Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pre-Launch Free VPS's - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Pre-Launch Free VPS's

Comments

• Your last update mail sounds like your support team answer in the near future.

"72hrs to think about a decision about what we do".

Unsuscribed to this newsletter based company.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited September 2012

@acarrascope please don't rewrite something no there into a different meaning.

72 hours because redstation has load of backlog requests pending as priority and we hope the upgrades will be completed tonight but no guarantees.

And therefore us to switch drives and resetup Ipv6 it will take time, hence "We hope to have this sorted out within the next 72 hours then process all users whom are accepted to the beta." is what it really says.

We are not in need of beta testers, just a friendly gesture whilst our web design is completed and if you read the OP the newsletter list will be deleted after we open.

• Is the stormvz.com down? Because I can't access it from my place (home and office)

• @ErawanAirfNugroho nope, http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/http://www.stormvz.com

If you are using the SSL https link, we recently removed our GeoTrust SSL as we are getting EV setup.

• acarrascopeacarrascope Banned
    edited September 2012

@StormVZ said: We are not in need of beta testers, just a friendly gesture whilst our web design is completed and if you read the OP the newsletter list will be deleted after we open.

This would be interpreted as "you cant unsuscribe our newsletter, we send to you as many mails we want" right?. Someone with a plan no act changing disk support 24hrs before/after beta launch, your only plan is send mails.

I dont want free stuff, i know beta as a fair stage so far, ok you can do what you want but your domain can be spammer very soon.

• @acarrascope We've sent 1 mail excluding the sign up confirmation / verification email so far and don't expect to send any until we send emails with people's VPS information so you can unsubscribe if you want. We haven't forced anyone to sign up, we'd just though it would be easier this way to email updates / ipv6 launch info and such for our beta testers to test.

• I said no to feedback and didnt receive a mail, but will do bench.sh test.
    Now what?

• @acarrascope said: This would be interpreted as "you cant unsuscribe our newsletter, we send to you as many mails we want" right?.

I don't think it can be interpreted that way since it would be illegal. One can always unsubscribe from a mailing list.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited September 2012

@djvdorp
    Edit: We have just sent an email to those who subscribed after our first BETA update! Mailchimp is quite clever :)

Email will give you some info on what's happening, when you can expect your VPS & a link to update your data submitted.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited September 2012

@gsrdgrdghd All subscribers can unsubscribe, every email sent has a link to unsubscribe.

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

I no receive email :P

• me no haz mail

Thanked by 1PacketVM
  • @dominicl @joodle feel free to send me a PM with your email so I can send you the email with the update link and info

PS. We are releasing KVM VPS's, no OpenVZ(Blergh) and no Xen(due to fact doesn't support RHEL6)

• Are there any restrictions on the use of the trial.

• using bhost.net ? or that just your website?

• Ok, this was a bad joke.

• @ben_madvps normal internet laws applicable in UK apply
    @tommy just our website - will be moving the site onto it's own dedicated / cloud soon.

@acarrascope I know, hilarious isn't it?

=> Cleaning up list, no longer accepting testers.
    => Will email those accepted in few minutes.

• @StormVZ said: I know, hilarious isn't it?

au contraire, shameful.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited September 2012

Common reason for denial:

• Submission IP Country doesn't match IP on form (You lied.)
    • Insufficient details on "What will you use the VPS for?"
    • "Bad" linux knowledge

Final email has just been sent and should arrive to your inbox shortly if you have been accepted.

Sent
    Sep 06, 2012 05:12 pm

• Please admin close this shameful ad, nobody got after the announcement. But all gets his newsletter and next coming for sure.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited September 2012

@acarrascope Because you didn't get accepted please stop moaning.

Just so you know 54 people were accepted and emails sent.
    http://i.imgur.com/e2LnV.png

• @StormVZ said: Just so you know 54 people were accepted and emails sent.

Well, good luck if this is true. But no one in LET confirm.

• i got an e mail and replied...

• @tridinebandim Great! We are currently in process of moving our main website & dns servers to the HostDime facility tomorrow, after we have successfully updated everything we will issue the beta VPS's.

Thanked by 1tridinebandim
  • Free VPS's Sent
    Sep 08, 2012 09:06 am BST

• edited September 2012

Your emails go to the spam folder (gMail), just an FYI.

EDIT: Running @Serverbear benchmark now...

• @MannDude The "From" email was default as "[email protected]", we have just changed that so shouldn't go in spam now.

Thanks

• @StormVZ said: @MannDude The "From" email was default as "[email protected]", we have just changed that so shouldn't go in spam now.

Thanks

No problem, I'll post the ServerBear results as soon as it's done running.

Any idea how long these servers will remain active?

• @MannDude As stated in the email they will auto-terminate after 7 days.