Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostingSquad Windows 2003 Liscense Key?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostingSquad Windows 2003 Liscense Key?

zhuanyizhuanyi Member
edited August 2012 in Providers

As I have mentioned before, I have a Windows 2003 VPS with HostingSquad and I think @Randy has worked really hard to put every piece together and get things to work.

However, out of curiosity, I found a tool online to back out the license key for the Windows that Randy has installed for me and it turned out the key has been posted on various forums before, an example is the following post:

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/2074-Server-2003-Stan-Ent-OEM-Files-DELL?p=31073&viewfull=1#post31073

Out of respect for Randy's privacy, I won't disclose the full key in public however here is the first half of it:

DR7QV-WQDC8-G4DP9

And some Google Search results:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=DR7QV-WQDC8-G4DP9

Again, as what I have mentioned before, @Randy has been working really hard to help me, who is just another customer of his, however I wish he could respond to this thread and clear up things a little.

Thanked by 1marrco

Comments

• @zhuanyi said: [...], however I wish he could respond to this thread and clear up things a little

Yes, a big mystery...

• @zhuanyi said: Out of respect for Randy's privacy, I won't disclose the full key in public

but google doesnt respect privacy, at least in this case ;)

• What privacy do you seek in a seemingly random sequence of digits and letters? Your name, address, etc. is not exposed there.

• @peppr said: but google doesnt respect privacy, at least in this case ;)

That is something to be discussed between your/Randy's lawyer and those of Google's :)

• RandyRandy Member
    edited August 2012

This key is not SPLA, it was given by neo, it should be legit, i have no idea why its floating on the web, but whatever it is, it will be my duty to issue a new key at least, i am currently following up with the DC with licenses for windows dc edition for what they could offer. once again if i would really use a fake key/leaked key, i would not have answered the previous threads. i would have just shut up and kept this private if i am using a illegal key?

those keys has expired, so i doubt it will be any use.

i am planning to get windows 2003 or 2008.

meanwhile i have disabled ordering, untill this gets resolved.

Thanks for starting this thread, i wanted to get this out of the way too

i owe you an apology for this too. apologies.

• KenshinKenshin Member
    edited August 2012

It's right for zhuanyi not to release the full key, otherwise he'll be in trouble for either (1) releasing pirated Microsoft CD keys, or (2) releasing a valid private CD-KEY from TheHostingSquad.

Edit: Can you please get neo to respond to the accusations, since after all you're pushing 100% of the blame to him I think he should respond.

Thanked by 2Randy Boltersdriveer
  • @Randy how much did you pay for the key?

• RandyRandy Member
    edited August 2012

@gsrdgrdghd said: @Randy how much did you pay for the key?

@Randy said: This key is not SPLA, it was given by neo,

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Who the hell is Neo? I asked yesterday as well.. Is he a member of LET?

Also, I feel bad for you, as it looks to me that someone has just fucked you over with this keys.

LSN provides windows 2k8 DC license for 70$, I think you use their servers

• So you payed nothing for it?

• @Alex_LiquidHost said: LSN provides windows 2k8 DC license for 70$, I think you use their servers

indeed. due to LSN screwing me up (Finally the RAM is in stock), i think i could get some discounts

@Alex_LiquidHost said: Also, I feel bad for you, as it looks to me that someone has just fucked you over with this keys.

That has nothing to do with him, he mostly unware of this too,, i guess

edited August 2012

@Randy said: indeed. due to LSN screwing me up (Finally the RAM is in stock), i think i could get some discounts

Not really, the first days I had really bad experience with them, my chats even got escalated to one of the managers (I think it was the sales director) and all my issues were dealt by him.

And of course you have avoided my first question

• RandyRandy Member
    edited August 2012

Boltersdriveer

Do you mean Kirs.Anderson? he is the director of support but he deals with shits too. i dont really know who is the sales Manager, for all i care. i dont like one of their techs

• Comeon guys, give Ranty a break. Soon the summer will be over and this whole fiasco will be over too. No need for more drama.

Thanked by 1Randy
  • @rds100 said: Ranty

not a typo? i hope it is

• @Alex_LiquidHost said: Who the hell is Neo?

Boltersdriveer

• @Randy said: This key is not SPLA, it was given by neo, it should be legit

Thanks for the clarification. I would appreciate @Boltersdriveer to step in and comment as well, since given another VPS provider a key with highly questionable origin is pretty much unethical at best and if LoomHosts is such a provider I'd stay away from them.

• RandyRandy Member
    edited August 2012

@zhuanyi said: Thanks for the clarification. I would appreciate @Boltersdriveer to step in and comment as well, since given another VPS provider a key with highly questionable origin is pretty much unethical at best and if LoomHosts is such a provider I'd stay away from them.

No, sir. like i said. this has nothing to do with him, leave him alone. :) that has nothing to do with him, i am sure he is unaware of the leak, i do believe that he provides me fully legit keys. it just happens to be this one that is somehow leaked

Unless they are licensed SPLA providers, they can't actually provide any licenses.

• RandyRandy Member
    edited August 2012

@Alex_LiquidHost said: Unless they are licensed SPLA providers, they can't actually provide any licenses.

he has his sources :) he works for a few companies, that is all i can reveal. those bunch of keys he provided is fully legit. there is no need to drag this poor guy in with Mr. Poor Randy

edited August 2012

@Randy said: fully legit

Yeah right. Let me provide screenshots myself:
    Deleted by request.

This are from second user of your servers. Fully public key that has been on torernts for years now. It is not leaked from him, it was never legit.

I am wating for @Boltersdriveer to respond to the thread.

• RandyRandy Member
    edited August 2012

> @Alex_LiquidHost said: Yeah right. Let me provide screenshots myself:

This are from second user of your servers. Fully public key that has been on torernts for years now. It is not leaked from him, it was never legit.

I am wating for @Boltersdriveer to respond to the thread.

i would request you to remove the links alex as sated by @Kenshin

Sure, deleted them. Anyway, this doesent change the fact that they are pirated.

Anyway, I am off this thread, just no point to argue.

Thanked by 1Randy
  • Is neo the guy from loomhost or loophost?

• @Randy you still didn't reply to my question:

@gsrdgrdghd said: So you payed nothing for it?

• @gsrdgrdghd said: @gsrdgrdghd said: So you payed nothing for it?

read again,,

@cosmicgate said: loomhosts?

• AsadAsad Member

@gsrdgrdghd I think he said the key was given to him by his friend "neo" who is stealing keys from where he works. Randy didn't pay for them.

Thanked by 1Root
  • @AsadHaider said: I think he said the key was given to him by his friend "neo" who is stealing keys from where he works. Randy didn't pay for them.

correction, i doubt he is stealing

• @Randy: You should know or at least ask. ;)

• @Randy said: read again,,

Please just answer my question with yes or no. Did you pay money for the Windows key you are using?

Thanked by 1Root