Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

Free tshirt and headphones!

Free tshirt and headphones!

LiamLiam Retired Staff
edited August 2012 in General

I saw this on techcrunch. Very easy to deploy, quite useful too. I've been told a t-shirt and some headphones are in the post! Not sure how many headphones are left, but a free tshirt with free shipping - how can you say no?

Retired LowEndBox & LowEndTalk staff.

Comments

• DanielMDanielM Disabled

Probably US Only :(

• LiamLiam Retired Staff

@DanielM said: Probably US Only :(

nope! They're shipping them anywhere. I comfirmed it with them, and their order form includes uk ;-)

• @DanielM As all good things are.

Ok I admit that one was trolling. Nice find @liam

jarland.me | Read about my new hosting experiment.

• And they're Skullcandy earbuds, so they're worth exactly what you're paying for them.

• Oddly I went with skull candy headphones when I was searching last time. Not earbuds, but actual headphones. When I realized I was torn between those for $30 and Sennheiser's for $150...not bad.

• I suppose they're fine if you're listening to badly compressed MP3s or youtube streams at terrible quality, but they make terrible headphones. Granted, musicians/pro audio types probably aren't their target audience.

• I signed up, but can't find where i need to enter my adres to get it lol

• NightNight Member
    edited August 2012

I just did this.. I wonder if they have anymore earphones left. Probably not.

@joodle They email you a form.

• I was actually comparing to Sennheiser for video editing, fair to say quality matters to me there. I found the result to be more balanced than the "beats" junk everyone thinks is so great, a bit below the Sennheiser, but far above anything else under $100.

It was these: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Skullcandy+-+Uprock+Over-the-Ear+Headphones+-+Black/2132048.p?id=1218311132550&skuId=2132048

Doesn't look impressive on paper, no idea how they sound so good. Maybe my ears aren't normal ;)

• OT: Monoprice's headphones are quite nice. Those nerds at Head-Fi seem to also be enamored with a few different models.

Also, Beats are awful.

"We are in a prison drama. This is like The Shawshank Redemption, only with more tunneling through shit and no fucking redemption."
    Thanked by 1jarland
  • SoylentSoylent Member
    edited August 2012

Yeah, anyone who thinks Beats headphones sound good needs their ears checked. They're all marketing just to get idiot kids to spend their parents' money on cheaply made noise cancelling headphones. All anyone should need to know about them is that they're made by Monster-- the same company who make 50 dollar surge protectors and 100 dollar HDMI cables. Their entire business model is using slick marketing to jack up profit margins on people who don't know anything about what they're buying.

Those actually look like a decent set of cheap headphones. For home listening I use Fostex studio headphones, because they're eq'd very flat, which is perfect for recording since I hear what's actually going into the mixer and not what Dr. Dre thinks I should be hearing. They're not portable though, so for that I'm all about Sennheiser OMX-680s. That series are the best headphones ever made for people who exercise.

• Aw damnit.

I got New Relic a while back, and yes, I did get sent the T-Shirt from the US to the UK for free.

Might sign up again... free headphones sound nice.

• @Soylent You are so right about Beats. I just sit and laugh at all the idiots wearing them. Nothing but a fashion statement.

• RandyRandy Disabled

Should you have any questons, please contact me;-)

• LiamLiam Retired Staff
    edited August 2012

I got given a pair of these for free, very bad. I sold them on ebay.

• @liam said: very bad

I believe it. I mean I'll be fair, they're no where near the worst things I've ever listened to. But clearly these things were designed for listening to Dre and I'm just not 14 anymore. I'd be a fan if they were $10, probably make Netflix sound less like crap.

• Probably all gone, But I do need some new earphones. :(

• I got my package from them today, and it turns out I had a nice pair of Skullcandy Fix Earphones inside. Nice!

• I also got my t-shirt yesterday. Got this when I sign up new relic service

I'm a data nerd! hehe

• Is that sent via normal post?

Selling multiple 2000-user GApps :) Shoot me a message to make an offer.

• LiamLiam Retired Staff
    edited September 2012

I haven't got mine yet cries. If anyone's interested you can get a free cloudflare one too!

http://www.cloudflare.com/shirts

• klikliklikli Member
    edited September 2012

@liam said: If anyone's interested you can get a free cloudflare one too!

Sorry, but this form is no longer accepting submissions.

Thanked by 1Randy
  • LiamLiam Retired Staff

They were a few days ago, I believe they said they were running low on stock. So probably will re-enable once its available.

• LiamLiam Retired Staff

My data nerd tshirt arrived, along with a nice set of skull candy headphones. I needed to find a friend a birthday gift, thanks new relic :-)

• Best marketing strategy .. nobody can say no to Free Data Nerd T-shirts .. more t-shirts .. more subscriptions .. more discussion on the internet .. New Relic Rocks :)

Thanked by 1klikli
  • Got my t-shirt/earphones/stickers yesterday. Cost them ~$40 to ship to the UK. I wonder what the ROI is for something like this, in comparison with, say, adwords?

I must admit I have no interest in using their service, but if someone was looking for a similar product I'd certainly point them in the NR direction...

Thanked by 1Liam
  • LiamLiam Retired Staff
    edited September 2012

@Gary said: Got my t-shirt/earphones/stickers yesterday. Cost them ~$40 to ship to the UK. I wonder what the ROI is for something like this, in comparison with, say, adwords?

I must admit I have no interest in using their service, but if someone was looking for a similar product I'd certainly point them in the NR direction...

Yeah, $40.41 was mine. The shirt was probably $15-30 and the buds retail at $40. So $100 of freebies is not bad.

• Got mine today. Guess what? The delivery costs $33.01 but they're in my hands after 11 days! USPS <_<

• LiamLiam Retired Staff

@klikli said: Got mine today. Guess what? The delivery costs $33.01 but they're in my hands after 11 days! USPS <_<

You had to pay?

• I have not even got anything yet...

http://BornIn.Asia - FREE shared hosting and subdomain service for LET members! See here for how to get one yourself!
    Have a domain that you have no use for at the moment? Click here to see how you can help! 96Forum: Low End VPS Discussions
  • TazTaz Disabled
    edited September 2012

@liam said: $15-30 and the buds retail at $40.

Not sure about the shirt, but buds(skull candy) wholesale price is around 4.79$ here in nyc, I bet you can get cheaper if you can make a deal with the main distributor. T-Shirt can be around 5-7$ or less.

So they are most likely spending 25$/person(shipping included). Still a lot cheaper then adwords and they will have better conversion then adwords and etc. Smart move!

Time is good and also bad. Life is short and that is sad. Dont worry be happy thats my style. No matter what happens i won't lose my smile!

• klikliklikli Member
    edited September 2012

@liam said: You had to pay?

No, that was the amount they had paid. BTW, that was delivered to my door by FedEx.

• After I saw @Night post I signed up, my stuff came today with $40.41 in postage and fees paid by them! Thanks @liam for posting.

I know, I'm Dale Maily.