Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM Stock - Buffalo?? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM Stock - Buffalo??

Comments

• @Francisco I'm looking for some on the east coast or Dallas currently though, so NY makes more sense :P

• wuyawuya Member

@Francisco When will buyvm have stock?

• @Francisco I'd like buyvm KVM nodes in both SJ and NY. At least 1 in each location as a trial and then more. Unfortunately not a customer but can't pre-order >.<

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@winston said: @Francisco I'm looking for some on the east coast or Dallas currently though, so NY makes more sense :P

Makes sense to me :)

@wuya said: @Francisco When will buyvm have stock?

We're really hoping for Friday but it looks more like Monday :( While a lot of our SJ gear arrived on Monday, the router got delayed a couple days and arrives later today.

@concerto49 said: @Francisco I'd like buyvm KVM nodes in both SJ and NY. At least 1 in each location as a trial and then more. Unfortunately not a customer but can't pre-order >.<

D'oh!

I say just try, it shouldn't be too hard :)

Francisco

• @Francisco said: D'oh!

I say just try, it shouldn't be too hard :)

Yeah I even created an account on Frantech anyway even though I couldn't order. Wonder if that works :)

The thing IS I realized buyvm has KVM with storage. If you read my other thread, that's what I'm looking for.

@concerto49 said: The thing IS I realized buyvm has KVM with storage. If you read my other thread, that's what I'm looking for.

Storage plans are based on KVM, yes :)

Francisco

• @Francisco said: Storage plans are based on KVM, yes :)

Oh no no, that I need too, but as in KVM plans with heaps of disk space. As I noticed the trend is that KVM has too low storage. Is sad. Trying to run a database cluster as said, mainly high availability.

@concerto49 said: Oh no no, that I need too, but as in KVM plans with heaps of disk space. As I noticed the trend is that KVM has too low storage. Is sad. Trying to run a database cluster as said, mainly high availability.

Aah :)

Well, we got our private LAN in action as well. I don't have inter DC transit setup yet as we'd have to increase our capacity in both locations by quite a bit. Maybe in the future though ;)

Francisco

• @Francisco said: Well, we got our private LAN in action as well. I don't have inter DC transit setup yet as we'd have to increase our capacity in both locations by quite a bit. Maybe in the future though ;)

Yeah heard about that too. Hey, I've been trying to order for a while. Stop teasing :p. BuyVM without stock is free advertisement. It's mentioned in every thread.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

It's over rated. You don't want BuyVM's trash. Try dixhost.

More buyvm for me...

• What if rackspace gives an offer to buyvm?

Thanked by 1jar

@jarland said: It's over rated. You don't want BuyVM's trash. Try dixhost.

More buyvm for me...

dixhost 4lyfe

Anyways, we got a decent amount coming up, I don't see us running out for a bit :)

Thanks for the interest,

Francisco

Thanked by 2jar jcaleb
  • @jarland said: It's over rated. You don't want BuyVM's trash. Try dixhost.

buyvm is trash, no one likes it... try hostbluff.

Thanked by 2jar ihatetonyy
  • flyfly Member

@jcaleb said: What if rackspace gives an offer to buyvm?

what if you stopped posting

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • Any chance of shared/offloaded mysql replication between Buffalo and SJ?

• @Amitz said: Oh, I forgot:

Stock™.

Soon™.
    Maybe™.
    Hope so™.

Myth™.

• @bdtech said: Any chance of shared/offloaded mysql replication between Buffalo and SJ?

That would probably eat up a lot of bandwidth... not sure how cost effective that would be.

• JTRJTR Member

I haven't really been following this... Are prices going to be the same as in the existing location? Will IPv6 still be offered? Will plans remain the same in terms of resources/bandwidth/line speed? Will torrent traffic be allowed?

I'm unsure if it's worth getting a second VPS or moving my current one to NY... The ping to my current one is a little horrible from IL, so I think NY would work out better for me, but I'm undecided.

• ZettaZetta Member
    edited August 2012

@Francisco said: I don't see us running out for a bit :)

Guaranteed at most 2 hours then.

@JTR said: I haven't really been following this... Are prices going to be the same as in the existing location? Will IPv6 still be offered? Will plans remain the same in terms of resources/bandwidth/line speed? Will torrent traffic be allowed?

Yes to all of the above.

@bdtech said: Any chance of shared/offloaded mysql replication between Buffalo and SJ?

I can't do it on a global scale but I can sure check into it on a case by case basis :) Offload will be available in NY for sure though.

Francisco

Thanked by 1JTR

@AsadHaider said: No idea on this one. @Francisco ?

As mentioned, that's also a yes :)

IPV6 is going to be a bit derpy and using a BGP tunnel for the time being since colocrossing uses soon(tm) when it comes to IPV6.

Francisco

• AsadAsad Member

@Francisco You weren't meant to see that :(

What's @Dilt upto these days, still managing IRC?

@AsadHaider said: @Francisco You weren't meant to see that :(

What's @Dilt upto these days, still managing IRC?

Dilt's busy with his post-college life :)

Dilt is actually a staff member, not just our IRC monkey. Besides teaching me how to play league of legends better, he also takes part in all meetings and always rings in with an opinion/input.

Francisco

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

My ex used to make me play LoL .... Never udnerstood wth I should do, neither could concentrate while talking with her at the same time.

Thanked by 1sandbox
    edited August 2012
    • NY servers are online
    • I screwed up and our E3's for KVM don't have IPMI's so I'm waiting on an external KVM to be dropped off
    • From the looks of it we'll be emailing a coupon to everyone for the early bird stock
    • The E5's are very slick boxes :)

Francisco

• flyfly Member

@Francisco said: From the looks of it we'll be emailing a coupon to everyone for the early bird stock

to all existing customers?

@fly said: to all existing customers?

right

Francisco

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • Even to those who only have a customer account and never had the chance to order anything because of no stock?

• @Amitz said: Even to those who only have a customer account and never had the chance to order anything because of no stock?

+1. Any chance? I've got an account, but couldn't order too.

• budingyunbudingyun Member
    edited August 2012

I'm registering an account already. I think LET member should have priority too.