Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So...I need some help
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

So...I need some help

lele0108lele0108 Member
edited August 2012 in General

I was looking up this host yesterday:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1360298-geekcraftnet-500-per-gb-wssd-131-bukkitvanilla-instant-set-up-vanillabukkittekkit-usde-162432gb-wraid1-dedis-starting-at-58/

And uh, they claim they are colocating, etc. I asked them about it, since I suspected they were using Server4You. I did some WHOIS work, and came up with his IP, and saw it was Server4You

http://imgur.com/a/Sltag

Anyway, just like WHT, the mods decided to delete all my posts about him, and slap me in the face.

Could you guys tell me if he's actually using Server4You or not? I checked his IP from his test servers.

Comments

• BlueVMBlueVM Member
    edited August 2012

Yes... according to the WHOIS on the IP through ARIN it comes up as being owned by: Hosting Solutions International, Inc.

According To Their Site: http://www.server4you.com/service/kontakt.php They're part of Hosting Solutions International, Inc.

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited August 2012

They said,

Sorry, we are sold out on dedicated IPs at the moment and it being game servers, data center is being really stingy on offering us more due to ARIN being so strict. In the event someone cancels that has a dedicated IP, we could offer it at that time on a first come basis. Our dedicated our $5.00 per month and you could pay one time for it now, which those that advance order receive it first when we have then stocked.

HostDime and Hetzner are willing to give out IPs (if you give a real damn good reason and I really doubt they are going to ARIN direct) where as Server4You will not.

He is with Server4You.

• Thanks. I think I'll PM citric squid about it, since this guy is a huge dick and a liar to his customers.

• NickMNickM Member
    edited August 2012

Have you considered the possibility that maybe they are coloing, with Server4You?

• Just ask them for a test IP in their XIOLINK location.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Why would ARIN not offer IPs for game servers ? I mean, ok, the parents might not like resources used for "losing time" on games, but I think this is a bit too much from the arin to play the nanny...
    M

• @Maounique said: Why would ARIN not offer IPs for game servers ?

Because gameservers don't need dedicated IPs, people only used them so that players don't have to type ports every time they connect.

But that point is mood now, since 1.3 Minecraft supports SRV records.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • NickMNickM Member
    edited August 2012

@Maounique said: Why would ARIN not offer IPs for game servers ?

Because game servers don't really need a unique IP address, at least not if the server and client both support changing which port you're using (which any decent game should).

EDIT: Damn, @gsrdgrdghd beat me to it :)

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2012

Aha, sorry, I never saw someone even play MC, not to mention set a server.
    M

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited August 2012

@gsrdgrdghd said: But that point is mood now, since 1.3 Minecraft supports SRV records.

Problem with using SRV is that every time a customer orders you have to update the DNS and they have DNS cache so you can't really do instant-setup.

• Not really, since you need to setup a new subdomain for every order/server there is nothing to be cached.

Thanked by 1MrAndroid
  • @NickM He "says" he colocates at XIOLINK and HETZNER.

I really don't believe this is real. Considering that he lives in New York, and claims he colocates in Illinois, that's 900miles away. Fine, support hands.

At the price he charges, that does not make sense at ALL.

• @lele0108 said: Considering that he lives in New York, and claims he colocates in Illinois, that's 900miles away

Well consider Hetzner, which is even in Germany. He would have to assemble all the servers in the US and then shop them to the EU which costs a shitton of money.

• mindfreakmindfreak Member
    edited August 2012

@lele0108 I saw your thread on MCF before it was deleted. It's sad all you can do is talk shit about other minecraft hosts and too much of a coward to even do it on your lele0108 account but instead flame other hosts on your alt http://www.minecraftforum.net/user/1494907-nomadicderp/ Next time you post things that can cross reference between sites, you should first check your sig on places your posting. Based on your trolling cowardness on alts, imo you have no creditability on what your claiming on this host. Speaking of your sig and being a legit business, tell us Jimmy, why do you run two minecraft hosts? That seems pretty shady to me.. Between two companies offering the same services and you having to flame and try to put down companies you clearly can't compete with on cowardly alts. I'm going to guess your companies sucks balls more then a hollywood hooker on a friday night.

• SpencerSpencer Member
    edited August 2012

• @gsrdgrdghd Very good point, but who's to say he didn't purchase the hardware in Europe and installing the OS remotely?

@lele0108 said: I really don't believe this is real. Considering that he lives in New York, and claims he colocates in Illinois, that's 900miles away. Fine, support hands.

@lele0108 you must be pretty uneducated to think St Louis is in Illinois being an American.

• lele0108lele0108 Member
    edited August 2012

@mindfreak said: I saw your thread on MCF before it was deleted. It's sad all you can do is talk shit about other minecraft hosts and too much of a coward to even do it on your lele0108 account but instead flame other hosts on your alt http://www.minecraftforum.net/user/1494907-nomadicderp/ Next time you post things that can cross reference between sites, you should first check your sig on places your posting. Based on your trolling cowardness on alts, imo you have no creditability on what your claiming on this host. Speaking of your sig and being a legit business, tell us Jimmy, why do you run two minecraft hosts? That seems pretty shady to me.. Between two companies offering the same services and you having to flame and try to put down companies you clearly can't compete with on cowardly alts. I'm going to guess your companies sucks balls more then a hollywood hooker on a friday night.

Sir, you joined like 3 hours ago, just to flame me? I have more than a couple of hosts on McForum's supporting my claims, including MaxsMCServers, etc.

And it's pretty obvious your the host, so...

And excuse me, are you questioning my company? I only currently work at once company, and I can prove that both companies are solid. Oh, and we don't lie about what provide we use.

• Also who cares where they host or co-locate or whatever they do or really do. They don't seem to have any bad posts from customers, so the service must be decent at least.

• @lele0108 said: Sir, you joined like 3 hours ago, just to flame me?

nahhh, this thread was posted in the MCF thread before for a few before your posts about them was deleted and this site looked cool, so I joined. I joined right after your thread, but this site requires admin accept before you can post.. You really should get over yourself.

edited August 2012

@mindfreak said: Also who cares where they host or co-locate or whatever they do or really do. They don't seem to have any bad posts from customers, so the service must be decent at least.

Umm...I do? And so should "your" customers?

Let's say McDonalds were advertising they were using real white chicken breast for their chicken nuggets, but actually they were using that pink meat pulp. Sure, it probably tastes the same. But would you happy? NOPE.

So yes, some of us care.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@lele0108 said: Let's say McDonalds were advertising they were using real white chicken breast for their chicken nuggets, but actually they were using that pink meat pulp. Sure, it probably tastes the same. But would you happy? NOPE.

You cant compare mcdonalds to colocated dedicated servers... McDonalds tastes so much better...

• Also you ignored both my questions on why are you too much of a coward to flame other hosts on your main to do so on an alt, not to mention multi accounts is against MCF rules.. Also you ignored my question of if your such a legit business to police other hosts, why do you run two companies offering the same service, like I said explain how that is not shady.

edited August 2012

@Alex_LiquidHost said: You cant compare mcdonalds to colocated dedicated servers... McDonalds tastes so much better...

Fine >.<. I'll compare it to pie since everybody on LET likes pie. Just substitute the words real fruit and artificial flavoring.

• @mindfreak and @lele0108 Fight of the MC companies goooooooooo

• @Spencer said: @mindfreak and @lele0108 Fight of the MC companies goooooooooo

nahh, I'm not a minecraft host, only a player.

edited August 2012

@mindfreak said: nahh, I'm not a minecraft host, only a player.

• Yet you still ignore my questions. Just proving your a scam yourself and that geek company are legit and your scared of them.. Did they take a bunch of your customers? Your among friends, tell us why your really mad at them.

edited August 2012

@mindfreak said: Yet you still ignore my questions. Just proving your a scam yourself and that geek company are legit and your scared of them.. Did they take a bunch of your customers? Your among friends, tell us why your really mad at them.

Why I'm mad? Because your company lies to your customers.

Me? Mad about customers? Lol, nope. Since it takes you like 5 customers to recoup profits of one of mine.

All your evidence you posted on MCForums before you removed it was a bunch of text logs. Not even screenshots. WEAK.

• @lele0108 as I said 3 times now I'm not a host.. But then again you think St Louis is in Illinois.. nm, carry on.

• and also you still have avoided my two questions. Why do you break the MCF rules posting on an alt nor have the balls to post about other hosts on your main account there and why do you run two companies offering the same service, like I said.. Very shady business practice imo.