Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free DNS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free DNS

2»

Comments

• I'm switching from CloudFlare to HE yesterday, because they always turn my site off everyday. I'm using the Free service. Would it be 100% uptime if I use the paid one?

• @ErawanArifNugroho the paid one uses the same network, you just get more features turned on. It's been over 6 months since we used them, maybe they dropped the ball? I don't know, but totally forgot about HE. Also, if your domain is hosted with name.com, their DNS service is really good.

• @toratekdotnet said: Also, if your domain is hosted with name.com, their DNS service is really good.

Some of my domains with Internet.bs, I've using Internet.bs nameserver a few days ago, but having some problem with the dns. So switched to CloudFlare, and switched to HE.

Another domains with NameCheap using CloudFlare, and they also went offline yesterday. :(

• PhoenixVPSPhoenixVPS Member
    edited August 2012

@ErawanArifNugroho Well, I was just trying to help. In the end I couldn't find anything decent (free or low budget), so I've forked over $70 / year for DNSMadeEasy and I'm very happy with their service. I mean, if you're a hosting provider then it's a given that you either use a decent DNS service or set up your own. If you're just a consumer trying to get decent DNS service, then use your domain registrar's or sign up for HE like you've said. Sorry to hear about CloudFlare, I guess I won't be recommending them anymore.

• @toratekdotnet Thank you for the recomendation.
    Maybe I will try CloudFlare again next month, I will try to see how HE work this month.

Last year I also go with DNSMadeEasy, and never noticed any downtime. Maybe will try them again for another domain. :)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2012

@ErawanArifNugroho said: and they also went offline yesterday.

Ppl get scared when Erawan comes close with his torture "tests". Or the servers simply faint or play dead. Better than be killed for real :P
    M

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • I have some domains at CloudFlare too, but none of them went offline since weeks..?!

Told you, they only play dead for Erawan :P
    M

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • @Maounique said: Ppl get scared when Erawan comes close with his torture "tests". Or the servers simply faint or play dead. Better than be killed for real :P

LOLLLLLLL

• +1 for PointHQ

• extns.net, I use them, DNS Failover, Easy DNS(Interface isn't the best, but it works, so who cares).

And best of all it's FREE!

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

@AsadHaider - It looks like my invitation for free beta test was removed from Offers but if you want to give a try our new DNS service is already available link

• RandyRandy Member
    edited August 2012

Erawan is a abuser;-)

• DNS Resolver could be abused by me to?? LOL

• VPS Abuser

• RandyRandy Member
    edited August 2012

--Your abuse is not powerful to take your own server offline or atleast the node

• lol... do you want me to abuse your windows? :P
    I won't do that, except requested

• WintereiseWintereise Member
    edited August 2012

I see no point to be paying for DNS hosting when so many free providers do it so well, but that's just me.

With CF, I have no query/month or no other limits, so I don't even see why I'd want to consider anyone else. Oh btw, no domain limits either. The inconsistency report is inaccurate for me too, see this:

Ping statistics for 173.245.58.138:
        Packets: Sent = 100, Received = 100, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
        Minimum = 6ms, Maximum = 6ms, Average = 6ms

That is pam.ns.cf.com

┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

We decided to not provide the free option for our services - our fees are as low as possible and all the money is invested in infrastructure and developing additional functionality. I know that offering free service is a good way to build customer database which in the future can migrate to paid service but in my opinion it's the wrong way of thinking. It can increase the abuse rate and hit other customers.

@gbshouse said: It can increase the abuse rate and hit other customers.

You could offer a different infrastructure. After all, a few DNS servers are not too expensive. A different service name and all.
    Not pushing the free idea, I am happy with afraid.org for many years (and they had some storms like ddoses and such), I was just offering some ideas on how to avoid disruption of your paid service by the abusive free "customers".
    M