Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any BILLmanager reviews?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any BILLmanager reviews?

SimWhiteSimWhite Member
edited June 2014 in Reviews

Does anyone use BILLmanager as billing software? Any reviews?
I mean usability, client comments, bugs, stability, support?

Comments

• AutoSnipeAutoSnipe Member
    edited June 2014

Personally as a customer... i hate it... just saying...
    Seen a few good deals notice billmanager and close the window

• @AutoSnipe said:
    Personally as a customer... i hate it... just saying...

Could you explain in some words?

• don't like the look of it.... don't like frames everywhere.. it's only really used on Russia, Ukraine and a few other places... but yeah.. i just don't like it.._ Industry Standard... WHMCS_... or even better.. More Secure.. Blesta...

• @AutoSnipe said:
    don't like the look of it.... don't like frames everywhere.. it's only really used on Russia, Ukraine and a few other places... but yeah.. i just don't like it.._ Industry Standard... WHMCS_... or even better.. More Secure.. Blesta...

OK, thanks.

• SimWhiteSimWhite Member
    edited June 2014

Thanks, but I don't need manuals how to work with it, I need reviews and comments what is the system as a whole. Bugs? Support? Clients comments? Usability? And so on..

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2014

Ugly, antiquated, looks and feels like something directly out of 1995. As a client I'd prefer even WHMCS over that any day of the week.

• sz1hostingsz1hosting Member
    edited June 2014

http://ispsystem.com/en/software/billmanager/prices/

hmm whats the standard advanced all about? seems like whmcs is cheaper, the cheapest high quality billing system is boxbilling, i only use whmcs because it is what most customers expect you to have. Currently we pay $18.95 a month for whmcs unbranded.

• SimWhiteSimWhite Member
    edited June 2014

@sz1hosting said:
    i only use whmcs because it is what most customers expect you to have.

Honestly, I hate it order pages themes.

• SimWhite said: Honestly, I hate it order pages themes.

You mean a whmcs integrated site?

• @sz1hosting said:
    You mean a whmcs integrated site?

Yeah.

• SimWhite said: Yeah.

We separate whmcs from the main site.

• @sz1hosting said:
    We separate whmcs from the main site.

But anyway the client enters to WHMCS integrated site to make an order and so on.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@sz1hosting said:
    the cheapest high quality billing system is boxbilling, i only use whmcs because it is what most customers expect you to have. Currently we pay $18.95 a month for whmcs unbranded.

I would not call BoxBilling high quality, when I used it a while back it was riddled with small bugs, and non-existent support.

• iKeyZ said: I would not call BoxBilling high quality, when I used it a while back it was riddled with small bugs, and non-existent support.

Never tried there pro version but when i used it no bugs, there is no support for free bb, you used pro??

• rustelekomrustelekom Member, Patron Provider

Billmanager 4 work fine. It does support domain registration, SSL certificate, control panel like cPanel, Directadmin, Plesk(and of course ISPmanager). Generally speaking it work well for admins and not so well for users. Mostly due to old interface. Also some widely used registrar is not fully supported. So you need check does it work with your registrar, control panel and other function.
    Sofware has API so you could use your own script to do your daily business.
    What is definitely work (per our experience):

Resellerclub and Enom integration
    Onlinenic (limited feature)
    cPanel
    SolusVM

We just do not use other function so i leave further review for someone who use.
    In next 5 version you could see decent interface (you could check it by using ISPmanager 5 for example right now). BILLmanager 5 will be issued before end of 2014 i guess.

• VDS6VDS6 Member

If your initial plan in to use some sort of software like solusvm, proxmox and any other third party software, i would not recommend using billmanager. But if you are sticking to other ispsystem products, than billmanager is a great choice. We currently use vemgr, vmmgr, ipmgr, dnsmgr, ispmgr 4 and 5 and of course billmanager, almost every single product of ispsystem. So far so good. It automates everything, every single detail of vps hosting. We barely touch anything. whmcs sucks basically because i do not want to find myself on a skying trip with a family or hiking mt. washington in nh, and spending hours to renew billing out of the hotel room every single time their php coders screw up. I still have whmcs license which i purchased a long time ago and never used.
    If you need a live demo serving about 500+ live vps customers, just register to our billing system. No lags, no security problems. I am just hoping 5th version will be as good as the 4th one.