Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unofficial LET introduction thread! - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Unofficial LET introduction thread!

Comments

• Oh shit, late to the party.

Andre, from Australia.
    Graphic & web designer, LEBaholic, domain hoarder.

• Hello and welcome, Mark & Andre.

@Andre said: LEBaholic

I have to decide that, how many cups a day do you drink?

• @Ishaq
    13 LEBs / 365 = 0.03561644
    1 / 0.03561644 = 28.0769218

I guess I only drink one cup every 28.07 days then! (:

• Wait I don't even get my maths, what did I do that for?
    Too tired I guess, can someone calculate properly please?

• So thats the ultimate question to life, the universe and everything, how many cups does @Andre drink a day? I'm a bit disappointed ;-)

• actually the actual meaning of life is 3

father, son, holy ghost
    4/2 = 3

• Hi all, full name? with 18#chars on the name not that easy to spell, born in Nusantara Archipelago now staying in Qatar, no no the company that I work for did not pay me for keyboarding and mousing.

• My name is Zinn and i have one leg

• Dave, from Michigan.

IT Support/Applications Support/Tech Guru for a smaller technology company is my day job. I have a few LEBs, mostly for just personal use and testing.

• nfnnfn Veteran

Just to say Hi :)

• Hi & Welcome: melf, Zinn, Dave, and nfn!

• Hello! I'm drazzie, and I'm from Finland. I'm currently studying in Helsinki City College of Technology. I'm also a webdesigner.

• Never saw this thread but still introduce myself.

I'm Taronyu, Probably if you see this name somehwere it is me. Because it isn't a common name. I'm 17 right now, I life in the Netherlands (so English isn't my native language, please be nice because my english isn't that great) and my daily jobs are school, welding, and mostly Minecraft hosting. :)

• @taronyu said: I'm Taronyu

Hello!

@taronyu said: welding

What kind of welding do you do?

• @Damian said: What kind of welding do you do?

Mostly Tig and Mig/Mag. Depends on the job, 80% of our materials are stainless steel so mostly we use Tig.

• Welcome, drazzie and taronyu!

• Hi everyone! I found the proper place for introductions. ;) My name is Fred and I live in Atlanta, GA. I've been a geek for a long time. I have all sorts of unix and network experience. I've always wanted to be a provider, and have worked at an ISP, ASP and have done consulting for other ISPs.

I'm a big fan of virtualization and have followed kvm since it's real early versions. I've also always had a vps or two hanging around for little things. I'm a fan of communities online, from BBSs to IRC and all the new social media crap they have now. So this looks perfect.

• Welcome again, Fred!

• Greetings,

Hello, my name is Adam. I am one of the co-owners of SociallyUncensored.eu We're an online community that believes everyone, including YOU, has the God given right to express themselves freely without the fear of censorship. And that no one has the right to deny YOU that voice.

Allow me to however tell you a little about myself......

I'm very open minded, politically incorrect, and socially uncensored. Which means I'm up for talking about anything and everything. I don't believe in double standards, but rather equal rights and standards for all.

I'm also a part-time Administrator, part-time Google employee, and part-time ICANN employee.

I guess you can say I'm a tech junky and complete geek. I can not only fix a computer, I can build one. And when I say that, I'm not just talking about slapping parts together, I've actually built my own motherboard in the past.

I remember visiting the first "web pages" (if you could call them that) before their were domain name addresses and even "sites" that required calling out a phone number (per site). A time when the "web" was only text and there was no colors. Despite the propaganda, Al Gore did not invent The World-Wide Web, now commonly known as The Internet.

When it comes to politics, I don't believe in any party system. I've equally agreed and disagreed with the best of them and believe "parties' are just a means to an end, which only further divides us and overall accomplishes nothing. If you wanted to try to label me in one, you'd have a had time doing so. I guess my closes political affiliation would be that of, Anonymous. Although I don't always agree with the masses on that one either.

I'm not exactly what you call a man of faith. I can could never tell you that I believe, but sometimes I don't want to tell you I don't believe, even though most likely that is true. I guess I'd like there to be something more to life, but the idea of an all powerful and all knowing being, just didn't sit well with me for many reasons.

I use to be the co-owner of Atlantis Services (years ago), which was a web hosting service provider (web host). So I often do sympathies with both providers and customers on a wide range of issues. Although I believe some providers today get away with murder in the way some of them treat their customers & it is a reminded of how much time has changed and not always for the better (we'd never get away with it back then).

My preferred forum software is between XenForo and phpBB. Although I've used everything else you could ever name (honestly).

And I guess finally, as I said before, everything is open for debate and discussion with me. And I surely do have a lot to say and I'm very much an open book .... If you can't tell by now that I don't mind talking about things, you've probably haven't noticed my long winded reply. LoL

So.... Hello everyone.

• Hello everybody,

My name is Marc and I'm from London, UK. I'm currently a full-time software developer and Linux system administration.

I'm here to get involved with the discussions which occur on these boards, as well as eventually get some feedback and opinions on my upcoming VPS brand.

I hope to see and get to know many of you happy people around here :)

• Welcome guys :)

• Haven't been in this thread in a while, but welcome everyone!

• Thanks guys :) (and gals?)

• Welcome Adam, and Marc!

• Thank you for the warm welcome and also welcome @Marc who seemingly joined after me. I hope you like it here as much as I believe I may.

• Hello Mycroft here , IE, glad to be a part of the gang

• Hello All, I'm Bob from Greater London, UK.

I've been working in IT for over twenty years doing programming, networking, computer engineering and general IT consultancy work and have been involved in the web hosting industry for 10 years or more.

Its interesting to see the diverse backgrounds of some of the hosts in this thread and the rest of LET, I've been enjoying having a good look round LET/LEB this week, and have come to the conclusion that we sure have some knowledgeable people here! Great stuff! I'm finding LET a really useful resource and I hope to be able to contribute back a little in the future! :)

• Welcome, Mycroft and Bob!

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Hi,
    I'm Nagib Mahfuz Plabon. I often visit lowendbox & WHT offer section to get a good low end box in budget price. I'm the owner of E-Host Lab and providing Web Hosting Service to my Local Country People. I live in Dhaka in Bangladesh (ASIAN Country).
    Thanks All.