Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who has the best uptime?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Who has the best uptime?

NexusNexus Member
edited July 2012 in General

I know this might sound like a broad question, but I am looking for a host that is highly, highly reputable and is known to deliver awesome uptime. I am going to be hosting a forum, (That's it). And the forum cannot have downtime at all, it will be pretty active. I understand a couple minutes for a reboot or something, but I am looking for a host that goes balls to the walls. I am right now looking at hostigation and the reviews are incredible. Can anyone else chime in?

Budget = MAX 5$/month for now. I am looking for easy expandability/upgrade ability once my business grows.

Comments

• TazTaz Member

5$ wont justify if you want 100% uptime. Get a vps.net cloud for about 10$. I know it is above your budget bud cloud would be the best option for you in your case.

• TazTaz Member

Just to add, a vps node complete reboot can take upto 30-45 minutes depending on how many vps hosted.

• A lot of providers offer pages to check the uptime of their nodes. Have you looked at them or the offers section?

• TazTaz Member
    edited July 2012

@Brandon no regular provider can gurantee 100% uptime unless they have multiple location failover ( cloud setup). 100% is completely impossible.

• NexusNexus Member

Ninja, Thanks for the info. I know I wont receive 100% uptime, but I just need a higher end host out here on LEB. I've been reading reviews lately and I found Hostigation, but I don't know if there is better?

• yomeroyomero Member

LOL 5 bucks.... xD

Good luck...

¬_¬

• NexusNexus Member
    edited July 2012

@yomero said: LOL 5 bucks.... xD

Good luck...

¬_¬

I do only need a 256/512 if that helps ^^

• TazTaz Member

If you cut down 100% uptime requirements, you got hostigation, buyvm and some other provider.

• qjqqjq Member

buy 2 vps and setup failover or 100% uptime is impossible

• @Nexus said:

I do only need a 256/512 if that helps ^^

It doesn't ;) Heck even AWS went down after a lightning storm.

@NinaHawk really you're suggesting vps.net? I would warn anyone even thinking of going with them!

• @NinjaHawk said: Get a vps.net cloud for about 10$.

Search for VPS.net at WHT - They have more downtime than nearly any other provider...

• NexusNexus Member

@NinjaHawk, buyvm is all sold it out unfortunately. What "Other provider" do you speak of? I am leaning towards hostigation at the moment.

• TazTaz Member

@nexus go for hostigation then. They got 7 days money-back terms.

@William well I guess I was lucky than.

• fanfan Veteran

@NinjaHawk said: Get a vps.net cloud for about 10$.

Do they really offer that price? PM me if that price is still available, thanks.

• TazTaz Member

@fan they used to not sure about now though.

• yomeroyomero Member

The "cloud"

LOL
    Bah...

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

00:50:21 up 130 days, 21:34, 0 users, load average: 2.03, 2.13, 2.17

KVM Node #1 :)

• There's a list here - http://chi.blite.ca/pungcm/

Doesn't break it down into cost/plan, but might give you an idea on which host to look at.

• TazTaz Member
    edited July 2012

@serverbear how does some one get listed there?

• I think it's owned by @sleddog

• jcalebjcaleb Member

BuyVM, Hostigation, Prometeus

• upfreakupfreak Member
    edited July 2012

RocketVPS (139 days+) , Prometeus (90 days+) - 100 % uptime
    ChiagoVps (99.99%), ramhost (99.9%), hostigation (99.96%)
    buyvm (99.93%)

PS: all servers are monitored for atleast 4-5 months
    Rocketvps is the only one which will be more than $5 without discount. I pay 4.99 for a 256/512 openvz VPS

• jcalebjcaleb Member

Agree for rocket... it's worth your money...

• @NinjaHawk said: @serverbear how does some one get listed there?

The list is based on offers made here and at LEB. I initially had you listed from this offer but after a few days your test IP went offline.....

• @NinjaHawk said: @Brandon no regular provider can gurantee 100% uptime unless they have multiple location failover ( cloud setup). 100% is completely impossible.

Yes of course but never said that???

• TazTaz Member

@sleddog fixed the test ip (Actually took that vps offline ).

• @NinjaHawk said: @sleddog fixed the test ip (Actually took that vps offline ).

I added the .60 IP you mentioned in your sales thread. Hope that's OK...

• TazTaz Member

Cheers and Thanks :D