Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mass ip dedicated server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Mass ip dedicated server

24khost24khost Member
edited October 2012 in General

Wow I just saw this http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=8375181#post8375181 at wht 64 ipv4 ip's with a Quad core 4gb ram server.

Comments

• That's insane....

• 24khost24khost Member
    edited October 2012

I know right! Running out of ipv4 addresses. Somebody call arin and get some of these back lol.

• They need to take them back from companies that really don't need them; these small offices with a block of /24? Fools.

• blusmurfblusmurf Member
    edited October 2012

Remembering circa 1998-2002 when IRC is still alive. A lot of shell providers even had 64 IPs per server for Vhost.

• @Liam true, true

• @Liam said: Location: Iraq

Server is in NL regardless... Ecatel.

• Ecatel give free ips.

He probably has like 1k+ for all his servers as his a reseller.

that server is usually 95 euros from ecatel so his making a bit.

• But 64 ip's is a little ridiculous for that server.

• Maybe it is actually a /64. Lol!!!!

• They're a cybercrime host.

• ArronSG123ArronSG123 Member
    edited October 2012

@justinb said: They're a cybercrime host.

I hear the owner of XSLTEL was involved in a hacking clan...?

I found a thread on WHT about it.

• @24khost said: wht 64 ipv4 ip's with a Quad core 4gb ram server.

Stock : 2 servers only

• It's not that uncommon. I've received requests for lowend servers with more than 64 IPs. Of course they were turned away, but i know some providers are willing to server such customers.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

That smells like SEO voodoo.
    M

• Nah, the SEO zombies want IPs from different networks. These requests were by a very large and known VPN network, however we didn't want to deal with them.

• Let me guess, Overplay?

They finally got their own ASN/Blocks though.

• Nope, another one.

• Perfect-Privacy?

• There is a lot of waste in ipv4, considering the US gov't has over 100 million IPs, and corporations like Ford, who have little web presence, have their own /8.

And now with IPv6, they are for some reason allowing providers to have more than a /40. (A /40 is 2^88 ips)

• I don't think i should name the company, even though they are not our customer. Still there is privacy even for company to company negotiations.

• @vdnet RIPE allocates by default /32 ipv6 to LIRs. And one (a LIR) can get up to /29 if you want, no questions asked. But /32 is reasonable, for routing purposes.

• @Liam nope, we are talking about different things. I am talking about people who asked us to give them a server with many (hundreds) IPs. Of course we said "NO", despite the fact that we have a lot of IPs.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

/21 free IPs in Bulgaria.. And I had to literally beg my ISP to get me a single dedicated IP on my home/office connections.

• xsltel is probably selling his old nodes as recent wht events caused majority is his clients to leave him, hence only 2 of those are available

• ahhh that would make sense