Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dukto : Transfer Files between computers on LAN / Internet / Servers / Android - awesome!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dukto : Transfer Files between computers on LAN / Internet / Servers / Android - awesome!

dedicadosdedicados Member
edited June 2014 in General

Download from http://www.msec.it/blog/?page_id=11

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.msec.dukto

I bet you to try it, on 2 local computers on the same network, just open program and you will see another computer, just drag and drop files!!

also i tested on my Windows VPS, put VPS ip and send files, really, fast and easy!

Info from website:

Dukto R6

Dukto is one of my long-lived software project, it’s now at the 6th release, with many improvements over the previous versions. One of the main changes of this release is the new user interface inspired to the Metro style UI developed by Microsoft for the new releases of Windows Phone, Windows, Xbox and all the other Microsoft products. Since I like the simplicity, the essentiality of this kind of UI, I’ve decided to make a new Dukto interface for all the supported platforms.

If you don’t know Dukto, I can tell you that it’s an easy file transfer tool designed for LAN use. I use it in my everyday work to transfer files from one PC (or other device) to another, without worrying about users, permissions, operating systems, protocols, clients, servers and so on… Just start Dukto on the two PCs and transfer files and folders by dragging onto it’s window. That’s all.

Dukto main features are:

Simple user interface
No server or internet connection needed
Zero configuration
Clients auto-discovery
High speed file transfer
Multi-OS native support
Portable version available
Multi files and folders transfer
Transfers log
Send and receive text snippets (eg. useful for sending URLs)
Open received files directly from the application
Windows 7 taskbar integration with progress and transfer indicator
Show your IP addresses on the IP connection page
Full Unicode support
Metro style UI
Free and open source

Dukto is a free open source project, licensed under GPL. Official releases are made by me for the folliwing platforms:

Windows (XP or later)
OS X (10.6.x or later)
Linux (packaged for Ubuntu and Fedora)
Symbian (for Nokia touch phones)

I hope you like it, is a nice tool.

Thanked by 1upfreak

Comments

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Where's the Android app? Google play link seems to be broken.

• Why does it look like a Windows Metro app on Android? We have development and UI standards for a reason. Google and hundreds of other developers have spent a lot of time and money making them.

• GaNiGaNi Member
    edited June 2014

@Silvenga said:
    Why does it look like a Windows Metro app on Android? We have development and UI standards for a reason. Google and hundreds of other developers have spent a lot of time and money making them.

I had a word with the developer, and he stated that this app was ported using QT Framework.

the app won’t be a “native” Android app, where native is in the acception of Java/Dalvik app with UI created with Android standard widgets; instead, it will be “native” as it is developed in C++ ad so it should give some better performaces on the networking side.

the app won’t be fully supported, as there are so many devices out there, with many screen resolutions, form factors, android releases and OEM customizations. I’ll try to do my best but currently I can’t provide any support about compatibility.

http://www.msec.it/blog/?p=693

• GaNi said: I had a word with the developer, and he stated that this app was ported using QT Framework.

QT has no support for Windows Phones yet. He has a Windows Phone UI when the only devices supported are IOS and Android. The porting from the QT framework does not make sense.

GaNi said: as it is developed in C++ ad so it should give some better performaces on the networking side.

There are studies that show Dalvik and now ART runtimes can outperform native C++. The defining element is that the runtimes can optimise code much better than most professional human C++ programmers can program. There is also the whole thing of portability that C++ lacks. So I would say there would be no performance benefits that are noticeable, especially with the networking as the bottleneck.

• Who uses a windows phone! :S

Lol

• GaNiGaNi Member

@Silvenga said:
    QT has no support for Windows Phones yet. He has a Windows Phone UI when the only devices supported are IOS and Android. The porting from the QT framework does not make sense.

Windows phone is not the only OS using that UI. Secondly, he hasn't released it for Windows Phone yet. He probably pulled MetroUI Winforms for the windows version and simply ported to android and Mac OSX using QT.

The app seems to be working with very few nags and doesn't include a price tag. May be you should try porting it to android with "Development & UI Standards" if you didn't like the UI and release it under DBAD License? ;)