Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

"Providers Roundup" - New Editorial piece on LowEndBox

"Providers Roundup" - New Editorial piece on LowEndBox

LiamLiam Retired Staff
edited October 2012 in General

Good Evening All!

We are planning to run a new monthly feature on LowEndBox but we need your help! Without providers LowEndTalk & LowEndBox would not exist; so we've decided to create a special monthly post where they/you can list news. The aptly named 'Providers Roundup' will hopefully list news such as, but not limited to: expansions, new services, acquisition news & any other big announcements from a provider. We will also happily feature projects such as DNS services & scripts (as long as the project is connected to LET/LEB). We will however not publish things such as lowering prices, new staff, new websites etc We cannot guarantee that we will list your piece of news but we will try and feature as much as possible.

To be listed on our debut issue, on the 1st November; send your announcement to liam [at] lowendbox [dot] com preferably with the subject 'Providers Roundup'.

If anybody would like to see something else included, please let us know.

Retired LowEndBox & LowEndTalk staff.

Comments

  • I am not absolutely sure, however things as "XXXXX host is now offering XXX package on X price" should not be allowed right?

    As far as I understand, those things would be for new locations, new network, new line of services and etc?

    Thanked by 1Liam
  • LiamLiam Retired Staff

    @Alex_LiquidHost said: I am not absolutely sure, however things as "XXXXX host is now offering XXX package on X price" should not be allowed right?

    As far as I understand, those things would be for new locations, new network, new line of services and etc?

    Yes. If we think the provider is abusing this opportunity the piece would not be listed. I will edit the above to highlight this.

    Retired LowEndBox & LowEndTalk staff.
  • @Liam said: Yes. If we think the provider is abusing this opportunity the piece would not be listed. I will edit the above to highlight this.

    That was my point exactly, I think that a large amount of emails with different offers will be received, so maybe it would be good to note that down as well ;)

    Really tired, didn't express myself well.

  • LiamLiam Retired Staff

    @Alex_LiquidHost said: That was my point exactly, I think that a large amount of emails with different offers will be received, so maybe it would be good to note that down as well ;)

    Really tired, didn't express myself well.

    I understood what you meant ;-) I don't think my post helped.

    Retired LowEndBox & LowEndTalk staff.
  • Good idea, I always enjoy hearing what new stuff hosts are working on. As long as it doesn't turn into a PR fest like the WHT industry announcements

    ServerBear - Easy UnixBench/dd/IOPS/FIO (NEW) & Network Benchmarks | Example Report | Compare Low End Boxes
    Gleam - Run kick-ass viral competitions & rewards to grow your userbase. Free until Sept.
    Thanked by 2Nexus Infinity
  • jarlandjarland Member
    edited October 2012

    Catalyst Host would like to announce that we are still here.

    I mean... good idea. If you focus heavily on spotlighting innovation, it could be a big encouragement for it, considering how effective LEB exposure is. I think this little market could use some incentive to think outside of the box and branch out a bit.

    jarland.me | Read about my new hosting experiment.

  • LiamLiam Retired Staff

    @serverbear said: Good idea, I always enjoy hearing what new stuff hosts are working on. As long as it doesn't turn into a PR fest like the WHT industry announcements

    Exactly!

    @jarland said: I mean... good idea. If you focus heavily on spotlighting innovation, it could be a big encouragement for it, considering how effective LEB exposure is. I think this little market could use some incentive to think outside of the box and branch out a bit.

    You summed it up perfectly.

    Retired LowEndBox & LowEndTalk staff.
  • @serverbear said: Good idea, I always enjoy hearing what new stuff hosts are working on. As long as it doesn't turn into a PR fest like the WHT industry announcements

    Totally agree, looking forward for this @Liam :)

    D4jsp - Where virgins roam free
  • Title is misspelt :( "provides roundup".

    Thanked by 1Liam
  • @serverbear I think that WHT might end up becoming gridlocked if they keep going in the direction that they are going now. I've seen weird things there, like some of my customers that posted reviews and the other providers posted on their topics just for the sake of posting, things like: "It's always nice to read a good review, I'm glad that you're happy with...", or recently I scored an infraction for asking one of my existing customers to submit a ticket for a customized solution that he was looking for. Even before I discovered LowEndTalk I wasn't posting much on WHT. To me it seems that posting on WHT is almost like walking trough barb-wire. So thanks to @Chief and his staff we have LET with low moderation and a pretty healthy community. It took me a while to catch on and get used to it, but I'm glad that I've stayed around.

    @jarland We are still here as well ;)

    As to what we are up to, I guess it's not exactly worth front page news, but: - we have finally fixed the KVM I/O issues that we where struggling with - we are working on new KVM v2 templates - we are writing a KVM tuning guide - we love KVM more than ever and it very fast became our virtualization technology of choice, replacing Xen PV - we placed a wish with Santa to bring us a working WHMCS module for PowerDNS so that we could offer free DNS service to the community. - we are working on providing more E5 nodes for KVM - we are re-designing our website so that we can decluter it a bit and give it a more corporate - business look. - so far we have our plate full.

  • LiamLiam Retired Staff

    Opened a new location? Offering a new type of virtulization? Or got something else to tell us about which has happened since October 1st?

    Let us know before Novemember 1st, we will then review your piece of news and subsequently post it with the post.

    Email: [email protected]

    Retired LowEndBox & LowEndTalk staff.
This discussion has been closed.