Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quadranet infracloud first impression
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Quadranet infracloud first impression

hdpixelhdpixel Member
edited July 2014 in Reviews

Yesterday, I started a VM ("InfraOrange") from Quadranet.com. At first, I found a problem with the order form. The Paypal button was not working. I immediately started chatting with a rep, and he was very helpful. He offered to take my order manually but I told him I'd prefer to do it via their online process.

I informed the rep to let me know when the online order form would work again, so I can try it later. I gave him my information to contact me. The rep immediately opened a ticket, and an hour later, they informed me to try it again. I was able to place the order successfully but I was unable to log in. I called them and someone answered the phone right away. The rep. who took the call was a native English speaker and immediately offered a resolution. They re-sent the account information and I was able to access my account.

They were very polite and I felt that they were very genuine. I am glad they are offering this service since they are very close to where I live. Avg. ping from my location is min/avg/max/mdev = 0.056/0.064/0.070/0.005 ms

I compiled mysql, apache, others and it performed really well. The control panel is very easy to use. They are missing many features that other cloud providers offer but one of the rep mentioned that they will be adding them over time.

Portal screenshot

Plan
InfraOrange

Vcores      2
Memory    1 GB
Disk          30 GB
Swap         1 GB
Bandwith   1000 GB
Hourly      $00.01699
Monthly    $12.41

Fdisk

[root@hostname]# fdisk -l

Disk /dev/vda: 32.2 GB, 32212254720 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 3916 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
Disk identifier: 0x51250580

Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks   Id  System
/dev/vda1   *           1        3917    31457216   83  Linux

Disk /dev/vdb: 1073 MB, 1073741824 bytes
16 heads, 63 sectors/track, 2080 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 1008 * 512 = 516096 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
Disk identifier: 0x00000000
[root@hostname]# /sbin/hdparm -t /dev/vda1

/dev/vda1:
 Timing buffered disk reads: 574 MB in  3.00 seconds = 191.14 MB/sec
[root@hostname]# /sbin/hdparm -t /dev/vda1

/dev/vda1:
 Timing buffered disk reads: 574 MB in  3.00 seconds = 191.14 MB/sec
[root@hostname]# more /proc/cpuinfo
processor   : 0
vendor_id   : AuthenticAMD
cpu family  : 6
model       : 13
model name  : QEMU Virtual CPU version (cpu64-rhel6)
stepping    : 3
cpu MHz     : 2000.138
cache size  : 512 KB
fpu     : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level : 4
wp      : yes
flags       : fpu de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 syscall nx lm unfair_spinlock pni cx16 hyperviso
r lahf_lm abm sse4a
bogomips    : 4000.27
TLB size    : 1024 4K pages
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
address sizes   : 48 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management:

processor   : 1
vendor_id   : AuthenticAMD
cpu family  : 6
model       : 13
model name  : QEMU Virtual CPU version (cpu64-rhel6)
stepping    : 3
cpu MHz     : 2000.138
cache size  : 512 KB
fpu     : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level : 4
wp      : yes
flags       : fpu de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 syscall nx lm unfair_spinlock pni cx16 hyperviso
r lahf_lm abm sse4a
bogomips    : 4000.27
TLB size    : 1024 4K pages
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
address sizes   : 48 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management:
[root@hostname]# grep core\ id /proc/cpuinfo | grep -c \ 0$ | grep ^0$ >> /dev/null && grep -c processor /proc/cpuinfo || grep core\ id /proc/cpuinfo | grep -c \ 0$
[root@hostname]# lscpu
Architecture:          x86_64
CPU op-mode(s):        32-bit, 64-bit
Byte Order:            Little Endian
CPU(s):                2
On-line CPU(s) list:   0,1
Thread(s) per core:    1
Core(s) per socket:    1
Socket(s):             2
NUMA node(s):          1
Vendor ID:             AuthenticAMD
CPU family:            6
Model:                 13
Stepping:              3
CPU MHz:               2000.138
BogoMIPS:              4000.27
Hypervisor vendor:     KVM
Virtualization type:   full
L1d cache:             64K
L1i cache:             64K
L2 cache:              512K
NUMA node0 CPU(s):     0,1
[root@hostname ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync 
16384+0 records in
16384+0 records out
1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 3.72043 s, 289 MB/s

Comments

• sleddogsleddog Member
    edited July 2014

said: I am glad they are offering this service since they are very close to where I live. Avg. ping from my location is min/avg/max/mdev = 0.056/0.064/0.070/0.005 ms

You have an apartment in the DC? :)

Thanked by 2Maounique Mark_R
  • @sleddog said:
    You have an apartment in the DC? :)

Unless he has dark fibre, yes, he'd have to literally live right inside the DC.

• FritzFritz Veteran

Maybe he lives in the DC Office. :p

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2014

I have never seen 0.05 not even in my own lan (plain ethernet 1 gbps with some soho stuff, only the router is cheap mikrotik). I sometimes get 0.1 but that is best. If you pass through at least a couple of routers considering the providers are linked directly, it should be more than that.

• I think he own the DC, that's why he said "very close".. haha /jk :-p

• Hi @hdpixel!

Thank you for the kind words. I remember speaking with you over live chat/email and would like to take the time to thank you again for reporting the order form issues to us, our development team fixed it right away. We're working on adding additional features to our Cloud and will have additional datacenters live within the next couple weeks. We always have an open ear if you have any more suggestions or feedback!

P.S. I must say your latency is extremely impressive, do you happen to live in downtown LA? What ISP are you using? Feel free to stop by for a tour of our facility sometime :)

• @sleddog @0xdragon @Fritz @Maounique lol During the day, I am connected to a 10 Gbps network that has a direct connection to a major hub in Anaheim, CA which has routes to all over the USA & the world. :)

@QuadraNet_Adam Thank you so much for helping yesterday. I am looking forward to all new features. If you check the IP from my order, you can get a better idea which network I connect. :)

Cheers everyone.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

As I said, 2 routers and you are above that. But, who knows, I never tested the latest gear :)

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I'm very happy with QuadraNet's Infracloud also. I have 2 instances, one for a personal project and the other for our primary monitoring node. There are a few "quirks" with it, but overall it's really nice and I plan on utilizing it for more business related applications. :)

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Thank You @hdpixel for hosting with us, we appreciate the chance and we're confident you'll continue to enjoy our services, should we ever fall short of your expectations please reach out, I'll personally ensure you're happy. My e-mail is [email protected]

• afflictionaffliction Member
    edited July 2014

I've been playing around with a few test instances and so far I am really enjoying QuadraNet's Infracloud. I just wish they added some features that some of the other cloud providers have like some kind of backup or snapshot feature and things of that nature :). Does anybody know if QuadraNet is working on adding new features to Infracloud?

• LeeLee Veteran

This thread appears very umm convienient

Thanked by 1Amitz

@affliction said:
    I've been playing around with a few test instances and so far I am really enjoying QuadraNet's Infracloud. I just wish they added some features that some of the other cloud providers have like some kind of backup or snapshot feature and things of that nature :). Does anybody know if QuadraNet is working on adding new features to Infracloud?

Hello,
    We're working on it :) Feel free to put in a feature request as well for anything else you'd like to see.

We're constantly adding new features and will continue to do so. We sincerely appreciate your business.

• jtl999jtl999 Member

SLA?

How's Quadranets DNS hosting? Any screenshots of that? :)

• jtl999 said: SLA?

How's Quadranets DNS hosting? Any screenshots of that? :)

Hi jtl999,

Our SLA can be found here: http://www.quadranet.com/company/service-level-agreement/

Here are screenshots of our DNS hosting:

Thanks for the interest,

• jtl999jtl999 Member
    edited July 2014

@QuadraNet_Adam said:
    Thanks for the interest,

Love it!!!

Will try your cloud once I get some other issues sorted out :)

I think you should have more pre-sale documentation, like a knowledgeable on your site.

@jtl999 said:

We're already working on that hehe -- but what we should have is what we're working on, I think you all would be surprised and excited!!!

• @dustinc said:
    We're already working on that hehe -- but what we should have is what we're working on, I think you all would be surprised and excited!!!

This is probably a dumb question but...how do I login to the "R1Soft CDP Backups" option? I tried my QuadraNet username/password but it doesn't work.

• @dustinc As soon as a Snapshot back up feature is available, I will move more sites. Thank you.

• CoreyCorey Member

affliction said: This is probably a dumb question but...how do I login to the "R1Soft CDP Backups" option? I tried my QuadraNet username/password but it doesn't work.

Looks like this is lowendhelpdesk.com

0xdragon said: Unless he has dark fibre, yes, he'd have to literally live right inside the DC.

Seriously? Do you even know what dark fibre is? I had to ask because of your general attitude on here. Here is the definition for you - "A dark fibre or unlit fibre is an unused optical fibre, available for use in fibre-optic communication."

Thanked by 2ATHK bpsRobert
  • afflictionaffliction Member
    edited July 2014

@Corey said:
    Looks like this is lowendhelpdesk.com

I wasn't asking you

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited July 2014

@Corey said:
    Seriously? Do you even know what dark fibre is? I had to ask because of your general attitude on here. Here is the definition for you - "A dark fibre or unlit fibre is an unused optical fibre, available for use in fibre-optic communication."

You should check your own attitude mate. From that same wikipedia quote: The term dark fibre was originally used when referring to the potential network capacity of telecommunication infrastructure, now also refers to the increasingly common practice of leasing fibre optic cables from a network service provider.

Kindly fuck off mate.

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited July 2014

0xdragon said: You should check your own attitude mate. From that same wikipedia quote: The term dark fibre was originally used when referring to the potential network capacity of telecommunication infrastructure, now also refers to the increasingly common practice of leasing fibre optic cables from a network service provider.

Kindly fuck off mate.

Well - "mate" apparently that's only used by people that don't know what they are talking about - because it makes no sense :)

@affliction said:
    I wasn't asking you

I know you weren't. You were using this as a helpdesk.

• @Corey said:

Smooth. ;)

• InfraCloud is pretty cheap for the service you're getting

• DylanDylan Member
    edited July 2014

Corey said: Well - "mate" apparently that's only used by people that don't know what they are talking about - because it makes no sense :)

Wow, I'm sure glad you're here to make sure we know that Tier 1 network providers like Zayo and Level 3 don't know what they're talking about. Have you considered offered consulting services? It looks like they could use your expertise.

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • CoreyCorey Member

@Dylan said:
    Wow, I'm sure glad you're here to make sure we know that Tier 1 network providers like Zayo and Level 3 don't know what they're talking about. Have you considered offered consulting services? It looks like they could use your expertise.

Apparently they do know what they are talking about -
    http://www.zayo.com/services/dark-fiber

They are selling unlit fiber to various industries as 'dark fiber'. Sounds right to me.

• DylanDylan Member
    edited July 2014

@Corey said:
    They are selling unlit fiber to various industries as 'dark fiber'. Sounds right to me.

No, they're selling dark fiber networks. I don't think you understand the (huge) difference.

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • CoreyCorey Member

@Dylan said:
    No, they're selling dark fiber networks. I don't think you understand the (huge) difference.

Then this sentence on their site would make no sense -

Enterprise and government entities increasingly turning to dark fiber as an alternative to lit service

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited July 2014

@Corey said:
    Then this sentence on their site would make no sense

arrogance

ˈarəg(ə)ns/

noun

the quality of being arrogant.

"the arrogance of this man is astounding"

synonyms: haughtiness, conceit, hubris, self-importance, egotism, sense of superiority;