Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

LimeStone strikes again?

LimeStone strikes again?

lele0108lele0108 Member
edited October 2012 in General

We just got this:

~ Jimmy VortexUnit. Who likes poptart.cats?

Comments

• ZenZen Member

They're STILL DOING THIS?

Transparency: I work for Nodisto and all subsequent businesses: Backupsy, VPSDime, Winity, Cloudive, and DotVPS. My opinions represented through posts on this forum are mine and not the opinions of these businesses unless explicitly stated otherwise.
  • pretty close to the same email.

• ihatetonyyihatetonyy Member
    edited October 2012

(No, but seriously though.. they didn't learn anything, did they?)

"We are in a prison drama. This is like The Shawshank Redemption, only with more tunneling through shit and no fucking redemption."
    Thanked by 2liamwithers eastonch

D4jsp - Where virgins roam free
  • You should send them some of your junk.

Put your small hosting business on auto-pilot with Loading Deck
  • pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
    edited October 2012

What a bunch of a$$hat$ at Limestone.

I know the economy is bad and all, but Limestone already pulled this and got spanked.

Anyone notice that employee's name "Richard Payne"?

That must be the long form of his name Dick Pain.

• ZenZen Member

Just created a hotmail filter which forwards my spam to that address.

Transparency: I work for Nodisto and all subsequent businesses: Backupsy, VPSDime, Winity, Cloudive, and DotVPS. My opinions represented through posts on this forum are mine and not the opinions of these businesses unless explicitly stated otherwise.
  • @Zen haha itd give them first hand experience lol... got some old heavily spammed gmail :P

• Are we expecting another DMCA soon?

Internap VPS, Web Hosting and more - Cloud Shards | Need a VPS Upgrade?
    Query Foundry, LLC AS62638
  • As long as we make fun of butt pain, err Richard and the Crimestone Network I'd expect some kiddie style retribution. That's their style.

• I don't see an issue with them trying to get business this way.

• They broke or something?

Definitely bothering people by looking for customers.

• @Jack said: I don't see an issue with them trying to get business this way.

Isn't this how most Business Development Managers operate though? I get so much of this type of solicitation.

One could technically argue that me emailing hosts asking for benchmarks is spam too, where do you draw the line?

ServerBear - Easy UnixBench/dd/IOPS/FIO (NEW) & Network Benchmarks | Example Report | Compare Low End Boxes
    Gleam - Run kick-ass viral competitions & rewards to grow your userbase. Free until Sept.
    Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • edited October 2012

-- Removed --

Just got another lessons :) / point of view

www.erawanarifnugroho.com - my blog | Server Uptime status
    I'm not working for any providers in here, all my comments just my own opinion.
  • TazTaz Disabled

So, If you are a business (brick mortars) and you expect distributors and sales men selling/offering new range of products, how do you expect them to contact you?

Time is good and also bad. Life is short and that is sad. Dont worry be happy thats my style. No matter what happens i won't lose my smile!

• I don't think there's anything wrong with this tbh. They're reaching out to potential clients, why is that so bad? If you're unhappy about the e-mail, mark it as spam and move on. I don't know the whole drama between LEB/T and Limestone, but I don't really care.

• @ErawanArifNugroho said: Hm... Maybe we should spread this kind of stuff in our each blog/website. So LSN will get famous

For me, I would definetly blocked their whole range so they can't visit any of my sites

My Question for you is why?

They aren't targeting complete randomers who aren't related to hosting Just VPS Hosts?

I mean I have a node with them in rating on there network,support and Hardware quality it is top notch for the price I pay.

I wouldn't mind a good provider as they are contacting me?

It saves the user going out there and searching if they come to you?

When I spoke to Kris anderson the Director of support he said they hire a few people to basically sit there and surf the web , so they understand that what they are doing and it's not Richard's fault for sending the emails.

I really don't see an issue with it , I see an issue with them sending a DMCA but not with them just contacting people with there service offers.

• @serverbear said: One could technically argue that me emailing hosts asking for benchmarks is spam too, where do you draw the line?

Thank's :) That's opening my another sight. I just saw from another side, but now you've give me another lessons :)

• JackJack Member
    edited October 2012

I have Just spoken to Richard , I guess @Chief doesn't want LSN on here due to the DMCA?

He said :

I have tried making an account on Lowendtalk when the first thread posted. I have yet to receive my account approval.

• @Jack, does in LET need approval now? Is it automatic or manual?

• JackJack Member
    edited October 2012

@ErawanArifNugroho said: @Jack, does in LET need approval now? Is it automatic or manual?

Since Mr Cyprus man it's manual , It could of been prior to that not sure.

• Ah.. I see

• I honestly don't get why they are still emailing, after what happened to 24k. If this is a mistake, I would understand. If not, it's somebody needs to get the boot at the company,

• JackJack Member
    edited October 2012

@lele0108 said: I honestly don't get why they are still emailing, after what happened to 24k. If this is a mistake, I would understand. If not, it's somebody needs to get the boot at the company,

No , I think you should get the boot.

You just want Drama and it's not even funny.

• @Jack said: No , I think you should get the boot.

You just want Drama and it's not even funny.

Honestly, no. You can apply the same logic to the 24k thread.

If they don't care enough to stop doing it from the last thread, I'm not sure what to say.

• JackJack Member
    edited October 2012

@lele0108 said: Honestly, no. You can apply the same logic to the 24k thread.

If they don't care enough to stop doing it from the last thread, I'm not sure what to say.

You can look at from two different directions.

I personally wouldn't mind them emailing me that.

You probably don't like it and thought oh let's post a thread so I can be in the spotlight for once.

This is what the second thread you've posted now regarding other providers...

Randy and now LSN wow you've got a big enemy list haven't you.

No 24k was like wow I got 'spammed' by a big provider , more out of shock then for drama.

• Uhoh, someone hasn't learnt anything. @Chief expect another takedown notice sigh

Ishaq
  • JackJack Member
    edited October 2012

@Ishaq said: @Chief expect another takedown notice

I highly doubt they would send another. 'atleast I hope they wouldn't.'

• @Jack

Oh, well we might as well get rid of media, since you know, when companies make mistakes multiple times, it's perfectly fine.

And Randy? I have not said anything bad to Randy before, nor used his services.

• @lele0108 said: And Randy? I have not said anything bad to Randy before, nor used his services.

Wasn't you that made the thread about him? Like 'BEWARE RANDY' or something?

• @Jack said: Wasn't you that made the thread about him? Like 'BEWARE RANDY' or something?

What? I never even used his services before.

• NickNick Member
    edited October 2012

To hosts:

You look really unprofessional when you get butt hurt about something that is completely normal in all forms of the business world. It just comes off as being inexperienced with how things actually work..

Thanked by 1Jack
  • JackJack Member
    edited October 2012

image is spam.

image isn't.

Thanked by 1NickM
  • Mine was not at first being angry. Mine was somewhere between flattery and wonder.

Flattered they were seeking me out. Wonder cause they skimmed my email address

• TazTaz Disabled

@Nick welcome to let. We love drama. A lot of them.

Time is good and also bad. Life is short and that is sad. Dont worry be happy thats my style. No matter what happens i won't lose my smile!

• 24khost24khost Member
    edited October 2012

Hey they added the opt out now. Tis no longer spam.

Thanked by 1Jack
  • ZenZen Member

If you wanna rage about technicalities, yes it is spam. Your argument is a moral one.

• lele0108lele0108 Member
    edited October 2012

Spam - Send the same message indiscriminately to (large numbers of recipients) on the Internet.

• @lele0108 said: Spam - Send the same message indiscriminately to (large numbers of recipients) on the Internet.

to (large numbers of recipients) on the Internet from a list.

Richard is doing it manually!

• @Jack said: Richard is doing it manually!

Guess he didn't learn how to BCC yet.

• @lele0108 said: Guess he didn't learn how to BCC yet.

No , It's not SPAM.

You Just love Drama.

• @Jack said: No , It's not SPAM.

You Just love Drama.

Let's ignore the facts that:

a. I did say it was spam (which I did not) b. that I do love drama

Why don't you go tell that to half of LET? Because a lot of people do like drama here.

Please view this page to learn more about spam:

http://spam.abuse.net/overview/whatisspam.shtml

Spam is flooding the Internet with many copies of the same message, in an attempt to force the message on people who would not otherwise choose to receive it. Most spam is commercial advertising

This fits the message pretty well.

• marcmmarcm Member
    edited October 2012

@serverbear I get tons of stuff every day, anything from SEO marketers to server offers, and I just dismiss them. I don't see the big deal about this.

@lele0108 I was curious about LSN after I saw how they reacted the first time by sending @Chief a DMCA notification. Took me 4 attempts on life chat to get a quote emailed to me, and the price wasn't good at all. The 2nd or 3rd time I mentioned on live chat that I found "their ad" on LowEndBox.com and I was "curious about getting a quote for their amazing servers". After a brief pause the guy quit on me... I would never do business with such a company. As for their SPAM, if enough people mark it as SPAM then it will be permanently go into the SPAM databases. At least that's how I think it works.

• ZenZen Member

If you think he's doing it manually, prove it. The message is the same and isn't personal at all.

• LSN sent it to 24k in the past, this time they're contact @lele0108 from a different company. Don't see anything wrong with it, furthermore they added the opt out function.

LoomHosts VPS Servers - Dallas VPS | Reliable, Affordable, Solid
    Thanked by 1GIANT_CRAB
  • @Zen said: If you think he's doing it manually, prove it. The message is the same and isn't personal at all.

I spoke to him via Email he seems like a nice chap.

• Like I said on why. For me it is over. I know @Chief is still perturbed but I think we should move on. The first time they made a big mistake, and hopefully they learned from it.

• @Zen I think that they are loosing allot of business to other data centers. I guess working on their "people skills" and not nickel-and-dimming clients for every little thing (e.g. $35 for 24 hour IPKVM lease) would go a long way in keeping their existing customers and maybe even getting some new ones. Not sending out that DMCA request would have helped their image as well. Of course, this is just my two cents.

• @marcm said: for every little thing (e.g. $35 for 24 hour IPKVM lease)

It's a shame most of there servers are supermicro then with IPMI isn't it.

• ZenZen Member

@Jack said: I spoke to him via Email he seems like a nice chap.

That's great. But you're trying to form a factual argument based on morals. Your personal feelings about them do not effect the meaning of spam.