Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EDIS.at new website is live! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

EDIS.at new website is live!

Comments

• hAwNerkhAwNerk Banned
    edited September 2012

@William said: ALL PASSWORDS ARE STORED STRONG ONE WAY ENCRYPTED + SALTED AND CANNOT BE DECRYPTED BY ANYONE, INCLUDING US, THE FBI AND THE NSA WITH UNLIMITED COMPUTING POWER

Are you very stupid. The fact that you were able to send it in plain text during migration means the password was not one-way encrypted. Or maybe there is a copy of unencrypted password somewhere. Please read this paragraph 10 times, you seem so stupid for a provider.

@William said: Well?

You seem to be unhappy and complain; why would you stay customer then?
    This makes no sense at all.
    Thus, being unhappy and complaining, the only logical choice is to cancel the service.

Being a customer or not is my choice. There is no need to tell me "Now go can do ahead and cancel your VPS. We don't mind." It only shows how bloat-headed is the host. Again, this LET is gotten more and more exciting, it not only shows the true character of the host, but also how stupid are them.

Your turn William.

P.S.
    Just to save you from embarrassment, just a reminder, you can use google to straighten your replies.

• @hAwNerk said: Your turn Mr. I-know-something-and-it-is-correct-well-I-can-fuck-customers-who-cares William.

Your turn Mr. Dick

Thanked by 1Randy
  • TazTaz Member
    edited September 2012

Subigo is back

Thanked by 1Randy
  • gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited September 2012

Can someone clarify the thing about the WHMCS transition? The way i understand it is that @hAwNerk claims his password was send to him automatically in plaintext at the transistion (not during a signup or so). @hAwNerk can you post a screenshot of the referenced mail to back up your claims?

• This thread.......................Drama................................Name callings............................OH GAWD! Can't we have one normal day with normal conversations?

• @gsrdgrdghd

William can vouch for this.

• @hAwNerk said: William can vouch for this.

Actually i think he is disputing your claims.

Anyway i can vouch for Edis being a great provider. When i had network problems (due to DDoS) with my server i got moved to another location and upgrades worked flawless.

Thanked by 2Randy djvdorp
  • why are you being racist? who knows one day he might own your ass :)

• hAwNerkhAwNerk Banned
    edited September 2012

@gsrdgrdghd said: Anyway i can vouch for Edis being a great provider. When i had network problems (due to DDoS) with my server i got moved to another location and upgrades worked flawless.

I can also vouch for Edis for being a great provider. He just turned dick when I complained about the password on which I still have lots of doubts. How can they decrypt one-way password? Just how.

William is no different from Damian. Both unprofessional.

I'll use my fucking edis vps to dos my other edis vps just for fun. Just kiddin', my vps is paid yearly and it is yet to expire.

• @Randy said: why are you being racist? who knows one day he might own your ass :)

Yeh Stop the racism keep that to the "The Cest Pit" thread

Thanked by 1Randy
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited September 2012

@hAwNerk said: Are you very stupid. The fact that you were able to send it in plain text during migration means the password was not one-way encrypted. Or maybe there is a copy of unencrypted password somewhere. Please read this paragraph 10 times, you seem so stupid for a provider.

No, you are simply ignorant - The password sent there was read out of the VARIABLE SET BY WHMCS AT THE ACCOUNT CREATION API for the new password. It was NOT saved cleartext. (Yes, the OLD system used/s cleartext passwords, we never denied this anyway)
    And again: CHANGE the password ONE TIME at the WHMCS and you have a new, hashed + salted, nowhere stored, never read password that no one knows.
    I have no idea where your problem is, would you have preffered to stay in the old system with cleartext passwords? Tell me your customer ID and i gladly migrate you back...

And now stop annoying me.

@hAwNerk said: It only shows how bloat-headed is the host

... so? We really don't mind if you do it, that's not bloated but just the truth.
    We don't want any customers that are not happy, so if they can get better service elsewhere why not do it? That is exactly what i would do, or anyone else here - Leave and use someone else that can provide everything you need.

@gsrdgrdghd said: Can someone clarify the thing about the WHMCS transition? The way i understand it is that @hAwNerk claims his password was send to him automatically in plaintext at the transistion (not during a signup or so).

He is entirely correct with this, and i never denied this - we sent the new passwords, automatically generated by whmcs at secure level 70 of 100, to the customers by mail and had them change it if they wanted to a new one in the client area.

Sure, not the best way, never denied that either, but as they are automatically generated - not user generated - i fail to see the high level problem with this.
    Anyone that wanted, or still wants, can change the password in the client area and no record of the new one is kept...

REPLY TO LAST ANSWER IN THIS THREAD AS IT IS CLOSED NOW:

@hAwNerk said: If you read it carefully "The password sent there was read out of the VARIABLE SET BY WHMCS AT THE ACCOUNT CREATION API for the new password." So it was set by me. I'm done with this password thing.

NO, it was not - these passwords are automatically generated by the WHMCS API. Look it up in their Wiki. (EDIT: looks like it is not documented there, maybe we either left it free and it autogenerated or we used a passwdgen, likely olspwd)

Thanked by 2Randy djvdorp
  • If only auto-generated passwords were send in plaintext during the migration process i don't understand @hAwNerk's problem.

• hAwNerkhAwNerk Banned
    edited September 2012

@William
    If you gave this exact explanation to your original reply to me, we will not have an argument.

As I said, edis is great, and I complained about the password issue and the layout to get an explanation and to suggest, not to annoy you or anything. I admit I was not polite in my replies. But still you are more annoying for a provider. No hard feelings man.

• hAwNerkhAwNerk Banned
    edited September 2012

@gsrdgrdghd said: If only auto-generated passwords were send in plaintext during the migration process i don't understand @hAwNerk's problem.

If you read it carefully "The password sent there was read out of the VARIABLE SET BY WHMCS AT THE ACCOUNT CREATION API for the new password." So it was set by me. I'm done with this password thing.

• Nice work, congrats!

Thanked by 1Zen
  • [- Thread Cleaned -]
    @hAwNerk, take a 7 day vacation.

There's a lot of freedom here, in fact we let you call each other all sorts of nice pet names. However racism is well beyond that scope of tolerance and shows a distinct lack of respect when you need to stoop to such low levels in a debate. This is not some private joke, this is a public forum upon which you are insulting someone based on their race. Grow up.

[- / Back on topic please, this is about Edis.at's website -]

• Back on topic: Any promos to celebrate? :)

• RandyRandy Member
    edited September 2012

@Jack said: And your site is much much better right...

yes. https://www.astoundinghost.com

• @Chief Thank you.

Thanked by 1Randy
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
  • The new website design looks nice but there is one thing missing that would make it look 500% better if added: a link to a FAQ/user guide for the vserver firewall (HINT)

• @hAwNerk said: I can also vouch for Edis for being a great provider. He just turned -dick- when I complained about the password on which I still have lots of doubts. How can they decrypt one-way password? Just how.

As I wrote before. There's only some people in LET which is always love to use that word.

• Well, I have have enough services to comment..
    Be glad they post/care here :(
    Its one of the best, imo

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • @DomainBop said: The new website design looks nice but there is one thing missing that would make it look 500% better if added: a link to a FAQ/user guide for the vserver firewall (HINT)

Hi DomainBop!
    You are absolutely right - the VRS web-firewall is a complete disaster, particularly if you have more than one vps in the account. We'll be working on this, and I'm sure we find a better solution when Atomia goes live closer to the end of the year.

Cheers,
    Gerhard

• Hi guys!
    thanks a lot for all your feedback. We highly appreciate all your feedback (including the password stuff, even if a little bit off-topic ;-)

We are about to implement the geo-ip language auto-selection. Whatever we just launched is the base of our new website and by far not ready - it's just the new design and our approach to structure our data better. On the long run, we will implement all our functions and admin-tools into the website and get rid of WHMCS. This would be the next step after Atomia has been launched. Currently, we are working on the implementation of the Atomia environment. Maybe we are even able to squeeze in a new location this fall. I heard something about Ukraine, Turkey or Arab Emirates, but these were just rumors ... ;-)

All the best from Austria,
    Gerhard @ EDIS

Thanked by 2emilv [Deleted User]
  • Russia, India, Turkey is on my radar.

• @bobby said: Back on topic: Any promos to celebrate? :)

Coupon

TRYMEOUT

will get you 10% off recurring for life.

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited September 2012

I'm gonna have to back up @William here, @hAwNerk (for when you're back). Nobody but WHMCS (and Matt Pugg) are responsible for the utter stupidity of the system: sending plain text passwords via e-mail, storing the passwords encrypted in the database (MD5, ROFL) and then storing the password plain text in the database in the e-mail log. How's that for security, lol.

I always sign up with one password for WHMCS and then change is after, so it's not in some sendlog. Unless you're signing up with BuyVM, who were sane enough to remove the plain text password from the welcome e-mail.

No, I'll be waiting for Blesta 3 (and use 2.5 meanwhile): that's gonna have some security! http://www.blesta.com/2012/08/17/blesta-3-0-more-on-security-video/

• @William, just curious, what did you guys use for the top navbar? Which jquery plugin is it? It looks quite cool.

• @ExPl0ReR said: I heard something about Ukraine, Turkey or Arab Emirates, but these were just rumors ... ;-)

jajaja i'm working on it :)

@Dionysus said: PLEASE LET THOSE RUMOURS COME TRUE!

UAE are expensive, even with a cheap deal...

@mpkossen said: I always sign up with one password for WHMCS and then change is after, so it's not in some sendlog. Unless you're signing up with BuyVM, who were sane enough to remove the plain text password from the welcome e-mail.

I removed it now as well from ours, need to find a select to delete all old welcome emails still tho.

@concerto49 said: @William, just curious, what did you guys use for the top navbar? Which jquery plugin is it? It looks quite cool.

Eh... i have no idea, i don't even know HTML well enough to write any better looking website