Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Custom Hosting | Canada KVM | FREE OVH DDoS Protection | Native IPv6 | E5's | SSD Cached | NO BS!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My Custom Hosting | Canada KVM | FREE OVH DDoS Protection | Native IPv6 | E5's | SSD Cached | NO BS!

MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
edited July 2014 in Offers

About My Custom Hosting

My Custom Hosting was registered back in 2009 and has been providing hosting to customers for almost 8 years. We aim to offer your the most features at the lowest price possible. With multiple offsite backup locations, CloudFlare, Softaculous and Nginx+Varnish, and now OpenVZ and KVM VPS, we feel we are almost there but if you have any suggestions to a feature we should add to our lineup please let us know!

Standard Features

• SolusVM Powered
  • Native IPv6
  • Powerful Intel E5 CPU's
  • SSD-Caching
  • NO BS!
  • DDoS Protection (Provided for free via OVH PRO DDoS protection, ticket to have this enabled full time or on demand.)

Recent Changes

- Created a script to set up networking when installing from an ISO. Can be found in KB!

- Added CentOS 7 ISO.

- Added CentOS 5 x86 / x86_64 and Ubuntu 14.04 LTS x86 / x86_64 templates.

- All new VM's will come with an internal IP address! Existing clients please ticket for an internal IP address.

- Weekly backups are being reconsidered at this time due to the issues experienced with the last node failure in NC.

- Nightly backups have been changed to weekly due to more than half of the nodes taking longer than 24 hours to complete the backup process.

- With the help of a few members here I have made changes to all of the KVM templates provided. They will now auto-configure the network connection of your Canadian KVM VPS. Provision and go! Enjoy!

KVM Canada Offers

Don't take a chance with an inexperienced provider, get your My Custom Hosting SSD Cached KVM VPS today!

Plan Name: LET-JULY-1GB-10GB-1TB-MONTHLY

Virtualization Platform: KVM

Guaranteed RAM: 1 GB

Swap: 1 GB

SSD Cached Disk Space: 10 GB

Premium Transfer: 1024 GB

IP Space: 1 IPv4 + 5 IPv6

CPU Cores: 1

Monthly Cost: $4

Order Link: https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=114

Plan Name: LET-JULY-2GB-20GB-2TB-MONTHLY

Guaranteed RAM: 2 GB

Swap: 2 GB

SSD Cached Disk Space: 20 GB

Premium Transfer: 2048 GB

CPU Cores: 2

Monthly Cost: $5

Order Link: https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=115

Plan Name: LET-JULY-3GB-30GB-3TB-MONTHLY

Guaranteed RAM: 3 GB

Swap: 3 GB

SSD Cached Disk Space: 30 GB

Premium Transfer: 3072 GB

CPU Cores: 3

Monthly Cost: $6

Order Link: https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=116

Plan Name: LET-JULY-4GB-40GB-4TB-QUARTERLY

Guaranteed RAM: 4 GB

Swap: 4 GB

SSD Cached Disk Space: 40 GB

Premium Transfer: 4096 GB

CPU Cores: 4

Quarterly Cost: $21

Order Link: https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=117

Plan Name: LET-JULY-256MB-10GB-1TB-YEARLY -- LIMITED QUANTITY!

Guaranteed RAM: 256 MB

Swap: 256 MB

SSD Cached Disk Space: 10 GB

Premium Transfer: 1024 GB

CPU Cores: 1

Yearly Cost: $18

Order Link: https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=92

Reviews

Review #1

Review #2 - "In my opinion, when it comes to real world performance of SSD-cached KVM nobody beats MCHPhil
My large databases finish report runs 3x to 5x faster then other similarly spec'ed low end providers, and only some pure SSD run them faster.

Note: I have been a very happy client of MyCustomHosting since August and highly recommend you try them."

Review #3 - "I agree, very dependable - best uptime of any of my boxes. I have never had issues.

Unfortunately, as a result, I now have higher expectations of my other providers."

Review #4 - "Nice deals! I recommend this provider to everyone looking for serious performance and reliability... one of the best (if not the best) VPS I got on LET in the past year or so."

Review #5 - "During my semi-annual check of all my node's performance I run a Serverbear. I was very pleased with the report for my node at MyCustomHosting."

Review #6

Payment Types Accepted

Paypal & Bitcoin

KVM Plans

Available Here

Locations

The KVM VPS in this offer are hosted in Montreal, Canada at the BHS-OVH facility.

Speed Test / Traceroute / Looking Glass

Montreal KVM Looking Glass

Contact

E-Mail / Ticket

Thanks!

Comments

• MuZoMuZo Member

When I try to order i get this "You must enter your desired root password", but the field "root password" has a random generated password and it's not editable.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • @MuZo said:
    When I try to order i get this "You must enter your desired root password", but the field "root password" has a random generated password and it's not editable.

Resolved. Thank you for the heads up!

• comXyzcomXyz Member

Internet connection is not so fast, but windows VPS is awesome. And Phil is friendly supporter.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • redoredo Member

I am expecting a benchmark post from @FrankZ :D

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited July 2014

@redo said: I am expecting a benchmark post from @FrankZ :D

EDIT:
    I would not want to disappoint you...

Number of cores : 2

CPU frequency : 3199.998 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 238 MB
    Total amount of swap : 255 MB
    System uptime : 64 days, 20:29,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 23.0MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 30.0MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 52.4MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 11.3MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 11.9MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 42.8MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 11.9MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 34.5MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 32.0MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 44.9MB/s
    I/O speed : 265 MB/s

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • Are you using RAID-1?

• @GreenHostBox said:
    Are you using RAID-1?

Didn't you ask me this last offer?

• aglodekaglodek Member
    edited July 2014

Hi. Like earlier this year, still interested to use the 4GB KVM as a test platform for OpenVZ virtualization plus play with SolusVM or Proxmox. Has anybody tried running OpenVZ in any of your KVM's after you added the new auto-networking setup you mention in your post?

Can you update me on your current pricing for extra ipv4's or /29 (5 useable) or /28 (13 useable)?

• Is minecraft allowed? What port speed?

• @aglodek said:
    Hi. Like earlier this year, still interested to use the 4GB KVM as a test platform for OpenVZ virtualization plus play with SolusVM or Proxmox. Has anybody tried running OpenVZ in any of your KVM's after you added the new auto-networking setup you mention in your post?

Can you update me on your current pricing for extra ipv4's or /29 (5 useable) or /28 (13 useable)?

I have no experience running either mentioned software on the infrastructure. I have heard of good reports with clients using proxmox. The auto networking scripts would have no bearing on VZ. You would just need to have things setup on the node correctly and you would be good.

Extra IP's run $2 monthly.

@XxNisseGamerxX said:
    Is minecraft allowed? What port speed?

Depends on CPU usage. 500mbit in and 1000mbit out.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited July 2014

@aglodek - I run proxmox and openVZ on a couple of Phil's nodes. The network setup is not an issue. If you install proxmox from CD you will need to add the routing to /etc/network/interfaces as shown in the MCH knowledge base. If you have any issues with setup, feel free to PM me. I would expect that it would be better to not use NAT'ed internal IPs as OVH might get a bit tweaked if you start leaking internal IP packets to their network.

Thanked by 2MCHPhil aglodek
  • Are Docker instances allowed?

Currently looking to run a docker containing Discourse on the VPS.

• @StellaEV said:
    Are Docker instances allowed?

Currently looking to run a docker containing Discourse on the VPS.

I do not specifically disallow docker if that is what you mean.