Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who was working on a open source VPS Control Panel? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Who was working on a open source VPS Control Panel?

Comments

• @Key12, if you encode the source, then your just like SolusVM and others for hiding behind their product and not making you any better.

Thanked by 1klikli
  • qjqqjq Member

eval(base64_decode($code));

Thanked by 1klikli
  • AsadAsad Member

@qjq I thought it was echo(base64_decode($code))); ?

• klikliklikli Member

@AsadHaider said: echo(base64_decode($code))); ?

He's showing how should @key12 'encrypt' the script. ;-)

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@debug said: Encoding doesn't make it more secure. Having it open source will have more eyes on it, reviewing and securing ir

@jshinkle said: if you encode the source, then your just like SolusVM and others for hiding behind their product and not making you any better.

@klikli said: He's showing how should @key12 'encrypt' the script. ;-)

Hello,
    It's not good idea to public source code, here in Egypt it can be hacked Even if has Good security.

• @key12 said: It's not good idea to public source code, here in Egypt it can be hacked Even if has Good security.

Hmm? That doesn't make sense at all.

@gsrdgrdghd said: Hmm? That doesn't make sense at all.

Really? how?!

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@key12 said: Hello,

It's not good idea to public source code, here in Egypt it can be hacked Even if has Good security.

The same vulnerabilities exist regardless of whether your code is open-source. Most malicious penetration testing is done through attacks on running instances, not source code analysis. Open-sourcing it actually makes it more likely that someone else catches a vulnerability and fixes it before it gets exploited. "Security through obscurity" is not a valid concept, at least not when talking about source code.

Thanked by 1klikli

@joepie91 said: The same vulnerabilities exist regardless of whether your code is open-source. Most malicious penetration testing is done through attacks on running instances, not source code analysis. Open-sourcing it actually makes it more likely that someone else catches a vulnerability and fixes it before it gets exploited. "Security through obscurity" is not a valid concept, at least not when talking about source code.

humm, i will consider that :)

• klikliklikli Member
    edited June 2012

@key12, I noticed that you used Apache as your web server. You better move off to the extremely secure IIS;-)

• @key12 said: Really? how?!

1. "Here in Egypt" doesn't in any way relate to the security of the code you write
    2. Security by obscurity is flawed by design.
    Thanked by 1klikli

@klikli said: I noticed that you used Apache as your web server. You better move off to the extremely secure IIS;-)

The coder use lighttpd :)

@gsrdgrdghd said: "Here in Egypt" doesn't in any way relate to the security of the code you write

Security by obscurity is flawed by design.

it's just in Case, Do not know what will be that the point.

• subigosubigo Member

@key12 said: We will provide first version on 25th June 2012 and will surprise from Feature :-P

So... release anything yet?

• TazTaz Member

Looking forward to review the code?

• subigosubigo Member

@NinjaHawk said: Looking forward to review the code?

That and contributing to it if it's actually open source.

• TazTaz Member

@subigo yes. Hope it will offer a plugin system for ease of modification. But from op's pov, might be free but not open source :(

• @NinjaHawk said: @subigo yes. Hope it will offer a plugin system for ease of modification. But from op's pov, might be free but not open source :(

The encryption will be hieroglyphics ;)

• TazTaz Member
    edited June 2012

@FRCorey I am starting to hate virtualizor .Ticket unanswered for 4 days, forum post needs verification. Getting bored.

• @NinjaHawk said: @FRCorey I am starting you hate virtualiy. Ticked unanswered for 4 days, forum post needs verification. Getting bored.

What??

• TazTaz Member

Sorry edited. Shitty Droid keyboard with autocorrect feature.

• @ninjahawk I opened a ticket a hour ago [email protected] and they're ssh'd into my system seeing why a fresh install KVM wont build a VPS.

• TazTaz Member

Hmm I guess a bad day for me? I will.knock again but I guess mine counts as a presale?

• I'm presale as well, have it on a server in the basement, I really just wanted to know if there was a log so I could figure it out myself what was going on, but after digging through the filesystem there's not much to go by.

@subigo said: So... release anything yet?

Sorry it'd need more time, we work 4 hours in a day but not much, we are working more hard now to get it up quickly.

edited June 2012

@subigo said: So... release anything yet?

Few screenshot from installation step
    PS: TOS not write correctly

• looks good, I got some lab gear in the basement if you n eed a tester

• debugdebug Member

@key12 said: We will provide first version on 25th June 2012 and will surprise from Feature :-P

So....uhm....updates?

• TazTaz Member

Any update?

• ovz-web-panel.googlecode.com

• @vistaxie we're not talking about that but the Pure vPanel that @key12 is making