Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alternative to Vuze (Linux)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Alternative to Vuze (Linux)

raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Running Vuze on a kimsufi 2GB RAM.

Vuze works fine except

• Eventually it gets itself into a "no longer sending/receiving" state. I have to restart it every few days.
  • Complains about reaching max files...which is not true. sysctl.conf is set for a very high number and so are security limits. I've tried some other changes but they all involve limiting the number of concurrent torrents...which isn't what I really want.

It works but...maybe there's something better?

The only real features I want are:

• some kind of queue prioritization
  • ability to set up/down speeds
  • completion moving (ideally)
  • email notification when a torrent download finishes (not 100% vital but nice)

Vuze runs on a minimal VNC's twm - ideally any replacement would as well.

Comments

• nevimernevimer Member

I think qbittorrent can do all of that with its GUI. It's webui is lacking but it works.

• My personal favourite is Transmission which I find has only exactly the features I want and nothing more. I think it has everything on your list except email notification.

Since you're running remotely you could also check out:

• I've tried several alternatives for Vuze but I've always gone back to Vuze because of its speed.

Could it be an option to have cron restart it like ever 12 hours so it doesn't get into the weird state?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited May 2014

Try an older version of Vuze, such as 4.7.0.0, the one before they screwed up the UI. That's the one I use (albeit on my 16 GB home server, not a 2GB Kimsufi) and never have any reliability problems with.