Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best company for speed? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best company for speed?

2»

Comments

• @peppr said: They offer internal IP's on a local/different switch which will be useful for this feature

Is BuyVM the only one here with this feature?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2012

@concerto49 said: Is BuyVM the only one here with this feature?

On OpenVZ, yes. OpenVZ requires a lot of tinkering to address how bandwidth accounting works.

@winston said: Doesn't BuyVM have SSD caches now?

@Aldryic

You're best off mentioning my name as Aldryic doesn't show up. Most of our nodes have a cache in place, yes. All OpenVZ in Buffalo will have caches at launch.

EDIT - Added OpenVZ

Francisco

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • klikliklikli Member
    edited August 2012

I thought ThrustVPS do that as well?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@klikli said: I thought ThrustVPS do that as well?

Not on their OVZ's last I heard? I can't see Rus sitting down and tinkering with the OVZ routing tables for it.

Maybe he assigned private IP's, but that doesn't address the bandwith side of things

Fran

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@concerto49 said: Is BuyVM the only one here with this feature?

Once SolusVM adds the feature back, I'm sure more providers will offer this.

• @KuJoe said: Once SolusVM adds the feature back, I'm sure more providers will offer this.

I hope it does add it back.

@Francisco said: On OpenVZ, yes. OpenVZ requires a lot of tinkering to address how bandwidth accounting works.

I just want internal private IPs so it doesn't route out to reduce latency between 2 servers with the same provider in the same DC.

• Relying on SolusVM for fixing features is like... don't know, you propose an appropriate comparison ;-)

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@rds100 said: Relying on SolusVM for fixing features is like... don't know, you propose an appropriate comparison ;-)

Talking about solusVM..

Something just went wrong with my KVM node, so when I tried viewing it through solusvm (graphs, etc.), my whole Master server crashed, had to reboot it twice via SSH.