Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for PHP developer with experience in cPanel/WHM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for PHP developer with experience in cPanel/WHM

gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep
edited April 2013 in General

Hi Gals and Lads

We are looking for PHP developer with experience in cPanel/WHM.

Cheers
Peter

Comments

• Looking as well. Had hired @adly but he fell off the earth after not being able to deliver :-(

• DStroutDStrout Member
    edited April 2013

I am a PHP developer, but what kind of "experience" are you looking for in cPanel/WHM? Are you doing something with the API? Or is it something else? I was using cPanel on shared hosting a lot before switching to VPSes (and I still have access to a couple of cPanel accounts), and I've had a little WHM experience. Reply or PM with details and I'd be happy to discuss the project with you.

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2013

We need someone to take over the Rage4 DNS cPanel plugin development.
    It's already in beta stage, few of our Partners use it but we don't have enough resources right so I need to outsource it.
    The main part which should be fixed is integration with WHM hooks etc.

We are open for any form of cooperation - I don't even mind if someone want to publish it on own site and charge for installation/support etc.

The beta version is available here http://gbshouse.com/Rage4_DNS_cPanel-beta1.tar.gz.

We can also provide you VPS with WHM/cPanel developer license as we own one.

• Sorry, that doesn't sound like something I could help you with.

@DStrout, @curtisg, @peppr, @serverian - what do you think about mentioned cooperation model?

• @gbshouse I personally wouldn't post it to my own site, if I developed it however I would post it in my portfolio, that's about it.

• I'm a PHP developer, however I have never really had a great look into the cPanel Hooks/API.

• Just a fyi @gbshouse,

include('rage4/class.rage4.php');

This wasn't included in your archive.

@curtisg - for us "the perfect model" would be if someone want to take over and create standalone project (can be non-free, or free with paid service like support, installation etc.)

@Wintereise - in which file? the version available online is completely workable and works fine (except few bugs related to subdomains and cPanel API)

• This is cool. AFAIK, cPanel has already done 90% for enabling external dns providers and all that needs to be done is to tweak the config files of vps.net / softlayer which is included by default. I havent tested the beta yet so please excuse if this is implemented that way.

@peppr - it works a little bit different. First all local domains are synced to Rage4 DNS, all later changes are made directly via our API

• @gbshouse Sync.php, that directory itself doesn't exist.

@Wintereise - take a look on manager.sh, there is a call to install the plugin (line 11)

• Ah, didn't think it'd be pulling that from a third server. Though, remote code dependency is commonplace with cPanel, should've looked harder, I guess :P

• @peppr said: This is cool. AFAIK, cPanel has already done 90% for enabling external dns providers and all that needs to be done is to tweak the config files of vps.net / softlayer which is included by default. I havent tested the beta yet so please excuse if this is implemented that way.

Eh? Where are these? I can't find anything related to vps.net / softlayer in my WHM..

• @unused said: Eh? Where are these? I can't find anything related to vps.net / softlayer in my WHM..

Configure Cluster > "Add a new server to the cluster" > Click on the (Show All) and you will then see options for Softlayer & VPS.net