Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndPing - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndPing

Comments

• Does not seem to work in Firefox 13...

• NikkiNikki Member
    edited July 2012

@rm_
    I was going to do that, I have the "Options" dropdown which has an option that isn't active, I'll also have a servers one with everything checked (I can easily enable/disable the response elements for the ones, and just tell the server which to query)

@exextatic
    Forgot to start Memcache, VPS was restarted earlier :p

@littleguy
    Try it now

• I actually had something like this in testing for LEB, your yours looks good though. Any chance you could add wget tests?

• I think wget tests would eat up too much bandwidth won't they?

• NikkiNikki Member

@Kenshin, The problem isn't bandwidth, it's more the time it takes since the script uses a PHP Process to run

• Code a quick test? Send data for only 10 seconds then cut the connection and calculate the average speed at that point? That should reduce time as well as bandwidth.

• NikkiNikki Member

@Kenshin, right now it's ping/traceroutes, that's all I really had planned for it :P

A little update, you can now select which servers to use, by default it uses all of them.

• Interestingly, I've noticed a large increase in the bandwidth used on the server that hosts the script for this tool. I wonder how many pings it's actually doing or if it's just a coincidence.

• DomDom Member

Getting a memcache connection refused error (line 7) with ajax.php. Looks like it could be a decent site though once all of the bugs are sorted.

• NikkiNikki Member

Ugh, memcached crashed for no reason again...
    exextatic - I can add ping stats later, it's transmitting probably about 800 bytes/ping and like 1.6kb/traceroute, so I doubt it's my script...

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • @Nikki What are you memcaching? The list of servers?

• @bdtech
    The responses, I needed a fast solution to give me the response data from the cli script that lets me set an expiration time without having to write a cleanup system

• Hm, I guess this could be considered a bump, but it's still here if you want to use it.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member
    edited August 2012

@Nikki said: it's still here if you want to use it.

Many were in the #leb channel on IRC saying they had troubles getting a response from some of the locations, I saw this as well, 3 reported 404's

• bdtechbdtech Member
    edited August 2012

I'm using it, pretty sweet! Can you add more LEB providers, AWS West, north east hosts, or Linode?

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@miTgiB said: Many were in the #leb channel on IRC saying they had troubles getting a response from some of the locations, I saw this as well, 3 reported 404's

Not sure if ours was one of them but right now the LEP script is hosted on our test VPS (with our test file/IP) which seems to be the most targeted for DOS attacks so I'll be moving it to another VPS shortly.

• @KuJoe said: Not sure if ours was one of them

Yes it was, but I saw no reason to mane names

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@miTgiB said: Yes it was, but I saw no reason to mane names

Actually it looks like the webserver didn't start after the last reboot. All fixed. :)

• NikkiNikki Member
    edited August 2012

@miTgiB @KuJoe
    If you ever see any locations not working I'll disable them, just let me know.

Edit: Disabled one that wasn't working, I'll notify the owner.

• Anddd, updated the servers, removed broken ones, added BuyVM NY and Cyberwurx Atlanta

• @Jack I saw that too, wondering if it's their network configuration or just the script...

• U can still reach it with lowendping.net :)

• NikkiNikki Member
    edited November 2012

@joodle I saw that >.>, never updated the post

Also was thinking about re-doing it to not tie up a php process, would be as easy as forking, but I'd have to do some testing...

• @Nikki

@Voss said: @Nikki: I can access lowendping but I can't ping/traceroute any IPs.

Same problem here, ping and traceroute not working, latest chrome, firefox, safari, opera, IE10, js enabled.

• Is it me and the others or are the buttons effectless?

• What design is used on this site?

I've seen this recently on more sites..
    And I'd like to use it, too.

• @Shigawire said: What design is used on this site?

I've seen this recently on more sites..

And I'd like to use it, too.

magical land of.... bootstrap

• @curtisg said: magical land of.... bootstrap

Wow.. is this.. magic?

Isn't it like cheating? :D

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

@Nikki Yup sorry, still not working, tried both ping and traceroute, good luck sorting it out

• Warning: Memcache::connect() [memcache.connect]: Can't connect to localhost:11211, Connection refused (111) in /var/www/lowendping.nikkii.us/ajax.php on line 7 {"status":"ok","hash":"c2ecc032cc5e8bc4ae72a2e6f8f2d029","running":"13,1,0,2,7,6,20,19,21,22,12,4,10,9,11,5,8,18,17,16","querycount":20}

Good luck fixing.