Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unofficial LET introduction thread! - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Unofficial LET introduction thread!

Comments

• AsadAsad Member
    edited August 2012

Welcome @bubie! What part of Germany are you from?

• Baden-Württemberg, Karlsruhe

• Hello.
    Greetings from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia ;)

I usually lurk around for moar knowledge and snap good LEB offers. Now I'm blaming all of you for my VPS addiction, lol.

• @blusmurf said: blaming all of you for my VPS addiction, lol.

Go Genting!!!

• budingyunbudingyun Member
    edited August 2012

@blusmurf Stay up late huh? :p

• @peppr

Rarely go to Genting unless my friends force me to follow them, nothing much there unless you're gambling kaki maybe can pay Uncle Lim a visit.

@budingyun

Yea, nothing much to do, can't sleep either.

• @blusmurf said: nothing much to do, can't sleep either.

Time to find a gf then ;)

• Hi, all MY/SG friends and LET members

• Hi Everyone,
    I suppose my post is a few weeks late but better late than never. I'm Justin, currently living in Corvallis, Oregon (USA). I normally drop by here every few days to check the latest offers and see if anything interesting is happening.

• TazTaz Member

Welcome TO L.....E............T!

• Must check everyday for offer lol. :D

• tridinebandimtridinebandim Member
    edited August 2012

hi,

my name is mustafa, i am from Turkey. first a few months i kept an eye on leb, then i addicted to let. learning fun, unique things. thanks to all contributers.

• AshAsh Member

I guess it's only polite to stop lurking and say hello.

I'm Ash - imaginative username I know =]

• TazTaz Member

@Ash said: imaginative username I know

We have @GetKVM_Ash ;)

• Hi all,

My name is Vedran (duh!)

Some time ago I needed a cheap VPS so I entered "cheap vps" in google and it brought me to LEB. I found my cheap VPS real soon, and then I kept looking for more and more ... Right now I have about 10, and I still need only one or two. If you post a good offer I'll probably buy it anyway.

• I am Kevin from Columbus Ohio. I am new to working with low end systems, but have been administering linux based servers for a few years now.

• From Australia. Far away. The latency to any server is horrible. Started looking at Amazon EC2 and other cloud servers until I realized I am totally getting ripped off. Followed a few forums and arrived here.

• Craig here...Brit living in Budapest, Hungary. Joined LET to foster my upcoming LEB habit ;)

• BigScootsBigScoots Member
    edited August 2012

Hey there,

Scott from BigScoots based out of Chicago, IL, glad to be here :) We've been roaming around the internet for a while now, glad to be apart of another community.

• Edward here from New Zealand, getting a max. of 1MB/s to servers on the west coast with a horrible ping on my ADSL1 connection. Lives 10 meters away from the end of one of the ISP's 100mbit fibre network. :(

"Borrowing" my neighbor's wifi gets me over 4MB/s and 20ms less latency.

• lol @simplenode amazing introduction. Such is the life of an internet user!

• Hi all

@SimpleNode
    Not bad.
    The German average download speed according to Akamai 2011 is 4,7Mbit/s or 0,587MB/s (I have an upto16Mbit contract, in reality I have a D/L speed of 1,35MB/s or 11Mbit)
    So please don't complain. :)

• @bubie It's way worse at peak times.

At 5-9PM, I get around 300ms ping to our server in Dallas, but I get around 220ms at 2AM.

• "Hello everyone, I'm Marc!"
    • "Hello Marc!"
    • "I am here because like everyone else I am a compuholic."
    • "Please sit down, you're amongst friends..."
    • "I celebrate this hour 10 minutes of sobriety that I achieved while grabbing a byte to eat!"
    • "Congratulations Marc!"

So, this is pretty much who I am :))

• AsadAsad Member
    edited August 2012

@vpsnodebox Erm what? Hi Marc.. Whereabouts are you from? Also, cool maintenance page.

• @AsadHaider I was joking :) I like to joke, be in a good mood all the time and so on. It's harder to express on a forum, but I'm trying.
    I am from Winston-Salem, NC - USA
    Thanks for the compliment on the maintenance page. It just falls back to another server when we work on our main web server. Right now one of the guys is updating MariaDB :) It's better to do it at night (almost 2:00AM here).

• @AsadHaider said: cool maintenance page.

It's a cloud, of course it's cool

Thanked by 1Nexus
  • @vedran LoL
    You forgot about the rocket, 2 balloons and the floating island... and try to shrink the browser page, see what happens :)

Thanked by 1Nexus
  • The number of What do you think of our website? thread is too damn high.

Thanked by 1Nexus