Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS providers in Datashack?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS providers in Datashack?

pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
edited November 2012 in General

Anyone here have or offering VPS services out of Datashack in Kansas City?

Looking for a testing node there.

Comments

• not sure of anybody out of datashack specifically but, you might look at wholesaleinternet who owns the datacenter that they are apart of.

• @pubcrawler said: Anyone here have or offering VPS services out of Datashack in Kansas City?

You can always just get a dedi from them, their dedis are really cheap :)

• afaik @Jacob has

• @24khost said: datacenter that they are apart of

they are a part also and have their own also...

• but still backfed by wholesale internet from what I understood.

• Yes, Datashack and Wholesale are inter-related. :) Bunch of confusion around that.

Datashack is a remote location away from the high rise Wholesale operates out of.

Aside from that, network appears to be the same.

• Yep.

@Pats said: afaik @Jacob has

• jhjh Member

Half of the providers here seem to be in KC, not sure how many here are/will admin they are with Datashack though..

• @jhadley, agree :)

Nothing wrong with Datashack. Wholesale's owner is an owner in Datashack and I heard they were migrating things out to Datashacks location. Been a while on that info.

So, probably will become the new mass host location in KC.

• @pubcrawler I have a dedi with DS. Send me a PM if you have any questions. I'm paying about $69/mo

• I had an server there, no problems at all regarding network / uptime. Left because we didn't need the server.

• PieServ's with DataShack, BlueVM is with WSI. Prisma is in Kansas so I assume they're probably with one of the two.

Had PieServ, service was great; Prisma is A++.

• We were thinking about putting something in wholesaleinternet because of a recent change in Wayne's situation.

• PieServ? URL for their site and/or offers? New to me :)

• @pubcrawler said: PieServ? URL for their site and/or offers? New to me :)

http://www.pieserv.com/

• datashack is cool. i wouldnt recommend them if you absolutely need 100% network uptime, as the lower price tag attracts some abusers. granted ive only had 3-4 instances of abuse-related network downtime (and local to the switch apparently) so for most purposes datashack is great

• @fly, I haven't seen the abuse issues myself.

But I've lived through the several power outage issues in the past year or so.

Good facility for no frills backup location for anyone. For most of us, fine as a first location, although uncertain how their helpdesk and ticket times are.

• @pubcrawler

Ticket times are excellent. Any time of the day, under one minute responses. Its perfect. The responses from staff that can actually head to the racks and change something (hardware failure, reinstall os) is entirely different though.

If you require any type of physical change to the server/servers your probably looking at 18-24hrs until the job is completed.

The staff are still very helpful though.

• @Cirium said: Ticket times are excellent.

This. Cancelled my $35 server because I ended up not needing it, but when I had to contact support to get my iLO information and to add in a drive, they were super-fast in replying.

• Our Kansas location is based out of WSI, which is the DC Datashack use.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Cirium said: Ticket times are excellent. Any time of the day, under one minute responses. Its perfect.

what about sales? I have emailed them a several days ago and still waiting for the reply.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited November 2012

@WebProject Sales is always slow, support is quick. Sometimes can take 1-2 weeks to get a reply from them, on 2 emails I sent to sales I got an reply within 4-5 days

• imo support is really quick. they reply usually within 30 minutes.

• @Webproject
    @StormVZ

Well clearly your experience is very different than mine.

• We have 7 nodes with Datashack in Kansas City, uptime is great, support is fast, they have free KVM over IP for 24 hours.