Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone has Google Domain invitation code?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone has Google Domain invitation code?

I intend to try Google Domain and its service, but unfortunately it requires invitation code. So could anyone please share the code? It is really appreciated.

Comments

• wychwych Member

I would also be interested if someone has some.

• DavidxDavidx Member

What's their pricing like?

• @David_P: I remember someone in another LET topics told that the cost is $12 for .com domain. Not sure currently since I cannot signup.

• jhjh Member

If anyone has an invite code, I will buy it. I really feel that NC is going down the pan.

• swi7chswi7ch Member

Is there anything Google isn't involved with online these days?

• I've been using it since IO for one domain. It has some interesting features if you plan on using Google Apps or App Engine, but aside from that, it's very much a beta product. I wouldn't advise anyone start using it for anything serious.

• I hear the only reason Google is going into the domain business is purely to improve their search algorithms. They will make no attempts to compete with the market.

• @Silvenga said:
    I hear the only reason Google is going into the domain business is purely to improve their search algorithms. They will make no attempts to compete with the market.

Curious how that works.

• PremiumN said: Curious how that works.

They can easily get all the information about domains themselves (in bulk). What domains exist, when they expire, etc. Imagine what Google can learn by integrating domain information into their Knowledge Graph.

• Thats one reason why i wont buy from google.

• upfreakupfreak Member
    edited July 2014

@Silvenga said:
    I hear the only reason Google is going into the domain business is purely to improve their search algorithms. They will make no attempts to compete with the market.

Google has been ICANN accredited registrar for quite sometime. For some reasons, they didnt offer domain registrations until now.

• I bring this up to see if someone can share the code. If it is not, I will wait until Google officially launch the service.

• NickkNickk Member

jhadley said: I really feel that NC is going down the pan.

How come?

• jhjh Member

Nick said: How come?

I've had two separate incidents where bugs in NC's panel lost my access to domains. On both occasions contacted them and had to wait several weeks.

• On the site there's an option to "request an invitation code" where you just put in your email

• @hostnoob said:
    On the site there's an option to "request an invitation code" where you just put in your email

Already inputted the email but not sure when Google will response. Anyway, it seems not many ppl received this so will wait :-)

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

I'm also trying to get one. But, no response.

• me too, i requested one few weeks ago..but till now nothing

• got invited! but problem is.. it's only available for US residents. You need to pay the $12/yr price using a US credit card.

• @aolee said:
    got invited! but problem is.. it's only available for US residents. You need to pay the $12/yr price using a US credit card.

The same to me, so I think it is better to wait for the public launch :-)