Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

QuickPacket Atlanta - Dual Xeon L5420 - $49 per month - FREE /24 IP ADDRESSES
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

QuickPacket Atlanta - Dual Xeon L5420 - $49 per month - FREE /24 IP ADDRESSES

qpsqps Member, Host Rep
edited December 2014 in Offers

Hi everyone,

Continuing on the success of our LowEndBox offer, QuickPacket is pleased to offer our Dual Xeon L5420 out of 470 E Paces Ferry Rd NE in Atlanta, GA - now including free IP addresses up to a /24 on any of our Atlanta dedicated servers. Justification is required. Please contact our sales department with any questions prior to ordering.

Dell CS24-SC - Intel Dual Xeon L5420

• Dual Quad Core 2.5 GHz / 2x 12 MB Cache
  • 16 GB RAM
  • 1 TB Serial ATA Hard Drive
  • 5 IP Addresses on Private VLAN with Reverse DNS
  • Dedicated KVM over IP / IPMI (uses 1 IP address)
  • 20 TB Bandwidth / 1 Gbps Port
  • Unmanaged
  • Located in 470 E Paces Ferry Rd NE / Atlanta, GA

$49 per month - Click here to Order Now! (Coupon Code LEBXEON)

• QuickPacket was founded in 2003 and is a registered LLC in North Carolina.
  • Network providers include Hibernia, Cogent, GTT, Zayo, and peering (AS46261).
  • Ping/traceroute to 199.101.96.2. Please contact us for a test file link.
  • Warez-related, Bulk Mail, and Spam-related activities are strictly forbidden. Please review our Terms of Service prior to ordering.
  • We accept PayPal, VISA, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, and Bitcoin (through BitPay) payments.
  • Promotional pricing is available for new customers or existing customers adding additional servers.

Thanks for your interest!

Thanked by 1VPNsh

Comments

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Jack said: Sweet, is SEO valid justification for a /24?

No, SEO is not considered appropriate justification. Thanks for the question.

• qps said: No, SEO is not considered appropriate justification

Thank you!

• "I will create VPSs on this server"

^ valid justification?

Thanked by 1TheKiller

kerouac said: "I will create VPSs on this server"

^ valid justification?

Will require a bit more info than that. ARIN has documentation requirements.

Here is the form that we will request:
    http://www.quickpacket.com/ipj/IP Justification Form.doc

You can contact our sales team with any questions about how to fill out the form.

• How much for an extra 1tb drive?

linuxthefish said: How much for an extra 1tb drive?

Prices for extra drives are on the order form. Current pricing for an additional 1TB drive is $10 per month at the time of order.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish

Had a few questions - the free IP promotion applies to any of the server configs in Atlanta, so if you are looking for a faster CPU or more RAM, there are other options available (but are beyond the LET price limit, so they aren't posted here).

• Doubt anyone is interested, but here is ping & traceroute from Istanbul:

• Am I reading this correctly or do you get 253 IP's free with this server? O.o

linuxthefish said: Am I reading this correctly or do you get 253 IP's free with this server? O.o

Yes, you can get up to a /24 with the server for no additional charge, but justification is required.

• @qps: is IPv6 available?

qrwteyrutiyoup said: @qps: is IPv6 available?

Should be shortly in Atlanta. Our Atlanta network is IPv6 capable, we're just updating some internal stuff to allow for it.

• qps said: Yes, you can get up to a /24 with the server for no additional charge, but justification is required.

Can you give me an idea what justification can it be?

I can not imagine any valid reason for getting such a big number of IP's. Except virtualization.

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

@Profforg said:
    I can not imagine any valid reason for getting such a big number of IP's. Except virtualization.

This is probably more likely to appeal to businesses rather than individuals, however they mention that you can get up to a /24, so maybe you could get a /27 or /28 to use for smaller personal projects instead?

@qps I'm assuming that smaller allocations are perfectly reasonable for those who don't need an entire /24?

Thanked by 1Lee
  • LeeLee Veteran

liamwithers said: up to a /24

This, is like people can't see anything less than a /24, I am sure a /28 or /29 would be a much more reasonable starting point and easy to justify then add from there as needed.

Unless you intend to use it as a node that you will sell VPS from then that is your justification, but unlikely enough to justify a /24 right from the get go.

Profforg said: Can you give me an idea what justification can it be?

Hosting VPS, VPN, web sites, etc. are all valid justification. You don't have to start with a /24; you can start with a /29 and request more later. I do not recommend requesting more than you have a reasonable need for, otherwise your request may be denied.

liamwithers said: I'm assuming that smaller allocations are perfectly reasonable for those who don't need an entire /24?

Yes, you should only request the number of IP addresses you can justify now.

Thanked by 1VPNsh
  • Wii you accept VPN usage? Some client may disobey the rules and making DMCA.

edited December 2014

catding said: Wii you accept VPN usage? Some client may disobey the rules and making DMCA.

We do allow VPN clients as justification, but we don't allow abuse. We have a number of customers who host VPN clients who never (or very rarely) have abuse complaints.

This promotion has been removed from our order form, but is still available manually by opening up a sales ticket. It can't be combined with any of our other promotions. Thanks for your interest.