Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

stylexnetworks down?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

stylexnetworks down?

wahyanwahyan Member
edited August 2012 in Help

My stylexnetworks vps is currently down and their main site is down too. Is it down for everyone or just me? :(

Comments

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

Website works for me.

• fanfan Veteran

backed up now

• KenshinKenshin Member
    edited August 2012

Site is up now, my VPS (free) is up too.

Edit: My VPS got rebooted, uptime 3 minutes so they definitely went down.

• am i the only one that always gets his vps shut down every 12-24 hours from stylexnetworks?

• @cosmicgate said: am i the only one that always gets his vps shut down every 12-24 hours from stylexnetworks?

Is that so?
    So, do I have to cancel my vps now?

• Mine is the $1 vps that they offered a while back. It might be different for you if you paid monthly.

• I see down time from 11.22 to 12.20 GMT +1

Mine is often not reachable for a minute and I have had to start the VPS on the console 2 times because it was just turned off.

I have a paid one. I admit I pay not a lot, but it was not free.

• @cosmicgate said: am i the only one that always gets his vps shut down every 12-24 hours from stylexnetworks?

you are not alone!

• My cellphone went crazy last night as StylexNetworks kept triggering my UptimeRobot alert which sends a SMS to my cellphone...

It seems to be a DDOS attack for me, otherwise it is not likely for the box to be up and down all the time...

• Wondering if it has anything to do with this:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1180523

• In reply to my ticket they state the DC had a network problem.
    So VPS was running, but not reachable.

• @zhuanyi said: Wondering if it has anything to do with this:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1180523

styleX is not in FDC Denver.

• lumaluma Member

Yes I find my VPS with them (6 months for 3.99 I think it was) to be down quite often and rebooted often as well.

I don't complain though due to the cost, I just don't put important stuff on it.

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited August 2012

@JoeMerit said: styleX is not in FDC Denver.

my bad, thought they are.

• I believe they are somewhere in LA.

• i am removing uptime monitoring on this one, i got like 20 emails this morning about this VPS...LOL

• Maybe I would cancell my vps from Stylexnetworks (again) and another vps from another provider, since I' gifted a free vps for a year from Pyramid Server (again) as a hammering node test

• edited August 2012

Our Data center had an issue which caused all network traffic to stop. This lasted around 30-40 minutes, afterwards traffic was resumed.

Also we have been in process of moving clients to our new SAN storage since last week, which would have caused some down time for users. This was announced on our twitter.

edit:

@cosmicgate @wahyan @luma

I spoke to one of our technicians and was informed the following:

In the last 72 hours one HV was rebooted which initiated an automatic fail over. 90 machines we're transferred to another hypervisors within 17 minutes. Shortly after our entire network's traffic was cut off which was caused by our data center (this lasted 40 minutes). I am not sure as to how you are experiencing down time every 12-24 hours. Also if you did encounter any down time beside what was mentioned it was due to your machine being transferred over to our new SAN storage. this was announced over twitter.

If you are experiencing down time every 12-24 hours then this could be a machine specific issue. Open a support ticket and one of our engineers will further investigate this for you.

Also just wanted to point out the following :
    Average ticket response time
    1 hour(s) 4 minute(s) 53 second(s)

Our technicians are working constantly to resolve any down time or issues you have in a timely manner.