Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

1$ .com domains (active offers)

1$ .com domains (active offers)

djvdorpdjvdorp Member
edited November 2012 in Domains

1&1 is doing their 1$ domain for the first year again, just grabbed one. Deal here: http://order.1and1.com/xml/order/Instant?affiliate_id=354859

(Disclaimer: link is affiliate, same price but I get a small fee for it)

I use http://tuxlite.com to configure all my VPSes and I love it!

Comments

• Weren't people having issues with them holding domains 'hostage' and not being allowed to move them away?

I am no longer affiliated with IPXcore.
  • Yeah have heard others say they have had problems with it. I bought a domain through them a few years ago and moved it to my GD account. It is kinda one of those things. I have GD and NC, but I like GD's control panel better.

• AsadHaiderAsadHaider Member
    edited November 2012

Don't sell your soul to 1&1, not worth it.. even worse than GoDaddy.

• For $1 a domain my soul is already sold.

• @24khost said: Yeah have heard others say they have had problems with it. I bought a domain through them a few years ago and moved it to my GD account. It is kinda one of those things. I have GD and NC, but I like GD's control panel better.

Is moving free then?

• TazTaz Disabled

@24khost JW name cheap ha one of the most shittiest control panel I have ever seen. I think the worst panel I used was s proprietary IBM shits I had to use at our old place

Time is good and also bad. Life is short and that is sad. Dont worry be happy thats my style. No matter what happens i won't lose my smile!

• No it was not free but I got a full year plus for .99. I left because of the crappy glue records crap that 1&1 uses.

• ChanChan Member
    edited November 2012

Do they accept paypal? If so I wouldn't mind buying a random domain name for random stuff (temp emails etc)

• @Chan said: Do they accept paypal? If so I wouldn't mind buying a random domain name for random stuff (temp emails etc)

Yes they do, I have paypal too with them.

• They take forever to actually register a name. Just FYI

• @FFFlip said: They take forever to actually register a name. Just FYI

Last time I tried it was like 1-2 days. Might not complain for 1USD.

• @djvdorp said: Last time I tried it was like 1-2 days. Might not complain for 1USD.

I miss GoDaddy $1 domains now...

• djvdorpdjvdorp Member
    edited November 2012

@FFFlip said: They take forever to actually register a name. Just FYI

UPDATE: Mine is registered now within 1 hour. Pretty fast it is.

• @djvdorp maybe they've got their act together, or you just got lucky :D

• LiamLiam Retired Staff

1 and 1 let down germany ;-(

Retired LowEndBox & LowEndTalk staff.
  • @Liam I would say Hitler let down Germany. I don't think 1&1 are quite in the same league. What have they done to inspire your ire? :D

• LiamLiam Retired Staff
    edited November 2012

@gazidoc said: What have they done to inspire your ire?

Sending collection agency threats BY POST because their paypal automatic payment system/their billing system didn't work properly (even though loads of people had told them). They didn't even email me letting me know their was a problem; I would of added my debit card.

• @Liam said: Sending collection agency threats BY POST because their paypal automatic payment system/their billing system didn't work properly (even though loads of people had told them). They didn't even email me letting me know their was a problem; I would of added my debit card.

That much for $1?

• It just took me 14 days to move several domains from 1&1 to another registrar. It was hell on earth thanks to 1&1. Avoid them at all cost!

Got divided by zero. Three times. Feel better ever since...

• LiamLiam Retired Staff

@Chan said: That much for $1?

This was last year and was for the normal renew fee - what $11?

• @Liam said: Sending collection agency threats BY POST

I've been getting these for a few years now, what's worse is they are STILL CONTINUING to renew my two domains after six years and sending me a bigger collections threat every year.

I just bin it, I'm moving house in a few months so it'll be the last one I get :D

• LiamLiam Retired Staff

@AsadHaider said: I've been getting these for a few years now, what's worse is they are STILL CONTINUING to renew my two domains after six years and sending me a bigger collections threat every year.

I just bin it, I'm moving house in a few months so it'll be the last one I get :D

haha ;-)

• Anyone knows how long this offer will last?

Coming Soon!

• In my experience, 1 & 1 is the epitome of terrible.

Ater I cancelled a dedicated server that had a monthly term, nothing for months. Server taken down. I got a bogus collection collection letter from a Canadian company almost 6 months later for another month's payment. Deeply worded into the document is double-talk that essentially states there's no relevance towards actual credit status - the notice is just formatted very deceptively in a way to look like it does.

Just a shakedown / scare notice that probably is the bulk of their recurring payments.

Getting a domain out of there? Good luck.

I'd use a GoDaddy 2.95 coupon and wait ~60 days to move it to somewhere like Name.com, Namecheap, Gandhi - anywhere but 1&1.

1&1's business practices are beyond tactless. BTW, I never got any notices from 1&1, they treat the BS collection company as an invoicing department essentially.

1&1 - Just Say NO !

• actually what is it with everybody hating godaddy. I love them and I mean it. Never had a bad thing to say about them.

• bamnbamn Disabled

FYI it took 1and1 like 2 years to integrate private registrations into their domain registration panel and don't go too crazy with 1and1 99 cent orders because if you order a bunch of domains, you're used to providers doing daily or weekly batch processing of smaller orders. Well 1and1 waits a month when I thought the money was gone (I admit it, my oversight but a month to process 100+ domains?) and I had some shared hosting billing issues from the guy who transferred me his 1and1 account as part of a payment, so they locked me out.

Good thing is if this happens to you, NCO Financial takes you to collections and you have 2 years to get your domains.

• @24khost said: actually what is it with everybody hating godaddy. I love them and I mean it. Never had a bad thing to say about them.

Me neither. I think people dislike them because they were in support of SOPA.

• NameCheap all the way for domains. :)

My Blog | - [email protected] - 386-320-9435
  • namecheap sucks.

• @LAKid

Namecheap is an enom reseller, which is decent

• I grabbed one too. It took around 3-4 days to complete the registration.