Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Configure-it-yourself VPS plans - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Configure-it-yourself VPS plans

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I think many ppl (me included) are looking for custom plans. It sucks to see something that meets your criteria but is just too expensive because is too rich in something you dont need.
    I have seen requests here too for weird things and some providers offer them after calling sales, some dont and it is time lost to bounce emails back and forth. Your prices are very good also, so I think it would be popular, but probably you can take care of it within 24 hours.
    In that case, sure, another field wont make much of a difference.
    M

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@Damian any plan to support vswap soon?

• DamianDamian Member

@jcaleb said: any plan to support vswap soon?

We support vswap now.. only one of our systems is on burst. All new things are/will be vswap.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • Increment value of anything less than 32 MB is waste of time for a provider.
    If 128 MB = 1$ then 32 MB of minimum increment value makes sense.

• DamianDamian Member
    edited July 2012

https://ipxcore.com/order/cart.php?a=add&pid=24&carttpl=slider is a preview. Play with it as you like; orders will be ignored for now.

Comments/questions/concerns/input/GTFO?

• dmmcintyre3dmmcintyre3 Member
    edited July 2012

bandwidth is a little bit too expensive.

EDIT: oops, thought bw was in 1gb increments.

• TazTaz Member

@Damian somebody was bored.

• DamianDamian Member

@dmmcintyre3 said: bandwidth is a little bit too expensive.

It's priced for actual usage.

@NinjaHawk said: somebody was bored.

Huh?

• Don't like it..

1) It doesnt calculate how much ram you've allocated; so you can have 32MB increments, with 10x but... that's not user friendly, not saying that people will have a problem with maths; it's just inconveniant.

2) IP's are quite expensive considering the 50c/month offer, yet it;s $1.50/IP. That's a quater for that 32MB server, not saying that we should look at all your prices in comparison to that deal, just, if you're doing it configurable, you should make the IP's slightly cheaper, if you're paying less than 1$ per. (Just a thought).

3) This 'could' look better if it was made into a nice JQuery / JScript slider which then just added the product options up for you, then implemented into WHMCS through a 'creation' url made from custom options of the slider, beats the horrific WHMCS one anyday.

Great idea; needs polishing, will be great.

• TazTaz Member

@eastonch #2->Business is all about profit and you need to make money some how, if basic plan is your advertisement tool, addons would be the money maked.

• DamianDamian Member

@eastonch said: 1) It doesnt calculate how much ram you've allocated; so you can have 32MB increments, with 10x but... that's not user friendly, not saying that people will have a problem with maths; it's just inconveniant.

@eastonch said: 3) This 'could' look better if it was made into a nice JQuery / JScript slider which then just added the product options up for you, then implemented into WHMCS through a 'creation' url made from custom options of the slider, beats the horrific WHMCS one anyday.

These two points will be what stagnate the project, as #1 could be solved by #3. Unfortunately, I don't have mad skillz for J-anything, so I won't be able to take it any further than what you see.

@eastonch said: 2) IP's are quite expensive considering the 50c/month offer, yet it;s $1.50/IP. That's a quater for that 32MB server, not saying that we should look at all your prices in comparison to that deal, just, if you're doing it configurable, you should make the IP's slightly cheaper, if you're paying less than 1$ per. (Just a thought).

Indeed, this is a preview, we haven't figured out concrete pricing yet. Some of the more long-term users of LET have probably figured out that i'm not really willing to hand out IPs.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@Damian Seems the slider covers too great a variable, so trying to get the wanted value is a challenge, but when I look at the max value of each, it doesn't seem unreasonable, so maybe it needs a wider area to slide?

• DamianDamian Member

@miTgiB said: @Damian Seems the slider covers too great a variable, so trying to get the wanted value is a challenge, but when I look at the max value of each, it doesn't seem unreasonable, so maybe it needs a wider area to slide?

I'd actually really prefer the slider to move by a specific increment step. That way I don't have to put "(x32mb)" for ram, etc. JQuery supports sliders that have steps, but I'm not sure if I can figure out a way to pass the concept of steps through WHMCS.

• TazTaz Member

Instead of slider, why not use dropdown/radio ?

• DamianDamian Member

@NinjaHawk said: Instead of slider, why not use dropdown/radio ?

What puts me off from that is the fact that I have to sit and add each line manually. Then again, i'd only have to do it once. Thinking about moving that way anyway.

• where's my calculator.. :(

VPS Slider - Configure your own VPS (asdf)
     » Memory (x 32mb): 128 x Dedicated RAM (x 32mb) $0.25 USD
     » Monthly Transfer (x 10gb): 500 x Monthly Transfer (x 10 gigabytes) $0.09 USD
     » Disk Space (x 1gb): 512 x Hard disk capacity (in Gigabytes) $0.03 USD
     » Extra IP Addresses (each): 12 x IP addresses $1.50 USD

• jcalebjcaleb Member

For RAM, and transfer, it would be better if it calculate the total. Also put somewhere how much is each increment. E.g. how much per 32mb ram, per 1gb disk, etc.

• LAKidLAKid Member

@Damian Do whatever you want, if you have 100 captains in a single boat, it would go nowhere.

• @LAKid: but it'd be a damn awesome fishing trip (if it had beer of course).

• And @HalfEatenPie's...

• @eastonch: A boat, beer, pies, and a day of fishing.

Only thing better would be having a campfire and marshmallows

• u4iau4ia Member

Excellent work @Damian
    I really like this concept, and the pricing for everything, IMO, is very reasonable.
    The only negative thing I have to say about the sliders is that they are impossible to use with precision on a 7" screen :)

• DamianDamian Member

@u4ia said: The only negative thing I have to say about the sliders is that they are impossible to use with precision on a 7" screen :)

I've found that they're impossible to use with precision on a laptop with a trackpad too. Looks like it's drop-down boxes after all.

Thanks everyone!

• u4iau4ia Member

@Damian said: I've found that they're impossible to use with precision on a laptop with a trackpad too

Actually, I have no trouble at all with my laptop trackpad, just tried it.

• subigosubigo Member

@u4ia said: Actually, I have no trouble at all with my laptop trackpad, just tried it.

I think it depends on the resolution. My old netbook is too small to accurately choose options.

• @u4ia said: Actually, I have no trouble at all with my laptop trackpad, just tried it.

Same here, on my MacBook and 7 yr old thinkpad (with the pointing stick)

• BassHostBassHost Member
    edited July 2012

A step in the right direction! Like everyone else it would be nice if it showed the "total" ... some custom programming might be needed. Not sure if the solus module can do that.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited July 2012

I have seen some "configure it yourself" offers, typically those are completely uninteresting compared to "prebuilt" plans from other providers. Because as soon as you select all the specs to match some other provider's prebuilt plan, it turns out you'll have to pay 2x more than with the other provider.

So it's exactly as I said.

256MB RAM
    1000 GB Transfer
    25 GB Disk space
    $11.75 USD

...sorry, what?

Compare with e.g. http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/hostigation-4-256mb-openvz-vps/

$4

• yomeroyomero Member

@rm_ said: $4

Bandwidth... as always =/

• Really guys?

The cheapest bandwidth is $1/mbit ... if you want a bgp. $4/ month for 1tb bandwidth is a bad idea.