Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New SolusVM Update
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New SolusVM Update

duyan13duyan13 Member
edited July 2014 in General

http://docs.solusvm.com/release_versions_stable#section11502

• Added support for CentOS 7 Xen & KVM guests
  • Improved OpenVZ ploop support
  • Improved Xen PV IPv6 networking
  • Fixed several errors when migrating virtual servers from slave to slave
  • Obscured sensitive data in the master var logs
  • Added extra checking so clients can't enable/disable PPP and Tun/Tap for OpenVZ if disallowed under the host nodes settings
  • The admin API will now return the amount of free IPv6 (freeipv6), node group id (nodegroupid) and node group name (nodegroupname) in the node-statistics call

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Yet it still cant actually suspend a VPS with any reliably and leaves ghost VM's all over the place, ipv4 arp protection still disables all IPv6 access, Tun/Tap is still not using --netfilter for OpenVZ, internal networking is still half finished (4 years later), you cant be sure an IPv4 even gets assigned half the time with OpenVZ, the UBC settings are clearly best guesses and its likley that even after terminating or migrating a xen or kvm vps it will fail to remove the old LV.

Other than that: thumbs... erm... up?

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Yet it still cant actually suspend a VPS with any reliably and leaves ghost VM's all over the place, ipv4 arp protection still disables all IPv6 access, Tun/Tap is still not using --netfilter for OpenVZ, internal networking is still half finished (4 years later), you cant be sure an IPv4 even gets assigned half the time with OpenVZ, the UBC settings are clearly best guesses and its likley that even after terminating or migrating a xen or kvm vps it will fail to remove the old LV.

Other than that: thumbs... erm... up?

Does Virtualizator handle those points correctly?

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

serverian said: Does Virtualizator handle those points correctly?

Most of them

edited July 2014

@serverian said:

Yep. and in all fairness I opened 14 tickets over 3 days with Virtualizor regarding bugs and feature requests/ minor improvements and they had resolved/ implemented them all within a couple of days.

People have been reporting the above to solusvm for as long as 4 years....

Thanked by 1netomx

AnthonySmith said: Yep. and in all fairness I opened 14 tickets over 3 days with Virtualizor regarding bugs and feature requests/ minor improvements and they had resolved/ implemented them all within a couple of days.

What did I told you ?

Thanked by 1netomx
    edited July 2014

Client (WHMCS) area is a bit more attractive too :) essentially every feature integrated:

• @AnthonySmith I am going to guess that is Virtualizor?

Do they allow for console access on KVM nodes? Also if you used SolusVM, what advantages does SolusVM offer Virtualizor still does not?

@OnraHost said:
    AnthonySmith I am going to guess that is Virtualizor?

Do they allow for console access on KVM nodes? Also if you used SolusVM, what advantages does SolusVM offer Virtualizor still does not?

Yes, they are also switching to an HTML5 console in the next release so no more annoying java issues (reported to solusvm 1.5 years ago)

The only advantages of solusvm over virtualizor are that solusvm uses a master <> slave control method however Virtualizor implemented that within 48 hours of a detailed suggestion and solusvm has better documentation for now.

Honestly my honest feeling is I feel like an idiot for sticking with solusvm for so long now, vurtualizor has more features, better integration, a better user interface and costs less.

• wychwych Member

Im glad I never went with Solus after what you guys are saying recently.

At this moment, they are Best panel for VPS hosting. I am excluding clouds... for now...

• wychwych Member

@drserver said:
    At this moment, they are Best panel for VPS hosting. I am excluding clouds... for now...

ninjas based on it?

• @AnthonySmith Does V allow for IP blocks to be slit between slaves like SolusVM or does an IP block have to stick to one server (using Master <> Salve setup)

wych said: ninjas based on it?

Ninjas, Byteshack and Xenstorage

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu

OnraHost said: Does V allow for IP blocks to be slit between slaves like SolusVM or does an IP block have to stick to one server (using Master <> Salve setup)

I think that Anthony will not mind if i give you answer on this one,

You can assign ip block and use it whit all servers in the resource pool if they are in same vlan of course. You can define specific server groups, then attach IP pools to specific ranges.

• Why thank you kind sir. I take it you also have experience with Virtualizor and SolusVM? If so same question " what advantages does SolusVM offer Virtualizor still does not?" or I guess vice-versa since earlier you said SOlusVM was the best.

OnraHost said: what advantages does SolusVM offer Virtualizor still does not?

Lets say only this, if you kindly ask you can get whatever feature that you wish.

OnraHost said: I guess vice-versa since earlier you said SOlusVM was the best.

I have never stated something like that

• I'd like to see HTML5 console be implemented asap. Or we have to consider Virtualizor for KVM.

@pupavps said:
    I'd like to see HTML5 console be implemented asap. Or we have to consider Virtualizor for KVM.

Well they have been talking about an html5 version since around June 2013 so don't hold your breath.

As someone who stuck with SolusVM for 3+ years I can tell you without any doubt, aside from the fact the Virtualizor guys are not native English speakers and call you 'sir' a lot and the initial install has some quirks (which they may have resolved now) it has more functionality, better UI and costs less than solusvm.

It is also advancing a HELL of a lot faster than SolusVM now so the longer you delay the further behind you will be.

• smansman Member
    edited July 2014

For someone who thinks Solus suck and never misses an opportunity to try tell everyone about it (the very first post in this thread) and how much better you think the other guys are you sure seem to spend an awful lot of time in these threads opinionating about it and contributing nothing.

Do you make money from Virtualizor somehow or just like to give opinions nobody wants to hear anymore after the first hundred posts?

If your VPS's aren't being suspended and you have ghost containers all over the place maybe you need to fire yourself and get a real admin to set thing up properly instead of blaming your tools.

• OnraHostOnraHost Member
    edited July 2014

@sman said:
    If your VPS's aren't being suspended and you have ghost containers all over the place maybe you need to fire yourself and get a real admin to set thing up properly instead of blaming your tools.

Or maybe these "tools" can just work how their suppose to????

And I don't see the point of throwing shots about "real admins" cause a CP has nothing to do with an admin for the most part...its simply a "tool" for your CLIENTS!

A "fake admin" probably would of never even guessed the VM's were still on the server.

• smansman Member
    edited July 2014

@OnraHost said:
    A "fake admin" probably would of never even guessed the VM's were still on the server.

Why don't you guys create another thread about how much you think Solus sucks and how awesome CP X is in comparison. If you think your alternative is so awesome why do you feel the need to constanly spread this bullshit anyways?

sman said: For someone who thinks Solus suck and never misses an opportunity to try tell everyone about it (the very first post in this thread) and how much better you think the other guys are you sure seem to spend an awful lot of time in these threads opinionating about it and contributing nothing.

Yup.

Do you make money from Virtualizor somehow or just like to give opinions nobody wants to hear anymore after the first hundred posts?

Ironic much? but nope.

Ironic much mister modules garden sucks?

Now if you would kindly stop spewing your negative crap in every thread your touch that would be great... thanks.

• OnraHostOnraHost Member
    edited July 2014

@sman said:
    Why don't you guys create another thread about how much you think Solus sucks and how awesome CP X is in comparison. If you think your alternative is so awesome why do you feel the need to constanly spread this bullshit anyways?

Sman its sad your picking a fight on the internet? I mean you can at least do a little research before you start throwing your 2 cents out there....

I have NEVER used any other panel then Solus....
    I have NEVER made statements about another "CP X"....
    I have NEVER spread any "constant bullshit"

What I have did though was inquire about other CP's, ask questions, and simply state whats wrong with Solus currently.

I also stood up for Anthony cause it seems you had to pick on him for not being a "real admin" cause he uses "tools"....If we all took your advice there would be 0/ZERO real admins. EVERY COMPANY uses some sort of automation script or "tool" like drumroll please cPanel.

Yes I know MIND BLOWN huh??? cPanel is a control panel, which is a tool, so I guess none of us our "real admins" :(

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • An admin keeps servers running, a real admin automates it. What's the issue with tools? If I were to get a "tool" to run updates on multiple nodes at once, am I not a real admin?

• Hah, panels like cPanel are made to make tasks eaiser, and avoid all the long-lasting setups, even if your a sysadmin or not.

• smansman Member
    edited July 2014

@OnraHost said:

Explain to me how I can get Solus to not suspend a server? I would like to reproduce this problem I have never seen so I can file a bug report with them. Then explain to me how I can get ghost VM's.

That other poster is a known Solus hater/troll. Look how many times he posted just in this thread with the same whining over and over and how great the other panel is. Look at his comment history. Every 2nd or 3rd post.

My questions is why does he always feel the need to beak off about it every chance he gets when he should be playing with his other panel he seems to love so much. If it's so great then people will be able to figure that out for themselves. If he hates solus then don't use it. Problem solved. Why constantly beak off about it?!

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

Still waiting for their real IPv6 way, clients need their own /64 .. I do not mind single IPv6's but IPv6 was never meant that way :/

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • eddynetwebeddynetweb Member
    edited July 2014

It's really about time they added IPv6 rDNS, and the full allocation in general.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2014

eddynetweb said: and the full allocation in general

they didnt add the full allocation yet ...

edit: brainfart .. i know what you meant now .. sorry :P

• jnelson3149jnelson3149 Member
    edited July 2014

drserver said: At this moment, they are Best panel for VPS hosting. I am excluding clouds... for now.

OnraHost said: I guess vice-versa since earlier you said SOlusVM was the best.

drserver said: I have never stated something like that

How quickly they forget...