Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

WHMCS + gmail

WHMCS + gmail

LiamLiam Retired Staff
edited November 2012 in General

Has anyone else not been receiving some emails from whmcs? I have missed a few invoices from a few companies now because I haven't been reminded.

They're not even going to spam..

Retired LowEndBox & LowEndTalk staff.

Comments

• @Liam: That's been happening to me every now and then with certain providers.

Catalyst Host - Pie Approved!
  • LiamLiam Retired Staff

Bump.

• @Liam said: Bump.

Egad!

• I've not heard any of our customers complaining about such issues, but who knows.

• had loads of issues where it went to spam, but always got them :)

• joodlejoodle Member
    edited November 2012
  • LiamLiam Retired Staff

I wonder if the hosts IPs have been banned by Google...

@rds100 nope yours worked fine.

@william's EDIS emails aren't though. Nor has some other large uk hosts I use.

• we had issues with turnkeyinternet and the same thing. Also had issues with people not recievign ours to to improper helo.

• Possible they have passed their sending limits

• as gmail and other providers crack down on helo!

• @Damian

:D IPXCore was my main issue with e-mails not getting to where they go.

But in the end it was the damn smartfilter by Google, categorizing IPXCore's e-mails as bulk (not spam but another folder). Therefore, you have to set up a new filter to stop the smartfilter from wrongly categorizing everything.

It was le lame.

• LiamLiam Retired Staff

@Damian Is this still the case?

• @Liam said: Is this still the case?

It ended up being a problem on his end, not ours.

I am no longer affiliated with IPXcore.
  • @24khost said: we had issues with turnkeyinternet and the same thing

Same here.

• @Liam said: Has anyone else not been receiving some emails from whmcs? I have missed a few invoices from a few companies now because I haven't been reminded.

They're not even going to spam..

Been happening to me also don't know what the problem is

ReverseHosts.com - Order Now - 128MB RAM // 10GB DISK // 500GB BW @ $13.99/year
  • Some login notification emails get dumped into my spam folder.

• @gubbyte said: Some login notification emails get dumped into my spam folder.

I find that is because the provider hasn't setup the email server / system properly.

Internap VPS, Web Hosting and more - Cloud Shards | Need a VPS Upgrade?
    Query Foundry, LLC AS62638
  • Google never bans IP addresses.

I have VPSes with Cloudshards & Terafire.

• edited December 2012

@GIANT_CRAB said: Google never bans IP addresses.

I wouldn't bet on it...

SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
    host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [74.125.136.27]:
    550-5.7.1 [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 1] Our system has detected an unusual rate of
    550-5.7.1 unsolicited mail originating from your IP address. To protect our
    550-5.7.1 users from spam, mail sent from your IP address has been blocked.
    550-5.7.1 Please visit http://www.google.com/mail/help/bulk_mail.html to review
    550 5.7.1 our Bulk Email Senders Guidelines. v44sixxxxxxeen.139
    Fusioned | KVM SSD VPS | LSI RAID10 | Netherlands 1Gbps | R1Soft | IPv4 & IPv6 | SolusVM
  • PS: Is this on Cpanel/WHM? If you are doing a test or go to WHMCS's activity log and see something like:

SMTP -> ERROR: HELO not accepted from server: SMTP -> NOTICE: EOF caught while checking if connected

It may be that you provider (or an update the provider did) is causing port 465/587 to be rerouted to localhost in order to prevent emails being sent directly past the server's own exim/etc.

A similar writeup I saw about this, and how he just needed to have the provider allow smtp.gmail.com and smtp.googlemail.com to go straight thru. Course this might not be your issue, and google might be simply locking access from your server in which case you may need to goto (while logged into that gmail account) https://accounts.google.com/DisplayUnlockCaptcha , unlock and then attempt to run the WHMCS cron job manually from the command line so that it can make a connection attempt to Google.

So it's probably one of those two.

PS: I'm currently experiencing the same issue (but I'm probably just going to move the site back to freebsd away from cpanel... been nothing but a headache anyways).

KBeezie - Insignificant little blog about Nginx, FreeBSD, fun stuff | PhoenixVPS - Managed Support Representative