Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[FALSE REVIEW] Stay away from TheHostingSquad.com
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[FALSE REVIEW] Stay away from TheHostingSquad.com

Jackson_WJackson_W Banned, Member
edited August 2012 in Reviews

Hello, I had a VPS from TheHostingSquad.com

The owner is a rude incompetent liar, He claimed that he worked out of an office with 12 other employes. He also claimed that he had 4 full racks and nearly 1k customers.

I was a gullible retard to listen to what he said, I admit that I had no idea what I was doing.

Heres where the problems started, I made a ticket about the clock, it sat for 7 hours, then I got a reply from a rep named Randy

"Sorry I'm at school"

I said OK, figured it was collage or somthing, then I talked to the kid on the phone, hes sounds 12, but I dont care what the age is, so I went along with it.

Then my VPS got deleted, and he said that it was cause I was hosting a dropbox, and claimed that that can be used for piracy. I DID GET A REFUND THOUGH.

Anyways, stay clear of this kid.

Upd. from moderator @breton
Review seems to be false, no proofs were given.

Comments

• Theres no way he has a 4 full racks, @Randy only started a few weeks ago. By hosting a dropbox do you mean https://www.dropbox.com/ ?

• Anyone who is familar with @Randy knows to stay away from them.

Thanked by 2Infinity Taylor
  • TazTaz Member
    edited August 2012

Even though this is a wht style post,
    how ever,

@Jackson_W said: The owner is a rude incompetent liar, He claimed that he worked out of an office with 12 other employes. He also claimed that he had 4 full racks and nearly 1k customers.

If I am not mistaking, Limestone doesn't do colocation, Started less than six months ago (Not a rebrand but a fresh business) so 1k clients has to be another false claim.

I can not get this fact that, why lie to your users/clients? Just admit you are new and let it roll. If you are someone who has rebranded like us, admit that as well. Doesn't hurt to be honest.

Any way, best of luck with your new host.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • Jackson_WJackson_W Banned, Member

Thanks

• TazTaz Member

@Jack said: I highly doubt he has 1k however it isn't impossible ;)

Not with a one mans rockband and rented server from LSN ;)

• TazTaz Member

I never mentioned handling, No not him! I have barely seen him advertising on any decent place where he have a decent rep.

I will be frank, even our small ass brings around 10 signups a week with almost 0 affort , haven't done a proper advertising yet besides two post on let and one on v7. (Well I guess cause we are not completely new and our old site redirects to current one ;) ) But I can not imagine him. No, not even if I am bribed with pizza and soda for life.

• Jackson_WJackson_W Banned, Member

Why did he lie?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Been waiting for this post.

• @jarland said: Been waiting for this post.

Why????

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2012

@martip07 said: Why????

Maybe what @jarland is saying is that many people (including me) had a feeling @Randy and some stuff about him and his company is a bit fishy..

• Ya I remeber now about his posts ....... :I and offers.

• @Infinity said: is a bit fishy..

Sorry that's me.

I'll take this outside.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@HalfEatenPie said: I'll take this outside.

Leave it for the fish tank, man those fish's are ugly! Mine are much more cute. :D

• @Infinity said: Leave it for the fish tank, man those fish's are ugly! Mine are much more cute. :D

LET has a fish tank?! Well, TIL.

This fish is a beast though.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Infinity Correct. This one has had it written all over it since before it's creation.

It's the typical flow of
    Post 1: How do I start a vps company?
    Post 2: I'm starting a vps company.
    Post 3: We've been in business for several years and have over 1,000 clients!

• @Jackson_W said: He also claimed that he had 4 full racks and nearly 1k customers.

It takes less than 1/2 a cabinet to host over 1k VPS

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • @Randy has had fishy all over him. He sounds 14 in all his posts, and he acts like a bigshot.

• RandyRandy Member
    edited August 2012

HI, People ,

@Jackson_W said: Hello, I had a VPS from TheHostingSquad.com

The owner is a rude incompetent liar, He claimed that he worked out of an office with 12 other employes. He also claimed that he had 4 full racks and nearly 1k customers.

I was a gullible retard to listen to what he said, I admit that I had no idea what I was doing.

Heres where the problems started, I made a ticket about the clock, it sat for 7 hours, then I got a reply from a rep named Randy

"Sorry I'm at school"

I said OK, figured it was collage or somthing, then I talked to the kid on the phone, hes sounds 12, but I dont care what the age is, so I went along with it.

Then my VPS got deleted, and he said that it was cause I was hosting a dropbox, and claimed that that can be used for piracy. I DID GET A REFUND THOUGH.

Anyways, stay clear of this kid.

Hi, when did a i say i have 1k customers.?and i did not even provide any phone support?

can you please let me know your ticket ID? or provide some proof?

from the looks of it you are trying to frame me.

let me know your ticket ID or show us the email you get when i responded to your ticket with ""Sorry I'm at school"

guys before you listen to this guy, maybe get him to show some proof? that will clear things up,

He claimed that he worked out of an office with 12 other employes. He also claimed that he had 4 full racks and nearly 1k customers.

i did not say that, (proof please)

Thanks

• TazTaz Member

@Randy can you please edit out and organize your reply by using quotes and other nice things?

Thanked by 1eastonch
  • AsadAsad Member
    edited August 2012

Gets out popcorn.

Thanked by 2ihatetonyy Nick_A
  • jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited August 2012

Jackson_W could be a troll from the pleasegoogle.it auction. Giving randy benefit of the doubt.

Thanked by 2Randy [Deleted User]
  • This is funny :P

• AsadAsad Member

@ihatetonyy What exactly is going on in that picture..

• @jcaleb said: Jackson_W could be a troll from the pleasegoogle.it auction. Giving randy benefit of the doubt.

I dont know, I have my suspicions that quite a bit of this is true, albeit exaggerated.

• Jackson_W said: He also claimed that he had 4 full racks and nearly 1k customers.

please refer to

@Randy said: Its from Lsn

my Servers are all from LSN , i did sate in my LET offer thread, so there is somthing fishy about your post?

• I saw this coming ages ago!

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/3090 - Errrrrr
    http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/3275 - Can't even manage linux
    http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/3059 - Horrendous grammar
    http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/3005 - Cause you live with your parents?

I am surprised that @TheHackBox has not ripped your head off for horrible grammar.

Im not trying to be rude im just saying this is all rather obvious in my eyes.

• RandyRandy Member
    edited August 2012

you are going off topic, why dig up somthing that is over? ( that has nothing to do with this!?)

those posts is the past, lets get back to the main topic here ,i am being accused for somthing i have never done (fake review/frame post)

• @Randy just wondering how old are you?

• what dose that have to do with this?