Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1GB/2GB VPS for $4/month :O - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1GB/2GB VPS for $4/month :O

Comments

• LAKidLAKid Member
    edited August 2012

@bubie I have other vps, so not a big deal, I just wanted to see how it functions, but it went down every night.

• bubiebubie Member
    edited August 2012

Ah bad.
    I will see.
    But first I must be approved. It is still pending since 2 hours.

• budingyunbudingyun Member
    edited August 2012

Weird, it's not provisioned automatically?

• No, I chatted with a support worker. He said it can happen that the automatic checked can fial and then they check it by hand. This can take 24-48 hrs.

• gianggiang Veteran
    edited August 2012

@bubie said: they mentioned the downtime on the website

https://www.budgetvm.com/account/announcements.php?id=1

The downtime they mentioned is in Chicago, my VPS is in LA :D

• bubiebubie Member
    edited August 2012

16 hrs, still pending. Can't wait, I'm impatient.

• telephonetelephone Member
    edited August 2012

@bubie said: 16 hrs, still pending. Can't wait, I'm impatient.

Buy another one and see if it's provisioned first ;)

• gianggiang Veteran

@bubie said: 16 hrs, still pending. Can't wait, I'm impatient.

Did you pay the invoice? :D Mine was instantly after I made a payment :\ Or maybe they are out of stock? :D

• You should fire some ticket. With huge number of client, they'll likely to miss your order.

• I just wanted to drop a note in here about the delays people are noticing in support replies.

We have been experiencing an insane volume of orders / support requests and we have been working to get caught up / stay ahead, however anything related to a system being down should be getting handled within 15 - 30 minutes as we are alerted within 90 seconds of a production node outage / packet loss / system performance degradation. If anyone has had the opposite experience I would be happy to talk to them about it and correct any issues they have had with us.

That being said we are an unmanaged provider, alot of people are getting upset about us not configuring software or checking into ( VM Level issues not Node Level ) such as "My Website doesn't load." Our guys/gals will ping you system and if they can ping the IP & Open an SSH Connection / RDP Connection they will simply let you know that the server is online and we do not offer support for 3rd party software. 

We guarantee you the ability to connect via SSH or SSH Out of Box Console to your system so that in the event of it going down or there being a mis-configuration you can correct it. When folks on our xen platform install their their own kernels ( Using sda vs xvda in Grub Config ) or enable selinux and the system kernel panic's our staff will disable SELinux / Edit Grub Config and boot the server up.

I always welcome feedback both positive & negative as our upper management team frequently discusses how things are handled & possible improvement when it is brought to our attention. We do get alerts to keywords on WHT however we try to refrain from commenting asto keep all of our interactions with customers limited to our Helpdesk.

Best Regards,
    Nick

Source: WHT

• are they good?

• @jcaleb said: are they good?

Not sure, i'm just 10 days with them. So far still good. They offer 30 days money guaranteed if you not satisfied.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • @giang said: Did you pay the invoice?

Yes I payed instantly with paypal.

• Anyone willing to run a serverbear benchmark 2 weeks in?

• SoylentSoylent Member
    edited August 2012

Sure. I'll run one now. I'll edit when it's done, which takes forever. :P

• @bubie said: Yes I payed instantly with paypal.

How the update?

@Soylent said: Sure. I'll run one now. I'll edit when it's done, which takes forever. :P

Waiting... Which plan?

• 1024OVZ Chicago, which I think was the original topic, but the thread quickly turned to examining all their plans when they announced that these are going to be their new prices and that it's not just a sale.

• @Soylent So you still with old price or lower specification?

• 4.99/mo.

• @budingyun said: How the update?

It just got activated at 7pm GMT+2. (22hrs after paying) (the payment receipt of course came instantly)

• Amusing snippets so far:

Benchmarking download from OVH, Paris, France (http://proof.ovh.net/files/100Mio.dat)
    Got 96.8KB/s

Benchmarking download from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL, USA (http://mirror.leaseweb.com/speedtest/100mb.bin)
    Got 174KB/s

These are isolated, and the rest of the speeds seem fine (10MB/s Cachefly, 13.1 Linode Dallas, 15 Softlayer DC, with slower speeds for places like Perth, but still 3.82). Makes me wonder if they're storming the Bastille over there or something.

• wget http://proof.ovh.net/files/100Mio.dat
    --2012-09-01 02:02:09--  http://proof.ovh.net/files/100Mio.dat
    Resolving proof.ovh.net... 2001:41d0:2:876a::1, 188.165.12.106
    Connecting to proof.ovh.net|2001:41d0:2:876a::1|:80... failed: No route to host.
    Connecting to proof.ovh.net|188.165.12.106|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 104857600 (100M) [application/octet-stream]
    Saving to: `100Mio.dat'

0% [                                       ] 1,040,764   20.1K/s  eta 82m 18s
    wget http://mirror.leaseweb.com/speedtest/100mb.bin
    --2012-09-01 02:03:52--  http://mirror.leaseweb.com/speedtest/100mb.bin
    Resolving mirror.leaseweb.com... 2001:1af8:4030:1:0:dead:beef:cafe, 94.75.223.121
    Connecting to mirror.leaseweb.com|2001:1af8:4030:1:0:dead:beef:cafe|:80... failed: No route to host.
    Connecting to mirror.leaseweb.com|94.75.223.121|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 100000000 (95M) [application/octet-stream]
    Saving to: `100mb.bin'

1% [                                       ] 1,053,908   28.6K/s  eta 67m 31s 

From LA. (-_-)

• @bubie said: It just got activated at 7pm GMT+2. (22hrs after paying) (the payment receipt of course came instantly)

So how about it?

• Can't access the VPS with SSH.
    Control panel is no problem.

• Why you create new thread? :o

• Because it is my personal problem?
    I thought this is more a general/offer thread.

• @bubie said: Because it is my personal problem?

I thought this is more a general/offer thread.

Xen or openvz, which location btw?

• OpenVZ in Chicago

• Done. The executive summary is:

UnixBench score: 1000.3
    I/O rate: 345.0 MB/second
    Bandwidth rate: 10.4 MB/second

• @Inglar said: But Edis is still 'providing the best' © ? Or no? -_-

We overcommit/'oversell' BW and Disk (at VRS), RAM is so cheap that it does not make much sense to oversell it - it is all a matter how you do it.

@gsrdgrdghd said: Their network is rather unstable (at least at the .at location)

Yea.... DDoS, trust me we are more annoyed by it than you could ever be

Thanked by 1djvdorp