Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

EDIS.at new website is live!

EDIS.at new website is live!

emilvemilv Member
edited September 2012 in General

What do you think of the new website? I think it's a great improvement to the old one.

@William , to celebrate that, will you have some hard-to-resist offers? :D

Tagged:
«13

Comments

  • Looks the same to me.

    Daniel.

  • SpiritSpirit Administrator

    Looks the same to me too.

  • Looks cleaner :D good job edis!

  • SpiritSpirit Administrator

    Nameservers propagation maybe?

  • It resolves to 91.227.204.35 for me.

  • Looks great indeed.

  • Nice design.

    For those having loading probs/

    image

    Thanked by 1Spirit
  • @William FINALLY A WEBSITE THAT I CAN WORK. The old one was just horrible.

  • @liam said: telling his girlfriend about

    o.o

  • I liked the old UNIQUE one. Now hackfourms can place orders ;(

  • Much prefer this design, I found the old one pretty confusing :)

    ServerBear - Easy UnixBench/dd/IOPS/FIO (NEW) & Network Benchmarks | Example Report | Compare Low End Boxes
    Gleam - Run kick-ass viral competitions & rewards to grow your userbase. Free until Sept.
  • Looks good!

  • I prefer the old one, looks sharp and professional. The new design looks "too big" in my 1280x800 monitor

  • The pictures don't look quite right. The edges aren't straight or feel strange. Otherwise I'm ok with this. I did prefer the old colors though. Too many blue sites.

    Internap VPS, Web Hosting and more - Cloud Shards | Need a VPS Upgrade?
    Query Foundry, LLC AS62638
  • Very much disliked the old site, love this one.

  • TazTaz Disabled
    edited September 2012

    Even though it is better than the old one, still misses that great tenderness of KFC fried chicken.

    Time is good and also bad. Life is short and that is sad. Dont worry be happy thats my style. No matter what happens i won't lose my smile!

  • hAwNerkhAwNerk Banned
    edited September 2012

    No link to whmcs, no link to vps control panel. Still the same useless site. Tried ordering, whmcs seems down. Still the same useless site.

    I also remember signing up before the transition to the whmcs and when they informed about this transition, guess what, password was sent in plain text. What does this mean? they store the password without encryption with the old useless admin panel. if not for low price I would have cancel my vps.

  • InglarInglar Member
    edited September 2012

    @hAwNerk said: no link to vps control panel

    Look better, I think "Admin login" button at right of the page is that you need :)

    @hAwNerk said: Still the same useless site.

    Wow, you very strict :) As for me it's nice, comfortable and modern site with unique design !

    @hAwNerk said: password was sent in plain text

    And how you would like to get it, for example?

  • TazTaz Disabled

    IMHO passwords should be sent using a password protected file, which can be open using key-phrases, those keyphrases can be found by providing your finger print and DNA information.

    Time is good and also bad. Life is short and that is sad. Dont worry be happy thats my style. No matter what happens i won't lose my smile!

  • hAwNerkhAwNerk Banned
    edited September 2012

    @Inglar said: Look better, I think "Admin login" button at right of the page is that you need :)

    Did you think I did not bother looking? That is not the vps control panel link.

    @Taz_NinjaHawk said: IMHO passwords should be sent using a password protected file, which can be open using key-phrases, those keyphrases can be found by providing your finger print and DNA information.

    If this is sarcam better read again. The main problem is that if they can send the password in plain text means it is stored unencrypted, that is why in most sites, you can reset a password but not recover it. The problem is about storage not about how they send it. and now that youve mentioned it, it is also wrong to send it in plain text, they should have not send it. I am watching you Ninjahawk.

    @Inglar said: And how you would like to get it, for example?

    same answer as above.

  • InglarInglar Member
    edited September 2012

    @hAwNerk said: That is not the vps control panel link.

    Yes... Just need add the word 'vps' into browser's address bar after redirecting and press 'Enter' :) I agree, a little uncomfortable may be... But for security reasons it may be even better, that there no direct links from main site to the VPS CP?

  • hAwNerkhAwNerk Banned
    edited September 2012

    Well that proves it is still the same useless site. and I cannot see it a security advantage.

  • The old design is nice and clean, but little hard to navigate, and no "Language" option. The new one is easy to navigate, but the color is not as nice the old one

  • InglarInglar Member
    edited September 2012

    @hAwNerk said: Well that proves it is still the same useless site.

    What you say is proof that you need some enterprise-class hi-end security solutions for extra cost if you ready pay for this :)

  • hAwNerkhAwNerk Banned
    edited September 2012

    @Inglar said: What you say is proof that you need some enterprise-class hi-end solutions for extra cost if you ready pay for this :)

    Honestly? Are you serious? Why would you need enterprise-class hi-end solutions for a functional website? You are kiddin' right?

    Hostigation's website is so freakin simple yet it has everything you need.

  • InglarInglar Member
    edited September 2012

    @hAwNerk, at first, why do you think that someone interested in all your passwords?

    Don't know anything about Hostingation, their DC locations is not suitable for me at this moment.

    And if we are talk only about a functional public website, then just keep good security level at your side and keep regular backups of your data somewhere else...

    As about Edis VPS CP, 'IP access control' may be useful and simple security solution at this stage.

  • hAwNerkhAwNerk Banned
    edited September 2012

    @Inglar said: at first, why do you think that someone interested in all your passwords?

    Don't know anything about Hostingation, their DC locations is not suitable for me at this moment.

    And if we are talk only about a functional public website, then just keep good security level at your side and keep regular backups of your data somewhere else...

    Are you high or something? I wasnt recommending hostigation, and what made you think that? How is a functional website related to security?

    You on drugs man? Marijuana maybe? Heroin? Cocaine?

    You are retarded.

  • @hAwNerk = @subigo?

    Just throwin it out there.

    ServerBear - Easy UnixBench/dd/IOPS/FIO (NEW) & Network Benchmarks | Example Report | Compare Low End Boxes
    Gleam - Run kick-ass viral competitions & rewards to grow your userbase. Free until Sept.
  • @serverbear said: @hAwNerk = @subigo?

    Just throwin it out there.

    I am coming to the same conclusion myself.

    FiberVolt | Quality Los Angeles & Chicago Virtual Servers - http://fibervolt.com

  • TazTaz Disabled

    This is rude. Simply rude.

    Time is good and also bad. Life is short and that is sad. Dont worry be happy thats my style. No matter what happens i won't lose my smile!

  • Looks awesome and very clean & well structured!

    Rg Enzon, a User Interface Designer.
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited September 2012

    @hAwNerk said: No link to whmcs, no link to vps control panel. Still the same useless site. Tried ordering, whmcs seems down. Still the same useless site. I also remember signing up before the transition to the whmcs and when they informed about this transition, guess what, password was sent in plain text. What does this mean? they store the password without encryption with the old useless admin panel. if not for low price I would have cancel my vps.

    WHMCS is linked on every order button. Of course were the passwords sent in plaintext after the migration, how else would you be supposed to login at the WHMCS? The passwords are NOT STORED UNENCRYPTED - They are FULLY ENCRYPTED and NOT SEND IN PLAINTEXT EXCEPT AT SIGNUP (so if you change it in the WHMCS it is NOT plaintext and NOT send or stored anyway).

    Now go can do ahead and cancel your VPS. We don't mind.

    @hAwNerk said: The main problem is that if they can send the password in plain text means it is stored unencrypted, that is why in most sites

    As i said: PLAIN WRONG. Reading out the password variable USED AT THE SIGNUP FORM is NOT plain storage, as it will not be saved to anywhere.

    @Inglar said: As about Edis VPS CP, 'IP access control' may be useful and simple security solution at this stage.

    Eh, better not or we have users that lock themself out 24/7...

    Opinions/Posts are to be assumed my own/personal and not company related unless obvious
    Working @ EDIS and owning some others (and/or parts of) | Available for consulting | http://as198412.net | https://william.si

  • hAwNerkhAwNerk Banned
    edited September 2012

    @William said: WHMCS is linked on every order button.

    This only proves that you have a useless site compared to just any other host here in LET which has control and billing panel link on their site.

    @William said: Of course were the passwords sent in plaintext after the migration, how else would you be supposed to login at the WHMCS?

    Very stupid. You could have indicated in the email that we can use the same password we use on the old ugly control panel.

    @William said: The passwords are NOT STORED UNENCRYPTED

    If you store it encrypted then at least do a one way encryption.

    @William said: Now go can do ahead and cancel your VPS. We don't mind.

    I had a hard time reading the first few words but oooooh, a very good way to treat a customer. You seem to have the same character as ipxcore. And because of that I will no longer renew my VPS. LET is getting exciting. It shows the real character of hosts.

  • RandyRandy Disabled
    edited September 2012

    @hAwNerk said: Well that proves it is still the same useless site. and I cannot see it a security advantage.

    dont be rude. if you hate it that much, skip this thread .

    i like it, but i am still in love with e's site

  • @hAwNerk said: I had a hard time reading the first few words but oooooh, a very good way to treat a customer. You seem to have the same character as ipxcore. And because of that I will no longer renew my VPS. LET is getting exciting. It shows the real character of hosts.

    You're constantly being an asshole to providers, yet you expect them to treat you nicely?

    FiberVolt | Quality Los Angeles & Chicago Virtual Servers - http://fibervolt.com

  • @Victor said: You're constantly being an asshole to providers, yet you expect them to treat you nicely? indeed. a clone of subigo

  • Lets wait someone saying "dick". We usually easy to recognize someone loving to use that word.

    My blog | Server Uptime | I'm not working for any providers in here, all my comments just my own opinion.image
    Thanked by 2Randy Inglar
  • @ErawanArifNugroho said: Lets wait someone saying "dick". We usually easy to recognize someone loving to use that word.

    oh , yes his No1 Choice "dick"

  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited September 2012

    @hAwNerk said: This only proves that you have a useless site compared to just any other host here in LET which has control and billing panel link on their site.

    This is currently not useful, because 99% of our customers are Austrian and have no use for WHMCS and are thus in our old system. Once we migrated them (not to WHMCS; to Atomia) this will be changed as well.

    @hAwNerk said: Very stupid. You could have indicated in the email that we can use the same password we use on the old ugly control panel.

    No, because the old passwords were ALL insecure because the users picked them, with no forced security standard and free choice of lenght.

    @hAwNerk said: If you store it encrypted then at least do a one way encryption.

    I'm not sure what you think we use? Here again: ALL PASSWORDS ARE STORED STRONG ONE WAY ENCRYPTED + SALTED AND CANNOT BE DECRYPTED BY ANYONE, INCLUDING US, THE FBI AND THE NSA WITH UNLIMITED COMPUTING POWER

    I hope this is clear enough now?

    @hAwNerk said: I had a hard time reading the first few words but oooooh, a very good way to treat a customer. You seem to have the same character as ipxcore. And because of that I will no longer renew my VPS. LET is getting exciting. It shows the real character of hosts.

    Well? You seem to be unhappy and complain; why would you stay customer then? This makes no sense at all. Thus, being unhappy and complaining, the only logical choice is to cancel the service.

    Opinions/Posts are to be assumed my own/personal and not company related unless obvious
    Working @ EDIS and owning some others (and/or parts of) | Available for consulting | http://as198412.net | https://william.si

  • TazTaz Disabled
    edited September 2012

    @William noticed you have mentioned atomia, how is it Comparing to whmcs? And I am really interested in how much you are eventually paying them.

    Time is good and also bad. Life is short and that is sad. Dont worry be happy thats my style. No matter what happens i won't lose my smile!

  • @Taz_NinjaHawk said: noticed you have mentioned atomia, how is it Comparing with whmcs?

    It isn't, they change everything as needed for you specifically - it is not an OOTB solution like WHMCS.

    @Taz_NinjaHawk said: And I am really interested in how much you are eventually paying them.

    Can't discuss that... but you can bet on that WHMCS is much more affordable :)

    Opinions/Posts are to be assumed my own/personal and not company related unless obvious
    Working @ EDIS and owning some others (and/or parts of) | Available for consulting | http://as198412.net | https://william.si

  • TazTaz Disabled

    Once Nahian contacted them. I think the reply was around 3k setup for small business while no recurring fee vs 15k/year for big fish? Is it still around that range? It is also an all in one solution I believe ? Kinda like parallel's product?

    Time is good and also bad. Life is short and that is sad. Dont worry be happy thats my style. No matter what happens i won't lose my smile!

  • Yea, it does everything you want. As said... can't comment on the fees, but 3k setup would be... nothing.

    Opinions/Posts are to be assumed my own/personal and not company related unless obvious
    Working @ EDIS and owning some others (and/or parts of) | Available for consulting | http://as198412.net | https://william.si

  • TazTaz Disabled

    @William said: Yea, it does everything you want. As said... can't comment on the fees, but 3k setup would be... nothing.

    Annnnnd I am Out.

    Time is good and also bad. Life is short and that is sad. Dont worry be happy thats my style. No matter what happens i won't lose my smile!

  • New site looks good @expl0rer @william

    I use http://tuxlite.com to configure all my VPSes and I love it!

  • Loving the new crisp, clean site @William

    Vast improvement on the old one for me ;-)

    OnePoundWebHostingUK XEN VPSPV & HVM
    UK Shared & Reseller HostingDomain Registration
    99.9% Uptime GuaranteeUK Ltd Company, Established 2006
  • gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member without signature
    edited September 2012

    @William said: ALL PASSWORDS ARE STORED STRONG ONE WAY ENCRYPTED + SALTED AND CANNOT BE DECRYPTED BY ANYONE, INCLUDING US, THE FBI AND THE NSA WITH UNLIMITED COMPUTING POWER

    I think you mean hashed, not encrypted.

    A few suggestions:

    • Imho you should put a German flag for German instead of an Austrian one and a British for English

    • There is something wrong with the layout of images on the front page, see here. Also the screenshot has terrible Denglish and misses a closing bracket.

    • The whole websites looks a bit empty to me.

    But in general i really like it :)

  • @gsrdgrdghd said: Imho you should put a German flag for German

    Never. Not Negotiable. Not even a 50/50 German/Austrian flag is negotiable.

    @gsrdgrdghd said: and a British for English

    What about one of these 50% UK and 50% US flags? I'm not happy with the US only flag either...

    @gsrdgrdghd said: There is something wrong with the layout of images on the front page

    I'm not able to reproduce this in Firefox (Win), Firefox (Mac), Safari (Mac) and IE8 (Win) - What browser do you use? Cache refreshed?

    @gsrdgrdghd said: The whole websites looks a bit empty to me.

    Again: can't reproduce that...

    Opinions/Posts are to be assumed my own/personal and not company related unless obvious
    Working @ EDIS and owning some others (and/or parts of) | Available for consulting | http://as198412.net | https://william.si

  • MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited September 2012

    @William said: Never. Not Negotiable. Not even a 50/50 German/Austrian flag is negotiable.

    But German is German?

    What about

    image

    @William said: What about one of these 50% UK and 50% US flags?

    There is only a couple. The US flag is based on a British flag, but you wouldn't get away with using a Mexican flag to represent Spanish for an example.

    image image

    Daniel.

  • Why not several lines "English", each with a different flag. Could also have two lines of Deutch, one with Austrian and one with German flag.

Sign In or Register to comment.