Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avante Hosting - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Avante Hosting

Comments

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@ChrisK said: I can't wait for our new SSD VPS, not only 1/2 price of Ramnode's KVM they are 2x the disk i/o speed and run on E5-1620's!

is this twitter?

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • @ChrisK said: I can't wait for our new

With your record of keeping stuff down, @hostbluff has to be jealous.

• @ChrisK,

You really know how to avoid a topic and try to "shed some light" on a already horrible transition that has left a lot of your customer base "pissed off" at best.

E5's or E3's, it doesn't matter what you really host them on. Stability (which we see here is a real problem), network (again same issue), and customer support is what gets people. Not bragging and avoiding how horrible this transition was for you to this "superior infrastructure" of yours.

• standup comedian...

• root@xxx:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=iotest bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync && rm -rf iotest
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 1267.22 s, 847 kB/s

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

1/2 the price, 2x the I/O, and 1/50th of the customer satisfaction :)

I pity your clients that their host's priorities are so clearly misplaced. They deserve better.

• @Nick_A said: 1/50th of the customer satisfaction

Avante has a satisfied customer? Where? You've been snipe hunting again?

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

However I can in no way belive they have thousands of active users. Had a couple of friends that ordered from them and never renewed.

• @Alex_LiquidHost said: Had a couple of friends that ordered from them and never renewed.

Maybe it is the Hotel California, you can check in, but you can never leave.

• @miTgiB said: you can check in, but you can never leave.

Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place) ....

Thanked by 1Boltersdriveer

@miTgiB said: Maybe it is the Hotel California, you can check in, but you can never leave.

Well, if we count the total users active accoridng to whmcs.. Than I can say that I have "thousands of customers" as well.

• @ChrisK, From what i can find 199.195.156.0/22 is allocated to avantehosting, from those 1024 ip addresses 82 hosts are online. Somehow i doubt you have "thousands of clients".

Also sorry for my bad english, english is not my native language :)

Thanked by 1Chief
  • "online" and "returning ping" don't need to be the same thing.

@rds100 said: "online" and "returning ping" don't need to be the same thing.

Hmm, in my experience rarely someone disables ICMP on VPS. But still, you do have a point.

• Most services that are online return ping, but if they also have 92.241.8.0/21 there are about 620 more hosts up... still not thousands :D

• ChrisKChrisK Member
    edited October 2012

@Alex_LiquidHost
    I was referring to active clients.

@Remion
    There are multiple clients on certain IPs.
    Also I don't think your scanning tool is 100% accurate, sounds like nmap.

• NexusNexus Member
    edited October 2012

847kB LOL!

• This is getting intense.

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • @ChrisK, yes, simple nmap ping probes, could you give us some numbers on how many minecraft/vps/web-hosting clients you have?

And how's it going with restoring my VPS hard drive?

• @Remion
    I don't think I need to provide such information.
    That is private company information.

If you submitted a ticket , I am confident one of our staff members is working on your request

Thanks

• ChiefChief Member
    edited October 2012

@Alex_LiquidHost said: However I can in no way belive they have thousands of active users.

Just a general observation, if Avante Hosting was a large as @ChrisK states it is, I would of thought this thread to hit 25 pages, half of WHT's VPS section up in arms, and the Avante Hosting offer on LEB clocking 500 posts with pitchforks. So by detraction I would say Avante is nowhere near as large as @ChrisK makes it out to be if he can be offline for 2+ weeks, throw in a complete DC move and result in only a handful of customers complaining.

• Improvement:

root@xxxx:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=iotest bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync && rm -rf iotest
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 959.324 s, 1.1 MB/s

• NexusNexus Member
    edited October 2012

What's the cpu/etc

• @LAKid its DC fault. Nice improvement though

I wonder how he got those ARINs in the first place...

Thanked by 1Nexus
  • Since it was DC's fault in FL according to him, but now after movement, can't blame DC yet.

• @Nexus cpu/etc? Can't type, takes too much time, so just shut ssh off.

• @Nexus I guess I don't want to know then, hahah

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@LAKid said: @Nexus cpu/etc? Can't type, takes too much time, so just shut ssh off.

I always wondered how is it possible for a node to function under such load or on such bad hw.
    I never had a VPS where I can't type a command in SSH yet.
    M

• BrandonBrandon Member
    edited October 2012

@Chief said: Just a general observation, if Avante Hosting was a large as @ChrisK states it is, I would of thought this thread to hit 25 pages, half of WHT's VPS section up in arms, and the Avante Hosting offer on LEB clocking 500 posts with pitchforks. So by detraction I would say Avante is nowhere near as large as @ChrisK makes it out to be if he can be offline for 2+ weeks, throw in a complete DC move and result in only a handful of customers complaining.

I believe he's counting Minecraft services as well.

• @Maounique I can type, but when I finished a command line (I think) first letter shows up, can you imagine? Can't explain any other way..sorry.