Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My experience with UGVPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My experience with UGVPS

BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
edited February 2013 in General

Just wanted to share my experience with UGVPS

I got the 256mb plan from their latest offer on LEB in the UK
First few days my VPS was running fine
I'm running my 24Dubstep radio on it so uptime is important, yesterday suddenly my VPS went down, i thought this must be some problem with the UK network (i have read about the problems there)

6 hours later my VPS was still down, so i decided to submit a ticket to ask what's happening, they never replied to that ticket and just closed it

Around 3-4 hours after the ticket was closed my VPS got back online
Now today it went down again for a few minutes a few times today.
2 hours ago my VPS went down, and it's still down as of the moment i'm writing this

I replied to the ticket i made yesterday to ask why they just closed my ticket without answering me

Anyone else have experience with them?

Comments

• @UGVPS

There is no excuses for closing tickets like this unanswered, interested in what they have to say.

• LAKidLAKid Member
    edited February 2013

@joodle I have a good experience with Ugvps, must have been WHMCS bug to close the ticket automatically.

• @LAKid said: must have been WHMCS bug to close the ticket automatically.

If WHMCS closes a ticket automatically it will send you an email :)

• They probably forgot to pay yet another UK supplier?

• @joodle There has been zero problems with the network in Coventry, so more likely just crystals server, or a hardware problem.

Give her a chance to get back to you, and to give her input in this thread.

• @Jacob said: There has been zero problems with the network in Coventry, so more likely just crystals server, or a hardware problem.

Glad to know that it's not a problem with the network in the UK

Looking forward to her reply

• @Jacob said: Give her a chance to get back to you, and to give her input in this thread.

I've been using UGVPS since October, I never had issues with them in Lenoir :)

• @sean said: They probably forgot to pay yet another UK supplier?

Why who did they forget to pay previously?

• @GetKVM_Ash said: Why who did they forget to pay previously?

Sean. He didn't pay for the few months he had server with him then ran off to UKS?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@sean said: They probably forgot to pay yet another UK supplier?

If it was so the server went down never up, or only once, after they paid, but wont be going up and down.

• @sean said: They probably forgot to pay yet another UK supplier?

Love your own service, but providers making such comments ain't cool, dude

• @bobby said: Love your own service, but providers making such comments ain't cool, dude

Providers are human too and we are also direct client of some other provider :)

• bobbybobby Member
    edited February 2013

@NHRoel said: Providers are human too and we are also direct client of some other provider :)

Sure :) But it seemed like a low blow to me. Im not customer of UGVPS, btw.

Ninja edit: Then you should have sig like mao @ prometeus have (imo).

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@sean said: They probably forgot to pay yet another UK supplier?

Mmm, so that's what happened. To be honest I never really had much faith in UGVPS but I believe their motivation for good service etc. has just gone for some reason. I'm pretty sure they'll address it now that there's a thread.. otherwise god knows.

• @bobby said: low blow

It has been a norm here, "kick a man when he's down". I do respect your opinion and every one else should do the same :)

@bobby said: Then you should have sig like mao @ prometeus have (imo).

Mine ? :o

• NHRoelNHRoel Member
    edited February 2013

@bobby said: Ninja edit: Then you should have sig like mao @ prometeus have (imo).

Ehey, Not fair. You are from my own clan :(

• I personally have one of their Chicago ones and have never had a problem with it. She even loaded some templates for me. Crystal is usually on top of things but stuff does happen. Give her a chance guys and I am sure she will straighten things out here.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@LAKid said: must have been WHMCS bug to close the ticket automatically.

no.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Maounique said: Mine ? :o

He meant that "my posts have no affiliation with Prometeus" signature.

• @Maounique said: Mine ? :o

You had a disclamer before, sorry :)

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited February 2013

@NHRoel said: Ehey, Not fair.

Long long time ago (was it LET v2 or v3? not sure) we had discussion about potential siganture rules and major opinion was that as long hosts won't (ab)use this option with over excessive lines (shinny, few lines long signatures like your) rules for sig aren't needed. Signatures like your may change this public opinion. Not that I care - just sayin'.

• UGVPSUGVPS Member
    edited February 2013

There was some issues with DDoS multiple times this week on one of our UK servers. It wasn't affecting the entire Coventry network, but was isolated to the cabinet one of our servers was on. The other UK server we have wasn't affected at all.

All of you are free to contact David over at UKServers for more details on the attack, here is what David told me:

Hello,

>

Yes, indeed, should be fine now.

>

We have also just made a change to our automated null route system which we are >hoping will now pickup these attacks within 60 seconds rather than ten minutes.

>

Regards
    David Howes
    UK Dedicated Servers Limited

This week has been off to a rough start but things are starting to look better. UKServers now have an automated null route system for DDoS that kicks in within 60 seconds or less which prevents lengthy outages like this caused by DDoS by other customers.

Do you have a ticket ID I can check @joodle to investigate what's happening with the closed tickets?

-Crystal

edited February 2013

@bobby said: You had a disclamer before, sorry :)

Ah, that one, well, some people found a nit to pick about it so I dropped it.
    1. Few ppl read signatures;
    2. Gave some surface to attack me;
    3. The others didnt care and considered me here the PR department of Prometeus in spite of that coming much later after getting involved with VPSes and even this site.
    Better to point people looking for our LEBs at the right place.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@LAKid said: must have been WHMCS bug to close the ticket automatically.

I believe that frequently referenced bug is.....the cron ;)

• @UGVPS It's more like 2-3m downtime not 60s between nulls.

I'm sure david will get you sorted out though.

• @Spirit what signature ;)

• @UGVPS Ticket ID: #485446

Thanks for replying here

• Ok, sorry @Maounique :)

• @NHRoel the way to go! :) +1