Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SolusVM KVM OS Templates (Beta)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SolusVM KVM OS Templates (Beta)

Mon5t3rMon5t3r Member
edited August 2012 in General

http://wiki.solusvm.com/Versions_-_Beta

just curious, does anyone already try this on production server? i'm thinking to add them now, but the IDE in centos 64 bit and virtio in centos 32 bit, only have one debian os atm, and the worst is root default password just showing them not even smarter than virtualizor team (sorry for the solusvm lovers)

Comments

• Want to add it to the kvm pakde?
    I will try it :p

• Not going to bother touching them just yet :P

• I noticed it was out in beta. Frankly I would not even consider using it until its stable and out of beta.

For now we will stick to our KVM OS template system.

• earlearl Member

so with this release there will be template based OS reload? that would just be awesome considering virtualizor has had this feature for how long now..

• @earl said: so with this release there will be template based OS reload?

I have the beta running now, found a few bugs, nothing fuctionally wrong, jut some small things like editing plans to allow access to the templates while you can create new plans with access, so easy fixes.

Til yesterday there were only 64bit templates, but I looked again today and a few of the most popular distro's has 32bit added

Thanked by 1earl
  • I can confirm this works great, just installed Debian on @MitgiB KVM.

• @Taylor said: just installed Debian

Be sure to enable virtio and reboot from solus

• @miTgiB said: Be sure to enable virtio and reboot from solus

>

And change the password from the default :P