Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MNX.io - $6 100% SSD VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MNX.io - $6 100% SSD VPS

NickMNXioNickMNXio Member, Host Rep

MNX.io has launched a service that offers:

• 100% SSD & Tier 1 network providers
  • Customized sizing - select your CPU cores, disk size, and RAM
  • True cloud hosting with SSD SAN, and HA failover
  • Support techs that knows Linux inside and out
  • KVM, Hosted in Chicago
  • Hourly billing

$6 / month - 1CPU, 512MB, 5GB SSD

As an example of our customized sizing/pricing options a 2cpu, 4gb ram, 10gb ssd server is $20/mo, or $0.0272362 / hour,

Comments

• Which datacenter?

• NickMNXioNickMNXio Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2014

We are located in the zColo facility in Mt Prospect IL (just outside Chicago).

• Good luck, it sounds like a great idea, but the disk is very small!

@linuxthefish said:
    Good luck, it sounds like a great idea, but the disk is very small!

If you need more disk space you can resize and add as much space as you need! Without allocating more RAM or CPU if you don't need.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • TWoTWo Member

I like the design ...

... but not knowing who I am dealing with prevents me of entering my credit card details in some random form.

And as I'm forced to give these details before even research prices/getting an offer: I'm out.

PS: I even could not clarify if it is hourly or monthly billing. It appears to me as if the prices are just shown per hour to make them look more attractive.

edited June 2014

@TWo said:
    I like the design ...

... but not knowing who I am dealing with prevents me of entering my credit card details in some random form.

And as I'm forced to give these details before even research prices/getting an offer: I'm out.

PS: I even could not clarify if it is hourly or monthly billing. It appears to me as if the prices are just shown per hour to make them look more attractive.

Thanks so much for the feedback!

We will have our about and faq pages up shortly. In the meantime -- everything is actually hourly -- we just show the monthly price upfront (we will reconsider this display tactic), and we are the same team behind mnxsolutions.com and have been providing Linux consulting and 24x7 managed services since 2006.

Thanks again!

• TWoTWo Member

You are welcome, @NickMNXio

With the reference to mnxsolutions.com a prospect now can at least get a glance on who you are. Maybe you want to show that more prominently?

And regarding payment - what about using one of the established payment provider? I don't sleep very well when I have to believe that my CC info sits (unencrypted) in some random database.

@TWo said:
    You are welcome, NickMNXio

With the reference to mnxsolutions.com a prospect now can at least get a glance on who you are. Maybe you want to show that more prominently?

And regarding payment - what about using one of the established payment provider? I don't sleep very well when I have to believe that my CC info sits (unencrypted) in some random database.

We will be showing that information soon.

Regarding the payment details -- we do use an established payment provider (Stripe), and never store any CC details in our databases.