Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IPXCore - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IPXCore

Comments

• @Damian said: Packets per second, from Observium:

:o

• yomeroyomero Member

@Damian said: MIA...

Missing in action?

• DamianDamian Member

@yomero said: Missing in action?

Yes, they're offline.

• CoreyCorey Member

@Damian I can vouch for Quadranet we use them for our LA location, but corexchange is great too!

• yomeroyomero Member

@Damian said: Yes, they're offline.

Oh, just didn't understand the acronym :$ :$

• DamianDamian Member

PhoenixNAP is winning, except that we wouldn't be online til next Thursday....

• Did you resolve the IP issue? Are you using their bandwidth blend or another carrier?

• @Damian said: next Thursday

:/

• DamianDamian Member

@ShardHost said: Did you resolve the IP issue? Are you using their bandwidth blend or another carrier?

I think we'll be using their blend.

pfft, it's not really going to be next Thursday. They'll get tired of some fat guy calling them repeatedly. I hope.

• @Damian said: They'll get tired of some fat guy calling them repeatedly. I hope.

You or Adam? :o

Thanked by 1Amfy
  • DamianDamian Member

@TheHackBox said: You or Adam?

Me.. Adam is toothpick-like.

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

Fair enough..you'd usually call someone else fat, not yourself lol. Are you going with phoenixnap?

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@Damian said: Adam is toothpick-like.

So you win with threats to eat him?

Thanked by 1Amfy
  • DamianDamian Member

@dominicl said: Are you going with phoenixnap?

So far, yes. Adam strongly wants to keep our service at home in Phoenix. He received a call from Corelink while he was on tour at pnap; I haven't heard the outcome of that yet.

While IPs are more per month with pnap, we'll be able to offer a more competitive level of transfer per month. So the price of the 32mb plan will go up, but so will it's monthly transfer (and probably disk space).

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

Ah I see. If so, good choice. Can you wait till next Thursday with VPS and shared nodes offline is the question...

• @Damian said: So the price of the 32mb plan will go up

To what though.

• Interesting upselling opportunity

• CoreyCorey Member

@JoeMerit very interesting indeed.... but I hate to see this happen to yet another lowend provider. When you get into the business you often go for a smaller more personalized provider and then they end up treating you like this because they end up not being able to support you. Sorry @Damian

• DamianDamian Member

@TheHackBox said: To what though.

Not sure yet. Probably $1.10 per month or so, til we get our own IP block going. Then the price will go back down to where it was. We've always honored up/down grades to/from any package at any price, so it'll still apply here when the price goes back down. Monthly transfer will go up, but i don't have a number for that yet.

• @Damian said: Probably $1.10 per month

Actually, That's not bad considering you'll get more BW :)

• TaylorTaylor Member

@Damian said: $1.10

13.12 a year no longer sounds like a excellent offer compared to what is very much achievable at 15.00, but still decent never the less.

• JacobJacob Member

These moves must be expensive, You guys utilize a full 42U cab?

• DamianDamian Member

@Jacob said: You guys utilize a full 42U cab?

1/2 cab at the moment

• DamianDamian Member

Cancel PhoenixNAP, they can't provide us with the number of IPs we need.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@Damian said: Cancel PhoenixNAP, they can't provide us with the number of IPs we need.

How mcuh would that be? Also if you operate so much IPs, why dont you have own asigned subnet? :P

Also what other options do you have?

• EnneaEnnea Member

Whatever happens, Damian, I wish you guys the best of luck for finding a new DC. So far, I've been incredibly happy with your service and especially your support. I'd be sad to see you guys go, so keep it up! :)

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • @Damian I really appreciate the level of transparency you have with your customers or just LEB users in general :)

• DamianDamian Member

@LiquidHost said: How mcuh would that be?

They don't have them available.

@LiquidHost said: Also if you operate so much IPs, why dont you have own asigned subnet?

We're kinda stuck in the middle where we have to take it in the shorts to buy IPs from datacenters, yet, don't have enough IPs in use to warrant our own block yet.

• In all fairness to ATJEU, this was the third DDOS attack directed towards one of our customers in less than a month. I would have pulled the plug on us too. They are working with us to get our servers online until we can move data centers. I am just happy that the attack was caught by their staff at 2 am, and was stopped before it caused serious bandwidth overage fees.

Thanked by 1paulromanek
This discussion has been closed.