Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Upgrade completed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Upgrade completed

RandyRandy Member
edited August 2012 in Providers

Upgrade completed

Comments

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Seems like this would be better posted on your website or emailed directly to your clients...

• @Randy said: You are given 24 Hours to migrate your data to the new VPS

You not gonna do that yourself?

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • well. just incase they do miss it :)

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

I think your clients need to know this. I don't give two shits - and probably neither does anybody else here unless they're your client.

Just my 2 cents.

• @joodle said: You not gonna do that yourself?

unfortunately not

• ignore this then. this is just a notice

• @Randy said: unfortunately not

So, for example: You got a client wich is away, or didn't read this or an email
    And you remove his VPS after 24 hours, and all his data is lost
    What you gonna do then?

• @Randy said: unfortunately not

I think you should

• well. i guess i could wait up to 3 days :)

that is all i can do :

• @Randy said: well. i guess i could wait up to 3 days :)

that is all i can do :

Can't follow the logic bro

Thanked by 1Asim
  • @Randy said: well. i guess i could wait up to 3 days :)

But still, you are asking the client to move all data, because you are gonna do shit with your node

Good host... if i were you i would transfer all data myself, and not let the client do that

• I forgot this was twitter.

• Fix your capitals.

• SimpleNodeSimpleNode Member
    edited August 2012

Hello, This is a official announcement letting TheHostingSquad.com's Customers know that We will be Upgrading Our Main Server at GMT +8 (6.30PM)/6AM CST (24 Aug 2012) The Upgrade could take up to an Hour to be completed.

It's Like Your Randomly Choosing Words To Begin With A Capital Letter

• @SimpleNode said: It's Like Your Randomly Choosing Words To Begin With A Capital Letter

There's no random in them capitals.

• RandyRandy Member
    edited August 2012

apologies, i guess i should not even started this thread.

@Zen

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@Randy - Yes, I Don't think That you should Have started this Thread.

Thanked by 1Randy
  • Wow bad idea!
    If I choose windows as the OS there have got to be reason for that,ie: application that only ran natively on windows.

You can't force client to migrate from one OS to the other within 24 hours! Imagine someone having 10 active websites, do you have any idea how much work it involves backing up, restoring and setting up the new vps.

I would be personally pissed if this happen to me.

• @cosmicgate said: Wow bad idea!

If I choose windows as the OS there have got to be reason for that,ie: application that only ran natively on windows.

You can't force client to migrate from one OS to the other within 24 hours! Imagine someone having 10 active websites, do you have any idea how much work it involves backing up, restoring and setting up the new vps.

i am sorry that you feel pissed about this.

• VictorVictor Member
    edited August 2012

@cosmicgate said: Wow bad idea!

That's not what's happening here...if I am understanding this correctly, he's asking the clients to transfer from the second node to an upgraded main node. And as a side note, he's also announcing that OpenVZ is coming soon, hence the option to change to Linux if his clients choose to. I am guessing he's freeing up the 2nd node for OpenVZ once all the clients are migrated, but I am just guessing, so don't take my word for it.

Thanked by 1Randy
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I dont see where it is mandatory to move to linux.
    Leaving that aside, this is very short notice, hopefully nobody stores important data on 1 $ VPS :)
    M

Thanked by 2Randy TheHackBox
  • serverbearserverbear Member
    edited August 2012

Surely it's pretty straight forward to copy the array from one node to another? If you leave the responsibility to the client you risk losing them as a customer.

If my host gave me 24 hours to manually move everything I'd move it elsewhere, that's downright outrageous.

@Randy Is there a way to attach drama to every thread you post? I can't find the button.

Thanked by 2jcaleb tux
  • @Randy never fails...

• process has started

• Upgrade completed

• That was quick.... (from 7:21AM to 7:42AM EST)

• Thread can be closed//

• dataegdataeg Member
    edited August 2012

@Randy actually you need to give your customers more respect , if i were your customer (and thanks to jesus) i am not
    i would like to have my host notice sent to mail not on LET,
    I would like to have my data moved and assured it's move by my host since it's not my problem that you are moving
    i would like to have my host understand that without me he cannot survive

hope you understand

• You really weren't going to migrate your own client's data? Srsly? Wtf do people pay you for?

Thanked by 2TheHackBox jamson