Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

StorageVPS.net - $1 bid.

StorageVPS.net - $1 bid.

LiamLiam Retired Staff
edited July 2012 in Domains

I'm taking a domain hiatus for a while and thought I'd post the last domain I'm not using which may be of interest to someone.

Domain: Storagevps.net End date: 21:00 BST 29th July (16:00 EST - 22:00 CST) Start: $1 Min Increment: $1 Register: Namecheap.com

If anyone has any questions, let me know.

Retired LowEndBox & LowEndTalk staff.

Comments

• jcalebjcaleb Moderator
    edited July 2012
  • DamianDamian Member
    edited July 2012

$10 (edited this, was supposed to have been $10 but pressed 2 instead of 1)

I am no longer affiliated with IPXcore.
    Thanked by 2Liam jcaleb
  • jcalebjcaleb Moderator

I like @Damian to win this... and expect the new service =)

Thanked by 1Liam
  • LiamLiam Retired Staff
    edited July 2012

@Damian said: $10 (edited this, was supposed to have been $10 but pressed 2 instead of 1)

Thanks for your bid Damian!

• $11.

Take that @Damian!

Catalyst Host - Pie Approved!
    Thanked by 2Liam jcaleb
  • TazTaz Disabled

Time is good and also bad. Life is short and that is sad. Dont worry be happy thats my style. No matter what happens i won't lose my smile!

Thanked by 1Liam
  • miTgiBmiTgiB Member

$25

Hostigation High Resource Hosting - SolusVM OpenVZ/KVM VPS
    Thanked by 1Liam
  • TazTaz Disabled

Time is good and also bad. Life is short and that is sad. Dont worry be happy thats my style. No matter what happens i won't lose my smile!

Thanked by 1Liam
  • DamianDamian Member

$35

I already reg'd storagevps.us just now, just in case :D

Thanked by 1Liam
  • miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@Damian said: storagevps.us just now

Little disappointing someone else has the .com :(

Thanked by 1Liam
  • RandyRandy Disabled

50$

Thanked by 1Liam
  • LiamLiam Retired Staff

@randy thanks for the bid.

Around 10 hours 37 minutes left till the end. I may not be back till later on - so excuse my absence.

• RandyRandy Disabled
    edited July 2012

anyone higher then my bid?

36$ NOW :)

• @Randy: to my understanding you can't go backwards on a bid :P

• RandyRandy Disabled

:P :( thats not fun spending that much when no one is fighting for the bid :D

• RandyRandy Disabled

its a good domain but its not fun when no one is bidding, so i thnk i do have the right to drop the bid , as no one has a higher than me. i like to fight with domains bidding

• MikHoMikHo Member

Since randy removed his bid highest is from @Damian with $35?

• Well @Randy dropped it down to 36 @MikHo. I just find it kind of a bummer for the domain seller. He was expecting a minimum of 50 but now its down to 36 :P

• Yeah randy you bid $50 .... that means $50. You can not take back a bid during an auction.

Great budget VPS hosting @ http://basshost.com

• ElliotJElliotJ Member
    edited July 2012

@Randy said: its a good domain but its not fun when no one is bidding, so i thnk i do have the right to drop the bid , as no one has a higher than me. i like to fight with domains bidding

Not really, it's pretty unfair on everyone else.

Your bid could've put some people off as people presume that all bids are firm - As they should do. By reducing your bid at the last minute, you've basically stalled the auction to your advantage, and to the disadvantage of the seller and other bidders.

Thanked by 2NanoG6 gsrdgrdghd
  • DamianDamian Member

Throw the auction out! Ban the offender! Re-trial!

• Disclaimer: No this is not a witchhunt. Everyone leave your pitchforks and torches back home. This is not a witch hunt. everything's up to @liam and his decision on how he wants to proceed with this.

Again, leave your pitchforks, torches, and any other devices home.

• LiamLiam Retired Staff
    edited July 2012

I've never seen an auction where a bidder lowers his bid to make it more fun :-)

I'm sure a few folk are sat waiting to lodge their bids closer to the time (I've had a few pms with questions).

I'm sorry but you did bid $50, If you'd like to retract your bid and interest then fine, however I don't have the time to mess around :/

Anyway thanks...

Edit: A few minutes over 5 hours till the domain ends.

• RandyRandy Disabled

allright, i will drop my bid, just to make it fair for others . strike me the bidder's list, restart the bid then. i do apologize to each and everyone.

• LiamLiam Retired Staff

@randy After a moment of reflection, I'll let you keep the $36 bid. Its only money after all!

Hopefully we will have an enjoyable bidding war :-)

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

Obviously applying law is hard on the internet, as here, we have a server physicality in New York or Chicago, not sure which, the site owner in Australia, the domain owner in the UK and the bidder in question in SG based on the whois of their sig, so what applies is the question, but since auctions have been a norm for humanity for thousands of years, much law on how they are conducted is actually on the books. If we go with US based laws since the server is where the auction took place, you cannot retract a bid, your bid is a binding contract. Sure we are a fairly informal group, but real money is going to change hands, @liam is a man of his word, @Randy should be held to those same standards, and his $50 bid should stand.

Thanked by 2ElliotJ Infinity
  • DamianDamian Member

Or if we're allowing the bid to be retracted, then retract all bids from the individual and 'block' them from bidding on the auction, as they've proven that they're not taking the process seriously.

• MikHoMikHo Member
    edited July 2012

Perhaps we should enforce a "fee" for retracting bids? Not sure how to really handle it though.... Perhaps if not paid then your not allowed to bid on any auction until "fee" is paid?

• DamianDamian Member

@MikHo: Ehh I don't think a fee would be necessary. Maybe accepting retractions on a case-by-case basis, decided by forum moderators?

I mean, when the reason is....

@Randy said: its a good domain but its not fun when no one is bidding, so i thnk i do have the right to drop the bid , as no one has a higher than me. i like to fight with domains bidding

@Randy said: :P :( thats not fun spending that much when no one is fighting for the bid :D

...not really a valid reason other than trolling.

• bring out the ban hammer!

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited July 2012

Such a fee is not necessary since there is no such thing as "retracting bids".

But we should stop using @Liam's auction thread for this.

President Of Operations/CEO/CFO/CTO/COO of my account

• MikHoMikHo Member

@Damian thats why I was thinking of some kind of "reaction" (lack of better wording) when theres no valid reason for retracting the bid.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

My whole problem here is without @Randy's bid standing, the whole auction has been tainted. He shilled the biding higher, or least tried to. This had two ways to go then, other interested bidders would have needlessly increased their bid, or like myself, exited the bidding. Either way @liam is at a total disadvantage of receiving a fair bid now, and the ultimate one who suffers.

• @Randy said: allright, i will drop my bid, just to make it fair for others . strike me the bidder's list, restart the bid then. i do apologize to each and everyone.

To make it fair? Too late, you've done the damage.

Your only way to 'make it fair' would to keep the $50 bid.

• TazTaz Disabled

You should not retract Bids. I my self, left the scene as soon as randy went to $50. And now right before the auction ends, he lowers his bid, tries to defraud other buyers. $hit like this can only happen on Company house (Tender Offers).

• LiamLiam Retired Staff

I've had enough of this :-) Either stick with your $50 bid or exit the auction.

• LiamLiam Retired Staff

I've had enough of this :-) Either stick with your $50 bid or exit the auction.

• TazTaz Disabled

Double post! Liam is MAD!

• RophRoph Member

Since when is LowEndBox LowEndDomainAuctionScams :(

• LiamLiam Retired Staff

Okay folks, @damian is winning with a bid of $35. 1 hour 48 minutes left.

• RandyRandy Disabled

hi.. allright right now the bid is 35. to make things up i will pay the left overs to liam to make a total of 50$ how dose that sound he is not at any loss then.;-)

Thanked by 1ElliotJ
  • Should just start a new thread.

www.ReThinkVPS.com - Founded 2010

• LiamLiam Retired Staff

I guess damian has won, I'll contact you.

@randy Leave it, it's fine :-)