Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chicago VS New York What do you prefer?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Chicago VS New York What do you prefer?

CoreyCorey Member

What location would you prefer, Chicago or New York(Buffalo or anything in the entire state).
Just doing a little market research, and honestly I'm totally unsure of New York latency vs Chicago latency to other places. Maybe we can generate a little discussion with some data on this as well?

Chicago VS New York
  1. Which location do you prefer?31 votes
    1. Chicago
      41.94%
    2. New York
      58.06%

Comments

• I voted Chicago because it's central US. New York proper is good too, though, for (l)east coast and some parts of Europe.

Don't go with ColoCrossing for either, though. This isn't blind CC hate, just the fact that nearly every Chicago/"NY" provider is at ColoCrossing with no difference in network..

• CoreyCorey Member

ihatetonyy said: I voted Chicago because it's central US. New York proper is good too, though, for (l)east coast and some parts of Europe.

Don't go with ColoCrossing for either, though. This isn't blind CC hate, just the fact that nearly every Chicago/"NY" provider is at ColoCrossing with no difference in network.

Right :)

• @ihatetonyy said:

just the fact that nearly every Chicago/"NY" provider is at ColoCrossing with no difference in network..

Must be a good thing we're 5 minutes outside in NJ ;)

I always preferred the East coast over central US locations. My tests have always shown better results to the EU, and around the same for most of the US.

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • sleddogsleddog Member
    edited June 2014

OnraHost said: I always preferred the East coast over central US locations. My tests have always shown better results to the EU, and around the same for most of the US.

Ping from TorqHost in Estonia:

NJ: 113 MS

Chicago: 125 MS

Not a huge difference.

I voted Chicago as it's much less congested with VPS providers than Buffalo (or NJ).

• New york but only if its Buffalo, ya know, 'cause Buffalo is the best.
    @jbiloh

• @GreenValueHost said:
    New york but only if its Buffalo, ya know, 'cause Buffalo is the best.
    jbiloh

hehe, are you addicted to Buffalo?

• ihatetonyyihatetonyy Member
    edited June 2014

@GreenValueHost said: New york but only if its Buffalo, ya know, 'cause Buffalo is the best. jbiloh

Thanked by 1perennate
  • NY

Better latency to UK

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@GreenValueHost said:
    New york but only if its Buffalo, ya know, 'cause Buffalo is the best.
    jbiloh

Getting extra discounts like that doesn't work Johnny-boy. ;-) It depends on what the network mix is like, tbh I quite like CC's Chicago mix.

Thanked by 1perennate
  • Not trying to get extra discounts, I'm just super happy. I like Buffalo because it's closer to me.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Take a look at our looking glass if you're interested: http://lg.buf.colocrossing.com