Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Linode has increased 20% diskspace again for free
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Linode has increased 20% diskspace again for free

Comments

• Worst tempt ever.

• lbftlbft Member
    edited December 2012

Meh. The bandwidth is still ridiculous.

• @lbft said: Meh. The bandwidth is still ridiculous.

Isn't like if everybody is in need of terabytes of bandwidth. 200GB seems acceptable to me for the lowest plan

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited December 2012

It's an OK move, but they lag behind a lot on RAM. RAM is so cheap nowadays. If it were me, I would have tripled or quadrupled the RAM rather than the disk space. With 20$/2GB Linode would be in the game again :)

And bandwith, of course, but that's something I could live with.

• LeeLee Veteran

Really though, what makes them so popular? I know they are good and support is fast but do they provide only the best hardware and only the best carriers, I really don't get why they are as popular as their recent finances show!

• lzplzp Member
    edited December 2012

@mpkossen said: Linode would be in the game again :)

Back in the loser's game? Linode is laughing all the way to the bank with higher prices. They have a business plan that is extremely successful. They have good support and the only downtime is generally due to external network forces. Even during the big exploit however months ago it was (3 or so), their servers didn't even have a blip. They took care of the issue flawlessly with no downtime whatsoever.

@gubbyte said: Worst tempt ever.

Tempt? This is a basic upgrade to the plan. It's not some huge advertising feat to get loads of new customers.