Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$10 EV SSL?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

$10 EV SSL?

lele0108lele0108 Member
edited September 2012 in General

So, @giang was offering SSL certs with EV SSL upgrades for just $10.00 a year, for the first year. Anybody think he will deliver this?

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1194972

Comments

• I'm processing your order. This is an offer from Comodo, not from me :)

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • Really? This is pretty awesome.

Your site looks REALLY sketchy though.

• @lele0108 said: Your site looks REALLY sketchy though.

It's not even a site, just a clientexec =D

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Who cares about EV, give me multi-domain and wildcard subdomain certs. :)

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • If you would like to upgrade to EV SSL, here are some requirements:

• Legal status as a company created by government filing
    • Registration number of incorporation
    • Place of business is in same jurisdiction (e.g. country) as place of business registration
    • Organization name
    • Business name
    • Full address and main phone number of place of business
  • I wonder what documents are required for a company from non-english country. I.e. do they need all the documents to be translated to English and notarized, or what?

• @rds100 said: I wonder what documents are required for a company from non-english country. I.e. do they need all the documents to be translated to English and notarized, or what?

Yes, Comodo requires non-English documents to be translated into English :D

• Yeah, that's one big PITA :)

• Find a provider that hosts with Singlehop.

Singlehop gives their customers 'unlimited' free SSLs, which I believe are from Comodo. A provider 'could' just give you one.

Source: I used to have dedis at Singlehop and we had free SSL certs to give out, which we mainly used for customer reseller accounts and stuff.

• Anybody here use Singlehop? I had a buddy who had like 10 servers from them, but he quit this month D:

• edited September 2012

Oh, with Singlehop the catch is that the SSL's have to be issued to a Singlehop IP.

So if you get an account or vps on a Singlehop server, you could use their free SSL.

• @MannDude said: Singlehop gives their customers 'unlimited' free SSLs, which I believe are from Comodo. A provider 'could' just give you one.

VPS.net got free unlimited SSLs too, so you don't need to order a server :D

• @MannDude said: Oh, with Singlehop the catch is that the SSL's have to be issued to a Singlehop IP.

So if you get an account or vps on a Singlehop server, you could use their free SSL.

Have been in their tandem reseller program and still registered until now, they give free SSL only if we use their IP (buy their server in fact).
    Really an interesting type of perks, but the problem is, with their server price, I can get more server at datashack... :p

• edited September 2012

@Rikimaru90 said: Really an interesting type of perks, but the problem is, with their server price, I can get more server at datashack... :p

One reason I chose them was for perks. The SSLs were nice because we could offer them to Shared and Reseller customers on our nodes, and offer them to VPS clients as well. We had like a $500 credit to get Bannaz.com flash banners made, maybe had a toll-free number for free for a while, can't remember. But I wasn't with them for super super long, I wasn't a huge fan of the way they provisioned VMs. Somedays certain OSes would be missing and support would say they no longer support it, I'll notice a week later that it's back. Had issues migrating data between nodes on their cloud when we upgraded a server. Little things like that, but I am sure it's all been worked out since.

• @MannDude said: One reason I chose them was for perks. The SSLs were nice because we could offer them to Shared and Reseller customers on our nodes, and offer them to VPS clients as well. We had like a $500 credit to get Bannaz.com flash banners made, maybe had a toll-free number for free for a while, can't remember. But I wasn't with them for super super long, I wasn't a huge fan of the way they provisioned VMs. Somedays certain OSes would be missing and support would say they no longer support it, I'll notice a week later that it's back. Had issues migrating data between nodes on their cloud when we upgraded a server. Little things like that, but I am sure it's all been worked out since.

>

Yeah, I think we really can depends on their technical staff..
    I agreed that their service was great, also their network speed and uptime have a very great record.
    Well, poor me as their reseller that I can't sell their server in my country since all of my clients tell me that it was too expensive.. :(

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Comodo is a real pain in the * when something is exactly as they expect it to be.
    We once tried to renew a ucc cert with them, problem was that the customer changed their business name earlier that year.

So , mismatch between domainname and companyname was enough for comodo to request (read: DEMAND) copies of invoices from the company. Problem was that all invoices had the old name, which were denied.

After 1 month, we decided to buy it somewhere else.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited September 2012

@giang said: If you would like to upgrade to EV SSL, here are some requirements:

This is why we are keeping our EV SSL. At first it was just for the pretty green bar. If it makes people feel better about us who don't know any better, no harm done. After going through the insane process of obtaining it I realized that this is no ordinary SSL. I'm sure you can fake your way around it, but you're going to need more than just a fake ID.

The point is, and I can't speak for others who may have found loopholes, that green bar for us means that we are absolutely who we say we are, we are registered in the state of West Virginia (even though their stupid online listing will apparently never be updated to reflect this), and we were willing to go through the paperwork equivalent to a strip search to let people know we were legitimate. In this industry this seems important enough to warrant renewal.

Which reminds me, we really need to get the SSL set back up. Can't seem to catch up on the little details lately. Probably because I'm on LET ;)

• Ordered, please process asap.

• Goddamn D:<

I just shelled out for a normal one too :(

• @tecsys said: Ordered, please process asap.

Please check your email for further information.

• LV_MattLV_Matt Member
    edited September 2012

We are also offering it for $9.99. So if anyone is a customer of LoveVPS give me a shout and I will get you the order link.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

I vote for $10 Wildcards :P

• @Fliphost said: I vote for $10 Wildcards :P

I second this!

• Got my EV upgrade from Comodo today, ordered through @giang (Thanks!)

Not too much hoop jumping required as long as your a legit company and have the relevant documents to hand.

Impressed for $9 :-)

Thanked by 1giang
  • Thank you @onepound, we are still offering EV SSL for $9/year ;)

• Do I need one for each domain?

• Yea, you need a EV per domain

• thanks