Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

Survived 3GBPS DDoS on a LEB

Survived 3GBPS DDoS on a LEB

ajonesajones Banned
edited September 2012 in General

So, I had people stress test my server (1gbit private port) and I ran dstat live and they watched. I survived 3GBPS DDoS attack. It finally crapped out at 5GBPS. What should I use the server for?

Comments

• You can start of by telling us whcih is that LEB provider.

Unless this is a buyvm filtered IP, there is no way I would belive you.

Thanked by 2Infinity risharde
  • InfinityInfinity Retired Staff
    edited September 2012

@Alex_LiquidHost said: You can start of by telling us whcih is that LEB provider.

+1.

Also, somehow I find it hard to think it's a reliable provide that has a 1Gbit private port at LEB prices.

我是一个巨魔 (;

• So hold on...

You survived a 3GBPS attack on a 1GBIT 'private' port?

You realize that 3GB translates into 24GBIT...or?

Transparency: I work for Nodisto and all subsequent businesses: Backupsy, VPSDime, Winity, Cloudive, and DotVPS. My opinions represented through posts on this forum are mine and not the opinions of these businesses unless explicitly stated otherwise.
  • @ajones said: http://infiniserv.com/ is provider.

AM with them too :D.. They aint exactly LEB prices but still great network they have. There owned by C4L

• They do have some promo so it might qualify as a LEB in the lowest cases. they have 32 MB ram offer :) But costs 6 pounds... M

I am only representing myself :)

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited September 2012

Looks like a provider to try... How is their support if one needs it? Is it really possible to change the features like RAM, disk space and CPU cores on the fly without reinstalling anything? They are using KVM as virtualization as far as I can see...

Got divided by zero. Three times. Feel better ever since...

• MaouniqueMaounique Member
    edited September 2012

Then you cant change disk space on the fly, cpu and ram probably, with a reboot. M

I am only representing myself :)

• It's a amazing provider. I have $70 credit there. I'd suggest it.

• tumblr counter

Nice

www.erawanarifnugroho.com - powered by Prometeus XenBiz | Server Uptime status - powered by Prometeus Xen Pune
    I'm not working for any providers in here, all my comments just my own opinion.
  • Definitely not low end in my opinion... but glad that you survived it. I still think the math doesn't add up as the rest of guys have been saying... can anyone working with such networks explain how this would probably be possible? I mean I'm not network guru but I assume that there was some DOS filtering taking place perhaps on hardware level but I could be completely wrong and assuming the wrong thing.

Risharde.com - I AM THE FUTURE
  • @risharde said: Definitely not low end in my opinion... but glad that you survived it. I still think the math doesn't add up as the rest of guys have been saying... can anyone working with such networks explain how this would probably be possible? I mean I'm not network guru but I assume that there was some DOS filtering taking place perhaps on hardware level but I could be completely wrong and assuming the wrong thing.

10gbit host node, 1gbit vm soft limit.

Still doesn't make sense. 3GBPS* = 24Gbit*

Transparency: I work for Nodisto and all subsequent businesses: Backupsy, VPSDime, Winity, Cloudive, and DotVPS. My opinions represented through posts on this forum are mine and not the opinions of these businesses unless explicitly stated otherwise.
    Thanked by 1risharde
  • Last year Turnkeyinternet.net didn't even survive a 5Gbit attack. Everything including their site was down. I would say that it is an embarrassment for an entire data center to go down like that.

Thanked by 1risharde
  • @vpsnodebox said: Last year Turnkeyinternet.net didn't even survive a 5Gbit attack. Everything including their site was down. I would say that it is an embarrassment for an entire data center to go down like that.

Last year turnkeyinternet kicked me and refused to give me my data because of a 120mbps ddos on my VPS. However after I promised them one huge review on every single site I know, related to hosting, their manager/supervisor (not sure who was it) just emailed me he doesent like to be blakcmailed and restored my access to my files. I will never ever go again with them.

Thanked by 1risharde
  • @risharde said: can anyone working with such networks explain how this would probably be possible?

It isn't.

@ajones said: (1gbit private port)

@ajones said: I ran dstat live and they watched. I survived 3GBPS

So... how exactly can you see 3 GBPS appearing in your statistics when your port is only 1gbit?

Appreciate my posts/software/guides? Donate (PayPal/Flattr/Bitcoin): http://cryto.net/~joepie91/donate.html | irc.freenode.net #lowendbox

Thanked by 1risharde
  • ZenZen Member
    edited September 2012

@joepie91 said: So... how exactly can you see 3 GBPS appearing in your statistics when your port is only 1gbit?

He didn't and this thread is BS

Thanked by 1risharde
  • I did. Run dstat on the server. You'll see it.

• @Alex_LiquidHost said: Last year turnkeyinternet kicked me and refused to give me my data because of a 120mbps ddos on my VPS.

120mbit? the hell, that's child's play

• @ajones said: I did. Run dstat on the server. You'll see it.

Listen.

Your port is 1gbit. That means that your server can, at the very most, receive 1gbps of traffic. Beyond that, it simply won't arrive at the VPS, and as such cannot be measured either.

I don't care what you run, you cannot measure 3GBPS on a VPS with a 1gbit port. If some application claims to be measuring 3GBPS on there, that application is wrong.

Appreciate my posts/software/guides? Donate (PayPal/Flattr/Bitcoin): http://cryto.net/~joepie91/donate.html | irc.freenode.net #lowendbox

Thanked by 1risharde
  • @joepie91 said: I don't care what you run, you cannot measure 3GBPS on a VPS with a 1gbit port.

LowEndTalk has guidelines? | Follow LowEndNetwork on twitter & win!
  • Don't believe me? I can post IP, you guys can launch attacks at it.

• This isn't hackforums or some other skiddy community.

• @Jack said: This isn't hackforums or some other skiddy community.

Some of are "Members" are known members of such forums though...

• wat

1gbit vps > 3GB = 24gbit flood >Dude seriously believes this happened

ヽ( >∀<)ノ AHAHA AHAHA AHAHAHAHA

Enough said.

-- BOFH

Thanked by 1klikli
  • Stupid thread. Clearly from HF. You guy still LAUNCH attacks aye

• So what, I'm from hackforums.

• @ajones said: So what, I'm from hackforums.

And you do have a booter on HF...

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • Since you can withstand a 24gbit DDOS, maybe you can offer to let GoDaddy host their DNS servers on your LEB.

• Mr Cody Jones, oh Mr Cody Jones

Get out of here.

• @Zen said: Mr Cody Jones, oh Mr Cody Jones

Get out of here.

Thats not me you retard.

@Spencer said: And you do have a booter on HF...

• I own 3
  • Yeah no joke, typical skiddies.

• @gsrdgrdghd said: Ooh boy i thought this was a joke but then i googled...

Offering a free DDoS service

Spreading/Hacking a lot of sites (also notice the 1337 title)

Offering a "crypting service"

Name: ajones Age: 20 What you Know: Lots about RATs and DDoSing and programming

Shady VPN services

I hope you realise that is not my username.

• @ajones said: Name: ajones

oh?

@ajones said: I hope you realise that is not my username.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited September 2012

@ajones said: I hope you realise that is not my username.

I'm sure it's not :)

President Of Operations/CEO/CFO/CTO/COO of my account

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited September 2012

@gsrdgrdghd said: I'm sure it's not :)

I've actually decided to show that it's you because i can.

See this (click on proof) vs this and it's prooven beyond any reasonable doubt that ajones from HF = ajones from LET. (notice the same time, test file location and speed)

President Of Operations/CEO/CFO/CTO/COO of my account

Thanked by 1Gary
  • @gsrdgrdghd said: I've actually decided to show that it's you because i can.

See this (click on proof) vs this and it's prooven beyond any reasonable doubt that ajones from HF = ajones from LET. (notice the same time, test file location and speed)

I was going to post this but knew you would do it for me. If this dumbass really thinks he can straight up lie when half of his threads are replicated between LET and HF then he needs to go to a doctor.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited September 2012

These guys cannot hold 3Gbit, They nulled me at less then 100Mbit.

• Haha Jacob don't tell me you put your site on it?

• I wish I could have a provider which allowing me to perform DOS

www.erawanarifnugroho.com - powered by Prometeus XenBiz | Server Uptime status - powered by Prometeus Xen Pune
  • @ErawanArifNugroho What about Ecatel? ;)

• @Amitz have you try it? What will they do if they found me running udp flood? :D A simple "UDP no proc killed" message? Or just nullroute my vps IP?

• Probably ratelimit it not null it :p

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • No, I have not tried it. DDoS & Co. are not my type of fun. But from all that you hear, Ecatel will let you do quite a lot. IP Spoofing shall not be a problem.

• So I can be a script kiddies and sell some service of bot? :D Just if I have time to learn DOS in my localhost I will try ecatel

• get ready to get owned arif :D

• @ElliotJ said:

Stealing my intellectual property!

• @ErawanArifNugroho said: So I can be a script kiddies and sell some service of bot? :D Just if I have time to learn DOS in my localhost I will try ecatel

I heard that if you email they admit to allow the 'spoofing'