Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seriously? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Seriously?

Comments

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran
    Amanah will have the right to terminate this service with 30 days notice.   
    Free VPS (5969 Available) - 1GB Disk Space, 128MB Burstable RAM, 10Mbps uplink, Dedicated IP,100GB Bandwidth.

w00t?!

I have signed up, but marked as fraud :(

• Same Netomx :/

@eastonch said: Same Netomx :/

I think it was the phone number... or that I initiated using VPN.. I disabled VPN and used my ISP IP, I don't know if it was it.

• My number started 447 rather than 075 (Cut off the country code) -- I called him, no answer, sent a ticket instead.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • For a limited time Amanah is offering a 100 % Free for life VPS in exchange for some marketing.

[...]

"After 30 days, if you are happy with the service and would like to keep it, then you can add a text link "FREE VPS by Amanah" & back-link it to "Amanah.com".

• @djvdorp said: "After 30 days, if you are happy with the service and would like to keep it, then you can add a text link "FREE VPS by Amanah" & back-link it to "Amanah.com".

hahahahahahaha some crazy bullshit they failed to mension first time round..

• u4iau4ia Member

So am I understanding this right; they terminated ALL vps's (I just noticed mine was terminated), and are making everyone sign up again, only to give 30 days free unless you add a link back to them?

• NightNight Member

Well it says you can add a link.. So maybe that means it isn't required.

• @u4ia said: only to give 30 days free unless you add a link back to them?

No they kindly ask you to link back to them (which is reasonable)

• u4iau4ia Member

@gsrdgrdghd said: which is reasonable

Agreed, it is reasonable, however it just seems to me that with the message @96mb posted about "There was some issue with the current server..." it's kind of like they are duping people instead of being honest about what they are doing.
    Don't get me wrong, I fully appreciate a free service, and I agree with you a link back is very reasonable, but if they just would have asked, I would have no problem with it.

• yomeroyomero Member

@netomx said: I have signed up, but marked as fraud :(

The same hapenned to me the last time. Is crap u_u
    Then someone told me to submit a ticket but... crap.

edited July 2012

I sent a ticket too, no answer so far

@yomero said: Is crap u_u

Then someone told me to submit a ticket but... crap.

that's because you live in a country where a whore is the 1st lady...

oh, wait...

• 96mb96mb Member

@u4ia said: Agreed, it is reasonable, however it just seems to me that with the message @96mb posted about "There was some issue with the current server..." it's kind of like they are duping people instead of being honest about what they are doing.

Actually I think @Night posted that, just saying :)

Thanked by 1Night
  • 96mb96mb Member

But yes, I agree with everyone, if they were just send an email to everyone saying: "backlink or no VPS" I would have simply added the backlink and saved the trouble to reconfigure my VPS, update DNS, etc...

Not that it is a life or death matter, but more communication to resolve the misunderstanding would definitely be appreciated.

However, I have incorrectly accused them of terminating my account due to my review, which is NOT correct, I apologies for this false statement.

• yomeroyomero Member

@netomx said: that's because you live in a country where a whore is the 1st lady...

LOL!!!

• DamianDamian Member

@netomx said: that's because you live in a country where a whore is the 1st lady...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/02/who-is-angelica-rivera-first-lady_n_1644567.html

Learn something new EVERY DAY!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

This thread is now about whores.

Thanked by 1yomero
  • u4iau4ia Member

@96mb oops :)

@Damian said: Learn something new EVERY DAY!

=( I didn't vote for her, @yomero did

• yomeroyomero Member

@netomx said: =( I didn't vote for her, @yomero did

Yes, I put her name in the empty square :D

Thanked by 1netomx
  • 96mb96mb Member

@yomero said: @netomx said: that's because you live in a country where a whore is the 1st lady...

How much? :)

@96mb said: How much? :)

well, not now =P she was a soap actress, so maybe $400 usd

• vedranvedran Veteran

@djvdorp said: "After 30 days, if you are happy with the service and would like to keep it, then you can add a text link "FREE VPS by Amanah" & back-link it to "Amanah.com".

Add text link where? I don't get it ...

• 96mb96mb Member

@vedran said: Add text link where? I don't get it ...

I guess it means if you run a web server you will need to add the link on the web page...if you don't...I am not sure....

• @96mb then create a blank index.html and insert a link...

<html> <head> <title> Test Page </title> </head> <body> <a href="http://www.Amanah.com">Hosted by Amanah.com!</a> </body> </html>

Thanked by 1netomx
  • lawllawl Member
    edited July 2012

yeah, i've set up thttpd which basically just serves a link to amanah. my box is still up.

Thanked by 1vedran
  • vahevahe Member

No way of getting any data back eh?

• yomeroyomero Member

@vahe said: No way of getting any data back eh?

LOL!?
    Was free. If you hosted something important there... huh. Also, backups... where are your backups?