Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Custom billing/control panel - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Custom billing/control panel

Comments

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@Zen said: WHMCS+SolusVM

I won't thank you as you have loads of thanks :P So...thanks! :)

Don't worry, I'm not one of those people who rushes to get things done and then launches when things don't work properly or aren't tested etc. I think you'll be surprised once launch happens.

• Best of Luck to you.

Thanked by 1PacketVM

@liam said: @dominicl you say that but you have already attempted to start a host using your method once or twice?

Once - I started one over a year ago and it failed. I was reselling, not making a profit because I had my prices low and had to buy resources. I merged with another company in the end because I was offered a job there.

I am no longer working there and have more money, a real node and a shared reseller account. There is lots to come ;)

• RandyRandy Member
    edited August 2012

@dominicl said: Once - I started one over a year ago and it failed. I was reselling, not making a profit because I had my prices low and had to buy resources. I merged with another company in the end because I was offered a job there.

I am no longer working there and have more money, a real node and a shared reseller account. There is lots to come ;)

Reseller shoud work the other way, because you dont pay when your customers dont pay you , its that simple. you are doing it all wrong. getting your own node dosent mean that it will work out. from what i learn, "Planning is the key to win" i have to repeat this again. start as a reseller / or reseller account first

• RandyRandy Member
    edited August 2012

SwitchVM should be

SwitchoffVM :)

Sell SwitchVM to me and buy SwitchoffVM

• JacobJacob Member
    edited August 2012

bgrmnh8it7uy77890p990866555654j76uy78

Permanent Head Injury

@Randy said: SwitchVM should be

SwitchoffVM :)

Sell SwitchVM to me and buy SwitchoffVM

edited August 2012

@liam said: @dominicl You bought a server in Milton keynes not to long ago and wanted to start a host but a few days later you were trying to sell it..

I'm just trying to understand what you're up to ;-)

Yeah, I know. That server didn't really go to plan, but I've got one now. Ignore the past. I have 1 node now to start with.

@Randy: You come up with some stupid stuff..seriously.

@Zen said: Specs of the node? Better not be using the drive configuration you mentioned in that earlier thread :X

X3440 (2nd node will be E3-1230)
    2xHDD's in SW RAID 1

I've been advised by a few people to use that instead :) The next E3 node will be better than that though. It's a starting point.

• Just being curios (No I don't plan to sell anything; got a job and no time for this.);
    Lets say I rent a rootserver with i7-920 - or a XeonE3 if it's a big difference(?), - 24GB ram - how many 128MB openVZ vps could I run on it?

@bamnael said: Just being curios (No I don't plan to sell anything; got a job and no time for this.);

Lets say I rent a rootserver with i7-920 - or a XeonE3 if it's a big difference(?), - 24GB ram - how many 128MB openVZ vps could I run on it?

Create a new thread.

@Zen said: Eww.

Just because you <3 4xHDD's - RAID10, doesn't mean you have to have them. Not every provider would

Thanks for the comment. I will take this into account and consider upgrading

• I run RAID 1 nodes and have a pretty decent and healthy I/O.

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync; rm test
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 11.0463 s, 97.2 MB/s

vzlist -a | wc
    40 200 2488

@Zen said: I/O will be sub standard from the start

• @dominicl said: Create a new thread.

SwitchVM - Stock??

:)

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

You can build RAID10 server for under 200$ now. Software raid10 will be better than the software raid1. Currently, I am using software raid10 on some of my nodes and have great improvement over raid1. Upgraded my seattle nodes the past weekend.

• Sorry. was just suggesting switchoffvps is a great name

• Have you looked at LN? dom?

What would you say is exceptable IO? I've done a few tests, and want to know.

@Jack said: 30MB/s Some providers think are good however depends.

I keep all my node at atleast 90MB/s+

Well, I've done a test and it's 115-120MB/s. Obviously that will decrease. People seem to think I need 4xHDD's in RAID10 ... @Zen

Thanks

• @dominicl 4xHDD's in RAID10 is a good idea :)

@vpsnodebox - Well, I will get to that stage eventually, but not on the first node!

• @dominicl What are the specs for your first node?

• @Jack said: When I took over DotVPS all the nodes were in a horrible config...

US Location was on a 1TB single disk with no RAID
    NL Location Nodes had 2 x 500GB disks one to /backup and other to /vz

So I guess starting up with a RAID1 config isn't too bad.

woh, i did not know Josh was so cheapstake :o

On a fully filled up node I get between 110 and 130 MB/s on RAID10 configuration. While around 40-50MB/s in RAID1 configuration. Once you fill up the server it will get down to some level like that, which actually is still acceptable, as 50MB/s is more than enough for absolutely everything, except some really intensive database, which should not be used on a VPS anyway.

• And your all basing how your disk array performs with DD tests, nice. :P

Thanked by 1Inglar

@GetKVM_Ash said: And your all basing how your disk array performs with DD tests, nice. :P

DD tests are the most common and can be seen in pretty much every thread, not really accurete tests. I wanted to actually point out the huge difference between the RAID1 and RAID10, not the actual numbers. Same thing goes for IOPS. Judging by this whole thread, I asume that this are the only HDD tests that the OP would know as well. Honestly I am not into benchmarking myself and not familar with a lot of tests for hard drive read/write tests as well.

• @jack how did you get away with a single 1TB disk when you were offering 100gb on a leb offer?

• @Jack the configuration was set my Josh previously? with no RAID?

Also, what's wrong with a ThemeForest template?