Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hosting with Santrex: tell us your experience.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hosting with Santrex: tell us your experience.

cloromorphocloromorpho Member
edited February 2013 in General

Well as the title states.

I would like to know Lowendtalk crowd how´s been their experience with hosting company Santrex.

I have had 5 VPSs with them over the last year and to be honest its been the worst experience iv had so far. Its not the customer service, because they do response to tickets and try to help (sometimes for a 15 dollars fee, thats ok...).

But the web hosting service and the VPS hosting service... oh boy it sucks. And im not talking about their recent outage where they got their nodes wiped out, iv had problems with their services since day one. Massive downtime, extremely poor performance and poor up/download speeds.

I changed node location countless times with no positive result.

My decision? just let the VPSs i have on Santrex idle until the contract ends. They will not make a refund directly to paypal and acquiring another VPS with them would be useless, so they are as good as dead.

I know this story sound horrible but maybe i just have bad luck.

Anyone have had a good experience with them? a bad one?

Please share.

(you may ask: why had 5 VPS if you dislike them so much? answer: I purchased 2 "silver" VPS in the beginning and then cancel them for extreme poor performance and purchased with the refunds others less expensive)

Comments

• @cloromorpho said: (sometimes for a 15 dollars fee, thats ok...).

What..?

• cloromorphocloromorpho Member
    edited February 2013

yea... they charge 15 dollars "per incident", not for answering a ticket xD. And they used to charge for node relocation too don't remember how much. Though i think relocation is free now.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2013

They lost me at "seed boxes" on front page and "DDOS Hosting" (I know it's protection, poor wording) in the drop down menu. Combine that with the word "Offshore" in the title, which can mean many things...but we all know exactly what they think it means.

Break your local law all you want, but it's a whole new ballgame when you market to people specifically to say "Hey, come break the law here."

• they do offer "DDoS protected hosting" in their extremely overselled and constantly attacked nodes on Awknet.

edited February 2013

@jarland said: They lost me at "seed boxes" on front page and "DDOS Hosting" (I know it's protection, poor wording) in the drop down menu. Combine that with the word "Offshore" in the title, which can mean many things...but we all know exactly what they think it means.

Break your local law all you want, but it's a whole new ballgame when you market to people specifically to say "Hey, come break the law here."

Absolutely. When i purchased i was looking for a DDoS protected VPS for IRC hosting. Then i realized they where at that time in the top 20 Zeus CC hosting acording to https://zeustracker.abuse.ch.

:(

• Terrible terrible terrible. Expect no more than 50% monthly uptime. Had several vps over the past years, every time I expected they improved - no luck

• Out of curiosity what makes you go with them?

• MicrolinuxMicrolinux Member
    edited February 2013

Check WHT, tons of horrible reviews/nightmare stories. Possibly one of the worst providers I have ever seen.

• i got lured by the DDoS protected IRC VPS.
    :(

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited February 2013

They had major downtime last month or so, there /18 was/is blocked on Spamhaus and is only due time before there other blocks are also blocked.

They target indirectly the black market, so would expect downtime every so often with abusers outgoing and incoming.

• I wonder, how do they stay in business with that horrible reputation and service.

• experience = VERY BAD
    every day you will got downtime

• Santrex is where noobs go for seedboxes. They're well known for being godawful.

• When I'm with Santrex, their vps is always down everyday.
    Lag everyday. Support sometimes so fast, but sometimes it took 1 week to answer, and sometimes it's left unanswered.
    But I don't know how are they now.

• Hi,

Please allow us to post a few notes here:

1- We are no longer using blacklisted IPS with our new infrastructure.

2- We no longer use old hardware and/or old networks, we've started using our new infrastructure already.

3- WHT reviews are mostly delayed dedicated deliveries.

Please do mention any details for any issues you may have had recently and we will do our best to assist.

• Delayed? People NEVER got dedis and were defrauded for a few 100 bucks.

• erhwegesrgsrerhwegesrgsr Member
    edited February 2013

Horrible, support is dumb as fucking dogshit...

These fools can't even setup cPanel properly, couldn't get MySQL to work, not even with help of support, refund was denied too.

• @Santrex said: Hi,

Please allow us to post a few notes here:

1- We are no longer using blacklisted IPS with our new infrastructure.

2- We no longer use old hardware and/or old networks, we've started using our new infrastructure already.

3- WHT reviews are mostly delayed dedicated deliveries.

Please do mention any details for any issues you may have had recently and we will do our best to assist.

How about a refund for our wiped VPSs or the down time?

• MicrolinuxMicrolinux Member
    edited February 2013

@Santrex said: 3- WHT reviews are mostly delayed dedicated deliveries.

They're mostly about your shit service.

If nothing else, you have some low-hangers.

• Hello,

They're comments made by people that had delivery delays, or abused our services, it's a free world and people have the right to say anything anytime they like, either it's against Santrex or any massive providers out there, most of the cases on WHT were replied to by Santrex, and there was simply no proof or information to back their bad experience up, as mentioned earlier in this particular thread, more information is required.

edited March 2013

there is no proof needed. its well known that santrex sucks!

• @cloromorpho you must not know about the 'other side' of the Internet..

• the........

...dark side?

• What plans did you have with them?

• Some here have/had VPS or DS with them and are talking about downtime.
    Surely you have some uptime monitoring/tracking to show us.

• svensonsvenson Member
    edited March 2013

I had a VPS in the Ukraine with them a few months ago.
    The support is not that bad but the downtimes were.
    I had this VPS just for one month but the whole downtime was two weeks.
    They said that they are replacing the HDD's....
    So it took more then two weeks just for replacing simple HDD's.
    I canceled the VPS after that and I was happy that I just paid for one month.

• Hosted 2-3 VPS with them in 2011. Downtime for about 5-6 times, several days each. The last time they're down for 4 days, and my VPS booted up cleaned as new LOL
    Canceled the service at once.

• look, i have 3 vps and 4 domains on santrex.

im willing to loose all them as long as this morrons leave the business adn never come back.

im actively campaigning against santrex on every tech blog that exists.

• Seems they have closed already you do not need to do this.