Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Email Providers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Email Providers

PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep
edited August 2012 in General

Are there any free providers that allow you to use custom email addresses when using a VPS, such as [email protected]?

Thanks

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited August 2012

Google. I think outlook.com does too. Honestly running a mail server is pretty easy even if you haven't before. I recommend linode library for some tutorials that are practical and descriptive. Obviously using an external service lowers your resource overhead though.

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@jarland said: Google. I think outlook.com does too. Honestly running a mail server is pretty easy even if you haven't before. I recommend linode library for some tutorials that are practical and descriptive. Obviously using an external service lowers your resource overhead though.

Yeah - that's what I was thinking. Using an external service would generally be more reliable too. Will look at Google Apps and see what I can do with that.

Can't Google apps to register me, wtf ;(

• @dominicl said: Can't Google apps to register me, wtf ;(

What is the problem?
    Can not register or what?

@ErawanArifNugroho said: What is the problem?

Can not register or what?

When I click register, it just goes back to the sign up form but gives no errors.

Think I got it now, they have 2 sign up forms and one of them works. Weird.

• @dominicl said: Think I got it now, they have 2 sign up forms and one of them works. Weird.

You should also try different browsers. Sometimes your addons can alter the way websites should work.

Yeah, did that. One of their forms works, other doesn't :p

• zoho.com's domain email hosting is pretty good and free.

• Google apps better. When your vps somehow down, you can still receiving email on google apps mail.