Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH and the IPv6 gateway.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH and the IPv6 gateway.

I'm having some real trouble determining the default IPv6 gateway for my IP. Can anyone help me out?

According to this: http://help.ovh.com/Ipv4Ipv6#link5
The IPv6 server: 2001:41d0:1:209::/64 to 2001:41d0:1:2 + 5x FF.
IPv6 Gateway: 2001:41d0:1:2FF:FF:FF:FF:FF

If my IPv6 address is: 2607:5300:60:5Ad0::/64
My default gateway is: 2607:5300:60:5FFF:FFFF:FFFF:FFFF:FFFF for solusvm? (long version needed). Can someone tell me what my default gateway would be in the short and long version just by looking at my IPv6? Thanks!

Comments

• You need to add a static route to the gateway because the gateway and ip are in different /64s. Or just raise the prefix length to /56...

• joereidjoereid Member
    edited July 2014

Deleted

• Ok looking at my config on mch your gateway should be 2607:5300:60:5aFF:FF:FF:FF:FF. Also change your prefix to /56.

• What do I need to change the prefix?

• Changing from /64 to /56 will put both addresses (the ip and the gateway) in the same network. This is how it's supposed to be, but ovh disagrees. If they are in different networks (when using/64) the server doesn't know how to get to the gateway. You can still do it that way (using /64) but you'll need to add a static route to tell the server how to get to the default gateway.

• Do I need to set it at /56 someone other than the solusvm control panel?