Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SimpleServerSetup - v2 of the Lowendscript for Debian/ubuntu
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SimpleServerSetup - v2 of the Lowendscript for Debian/ubuntu

XeoncrossXeoncross Member
edited June 2014 in General

So ever since I forked the original lowendscript people have been using and modifing it to expand the features. In fact, Alix even used it to build his awesome halBox.

However, the time has come for version 2.
A complete rewrite with bigger goals.

https://github.com/Xeoncross/simpleserversetup

This new version is based around packages that make it easy for you to add custom recipes without modifying the core. It also supports Vagrant now so you can spin up virtual boxes quickly, then run the same recipes on you actual VPS.

Think of this like puppet written in bash. Which means you don't need to install anything special to run it. Just git clone and you're good-to-go! See the project readme for more information.

Comments

• Great, I have been using your original script a lot. I will spin a Proxmox VM to see how this works. Thanks!

• I used your last one before, I'll try this one shortly and let you know how it goes :)

• @OP

You should probably have a tarball laying around, since CentOS Minimal for example [ and many other distributions ] don't come with git pre-installed.

Thanked by 1OnraHost
  • looks great.........

• XeoncrossXeoncross Member
    edited June 2014

@GoodHosting, the project page has a zip right there ready to use.
    Just wget https://github.com/Xeoncross/simpleserversetup/archive/master.zip

However, this script only works on Debian and ubuntu.

• yywudiyywudi Member

Thanks OP a lot!! I always used you original version for near all of my VPSes.
    will try this new version in some box